tiktokism

Both Dragons on BSA Confirmation Page

Your opinion on this?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This morning I was using fertility on my golds and silvers in preparation to breed them.

While doing so, I found that I must have accidentally clicked the dragon exactly above one of my golds.

Because of the way the Action pages are set up - so that you only see the dragon performing the action, with only the code of the target dragon visible in the address bar - I did not know I had selected the wrong dragon until I had already wasted Fertility on her.

If a BSA is to be performed, we should be able to see *BOTH* of the dragons (or the dragon and egg) on the Action Confirmation page, where you have to put in your password or the name of the action before it can be performed. I'm sure there are people who know their dragons' codes and would notice if they saw the wrong one in the address bar, but... I have over a thousand, I am not going to know until the deed is already done.

Expansion on the idea:

I always found it odd that on a BSA confirmation page (e.g. the page where you might enter your password or the name of the BSA in caps) it only shows the dragon performing the BSA. I thought it makes more sense to show both the dragon performing the BSA, and the egg it is being performed on. For example:

user posted image

It's also easier to double check you have the right egg without having to go and check the code or remember the code.

Secondly, I think on BSA and Action pages, the dragon's name should be used. For example, on the above image, it would instead say: In order for Starbit's Lithium Flames to incubate this egg... or on a kill/release page In order to Release/Kill Starbit's Lithium Flames. Same would apply for freezing a hatchie if it was named. I recognize my dragons by names, not codes, so it would be extra handy to see exactly what pink I'm influencing with or what black hatchie I'm freezing, without having to go back and check the codes.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Yes please. I have wondered for a while why this isn't already the case, especially now that breeding shows both dragons.

Yes please (*has just misinfluenced a precious egg by misclicking sad.gif*)

This would be great - and especially since our scrolls are growing so much faster now, making it progressively harder to recall codes and easier to get dragons mixed up.

This really would be quite handy. I keep finding myself double checking codes in separate windows before using Fertility. A picture of the dragon (and perhaps the dragon's name/code too?) that the BSA is being used on would be a nice tweak at some point.

user posted image

That's what I want.^ The circled thing. Whether it's Fertility, Incubate, or whatever, I want to know who I'm doing it to. (And the egg version could be, "on egg CODE" or something.)

Edit:

It would be nice to have a lineage link as well... really, having lineage links every time a dragon is identified anywhere would be great.  Or just links to their view page.  Most of the time, I don't remember what dragon I named what anyway, so the name wouldn't help me much. xd.png

Maybe...the dragon's name could be like this?

[URL=http://dragcave.net/lineage/CODE]Dragon's Name here[/URL]

I'm happy so many support this, though. ^^

From Emeraldmay:

You know how when you breed, the screen comes up like this?

user posted image

This way I know, I have bred my dragon to the correct breed of dragon I wanted too, and there wasn't a miss-click and I bred my CB Gold to my ugly 100G Neotropical.(Example only. I don't have either, and have never done that) I can then check via the egg I bred the parents correctly.

Well, for eggs, it comes up:

user posted image

Which leaves me to have a little freakout about influencing/incubating etc the wrong egg, so I go the egg's page and check the time, or start up a new influence just so I can check I have influenced the right dragon, I can breathe again smile.gif.

This would also show up on the confirmation page, of course.

user posted image

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

YES! You have no idea how many times I've backed out of an action page just to make double-sure I've clicked the right dragon. I lack anyone to pass an egg over to to fix a misplaced Influence.

that would be very helpful. Of course I support :3

I also support the state about influence and incubate status is viewed in the dragon's page when being used, since I may sometimes forget that and have to use another available pink or red to make sure :s

It would be nice to have a lineage link as well... really, having lineage links every time a dragon is identified anywhere would be great. Or just links to their view page. Most of the time, I don't remember what dragon I named what anyway, so the name wouldn't help me much. xd.png

It would be nice to have a lineage link as well... really, having lineage links every time a dragon is identified anywhere would be great. Or just links to their view page. Most of the time, I don't remember what dragon I named what anyway, so the name wouldn't help me much. xd.png

Maybe...the dragon's name could be like this?

[URL=http://dragcave.net/lineage/CODE]Dragon's Name here[/URL]

I'm happy so many support this, though. ^^

You have no idea how many times I've backed out of an action page just to make double-sure I've clicked the right dragon.

As a workaround, the last section of the URL is the target dragon's code. And yes, I'm frequently confirming by looking there, as well. I see no reason the code/name shouldn't also be on the page itself, where everyone knows to look.

Support. :3 I've had trouble with this before, and sometimes I forget which dragon I'm naming/describing as well.

THe bad thing is it would make the page much longer. If it's possible, I think it would be better to be able to click the dragon icon, mouseover, or some button under it, to show it's name. THat way we'd get to see the name but wouldn't risk reallly weird text wrap problems.

As a workaround, the last section of the URL is the target dragon's code. And yes, I'm frequently confirming by looking there, as well. I see no reason the code/name shouldn't also be on the page itself, where everyone knows to look.

I do that too. But then I still have to go and check to make sure it's the right egg code anyway, since not all codes can be read and briefly remembered as a somewhat slurred word. tongue.gif

Only makes sence to. To double cheack it and...well also I thought it did as I dont always read everything.

Only makes sence to. To double cheack it and...well also I thought it did as I dont always read everything.

But what if you accidentally misclick? Then you wasted a BSA, one you possibly desperately needed.

Would be a helpful tool. When I do use a BSA i sometimes have to go back and double check what dragon im doing it too lol So yes helpful.

smile.gif that's why you have an army of them and don't use the bsa unless necessary. I don't incubate or influence unless necessary.

Newbies don't have that luxury, and I'm an ignoramus who mass breeds my Reds and Pinks for the AP while forgetting that I don't have 50 of each yet...so I think it's needed. xd.png

Poll choice overload @_@ I voted yes. It would be nice to not have to back out of a page whenever I'm having doubts that I opened the wrong dragon's action page...

Poll choice overload @_@ I voted yes. It would be nice to not have to back out of a page whenever I'm having doubts that I opened the wrong dragon's action page...

sleep.gif; Sorry. Wanted to think of all the things people usually state...

Hi smile.gif

You know how when you breed, the screen comes up like this?

user posted image

This way I know, I have bred my dragon to the correct breed of dragon I wanted too, and there wasn't a miss-click and I bred my CB Gold to my ugly 100G Neotropical.(Example only. I don't have either, and have never done that) I can then check via the egg I bred the parents correctly.

Well, for eggs, it comes up:

user posted image

Which leaves me to have a little freakout about influencing/incubating etc the wrong egg, so I go the egg's page and check the time, or start up a new influence just so I can check I have influenced the right dragon, I can breathe again smile.gif.

My suggestion is that the picture of the egg comes up with the picture of the dragon:

user posted image

...like so. It would also appear on the 'Confirm this BSA being used' screen, so you could be sure you are actually influencing the correct breed. I apologise if I offended any art copyright there, but I've seen people edit pictures of the main site before, so I assumed it was ok.

I don't think any 'real life logic' applies to this, so I doubt it would be an issue. All dragons used in these pictures are my own. I checked, and couldn't find any duplicates, and I apologise for wasting your time if it is.

The only problem I can foresee is if you have 2 eggs of the same breed, but then it wouldn't really make a change from not being able to see the egg.

To summarize, the picture of the egg would appear on the screen when you are implementing the BSA to confirm you are influencing the correct egg, preventing accidental miss-clicks, so not wasting any BSA's.