marhawkman

Where did your ancestors come from?

Not entirely sure about everything, but I know my great, great (I think) Grandparents were Irish. Apart from that, the rest of me is Scottish.

Mostly English, I believe. There's possibly a little bit of French mixed in somewhere, but overall, I'm just English. I do know that my surname dates from Anglo-Saxon times, but apart from that, I don't know much.

I guess I could say I'm purebred Greek, which is rather boring... But for the people here the fact I am a quarter from Asia Minor, and three quarters from two different Greek provinces seems pretty unique... ^^; Also, judging from my mother's family's looks, I'd say that I have a bit of northern blood in me too. Not many people in my grandma's village were tall and had fair hair and blue eyes, after all.

Switzerland, Germany, France, Ireland, and England

Then there's also some Cherokee in me.

I'm a mutt. xd.png

My father was australian -- HIS father was 100% Irish, from a blueblood family that exiled him for a crime he commited (we were never told what really happened tongue.gif). His mother was part English-Australian, part... something else native of the Australian islands, we don't know exactly which clan or ethnic group.

Now, my mother. xd.png One of her ancestors on her mother's side was 100% Scottish and from the Muir Clan. There's also a family story on her father's side about that English nobleman who came from Britain with his very young wife, who had a baby (our ancestor) bearing the same genetic illness as their adventurous neighbor... xd.png But as far as I know, we have Canadian and American (of course), English, French, Scottish, Italian-or-Spanish-we're-not-sure, German, Polish and much more European Nations ancestors, with some Jewish and Native American people thrown in the mix somewhere.

So, uhm, yeah. Mutt.

xd.png

Edited by fallen_leaf

Trinidad, Grenada, Venezuela, and China.

Probably more since I have the English last name "Norton".

As my maternal grandmother's siblings branched out, they also included India, Ireland, and New Zealand.

Mother: 100% Scottish (both her parents born & lived in Scotland and moved over to Canada before she was conceived)

Father: 100% Irish (both his parents born & lived in Ireland and moved over to Canada before he was conceived)

Both sets are true Irish and Scottish not just born there and lived there. My Psych teacher got into a debate on what makes a person a nationality and says that being born in a particular place makes you that nationality. (IE: I'm not 50% Irish, 50% Scottish.. I am 100% Canadian from Irish & Scottish Decent.) Can anyone clarify this better?

EDIT: PM me with your responses please I don't always check back on threads I've posted in.

Edited by Lord_Kishin

From most prominent to least:

Italian (And other places near there)

Hungarian

Polish

German

Irish

Scottish

Russian

Basically, I'm a mutt of European nations with the Mediterranean Basin being the biggest percentage of stuff in my blood. I'm even anemic because of it.

I'm pretty much a huge mutt.

My mom's been doing a lot of family digging recently.

Mother's side: German, English, Norwegian, Irish and French. Our English ancestor crossed over to the US in the 1600's and planted himself in New Jersey. They've been there ever since. My mom's side of the family have been born and raised in South Jersey for centuries. I think I'm the first generation to be born and raised somewhere else. The family itself is huge, I mean, really huge, to the point where they must've owned about half of South Jersey. There are historical buildings that have my ancestors' names on them for building them. Not to mention there are plenty of places that bear the last name (a creek, a road, a school, even a town) sadly I don't share the same last name xd.png. However! I am also related to the Leeds family (look up the Jersey Devil for those who don't know)

My mom found out that other cool stuff too, like we have distant relatives in Germany that own a huge winery. Also we're distantly related to Timothy Matlack (he's the guy who wrote the Declaration of Independence. Yeah, I know Thomas Jefferson wrote it, but ol' Timmy here had better penmanship that Jefferson so he just copied what Jefferson wrote. More information here.) We also found out we're distantly related to George W. Bush. Damn our lineage is vast.

Dad's side: African, Peruvian, Brazilian, Portuguese, Cherokee and somehow Japanese. I don't know much of its history really. I don't know if anyone has attempted to dig really deep in it. I just know my 2 or 3x great grandmother was pure Cherokee, and I think my grandmother was born in Brazil, or she had Brazilian blood.

I really want to do those swab DNA tests to find more distant relatives across the globe.

Edited by Black Blaze

Lets see... Ive got ancestors from China, Singapore, Ireland, Scotland, Canada, and Panama. I think it spreads out even wider in my family, but thats all i know. My friends joke around that i come from everywhere. Figures :P

Well my mother's mom was 100% Finnish, while her dad was 50% English, 25% Welsh, and 25% German. My father's mom is 50% Irish, 50% German, while his dad is 100% German. This makes me 4/16 Finnish, 1/16 Welsh, 7/16 German, 2/16 Irish, and 2/16 English

My father was half Irish and half German, and my mother is half Irish and half French.

My family has all been born in the US for the past several generations,

but the Irish part of our ancestry has always been pretty big.

My mother knows several of our relatives living in Ireland, and I've been there several times.

My mother's family I know of. My father's is cloudy.

We started in Germany and then migrated to England where one of my ancestors stole horses from the king and then fled to Scotland, from there we stayed like 2 generations then went to Ireland and then came over to the americas. My great great great great great aunt married Daniel Boone's brother.

My family has been in New Zealand for two generations. My maternal grandparents, however, spent most of their lives in Jersey, part of the Channel Islands. My other nanna was born in Scotland, my grandad in England. Great grandparents were (maternal) French, Scottish, Irish and English.

I have no idea how my family has come from such a concentrated area.

Yeah, NZ too. My grandparents on my mum's side are from Scotland and England, while my father's parents are both Australian, with his great-grandfather appearently being some sort of ex-Englishman.

England I believe...I did a project on this for school so I really should know xd.png

Hmm...my dad's ancestors are from Germany, and my mom's are from Ireland, I believe. Not too sure.

father: ukranian

mother: russian(her father is russian and mother - ukranian)

So I'm ukranian smile.gif

Mmmm... I don't know much about from where my ancestors come from but as far as I know we are South Africans to the bone!

I think like maybe many, many, many, many years about our family came from one of the European countries... thats my only knowledge