marhawkman

Where did your ancestors come from?

For a few generations Canadian but before that mainly Irish, some British, some Spanish, and a mix of French, German, and other European places.

I'm the Heinz 57 of European ancestry.

North American

Because we've been here for ten generations.

At that point, it fails to matter which European country you come from (if you're Caucasian like me), or African, or Asian, or anything in between.

North American

Because we've been here for ten generations.

At that point, it fails to matter which European country you come from (if you're Caucasian like me), or African, or Asian, or anything in between.

for me it's very recent, four generations or back inthe 1910's was when grandma's family came over from the two places I listed earlier

It seems that my ancestors settled here in Singapore from Hainan, China, but it's quite recent, since I'm only the fourth generation of the family that's settled in Singapore. My father says my roots can be traced extremely far back to somewhere in BC, when my ancestor, the famous Chinese scholar Zeng Zi, still lived.

And yes, I am Chinese.

._.

Edited by CandyRaid

Mother dutch, father british. My grandmother says I'm related to Sting in some way + I have royalty in my blood (although illegitimate).

Mother dutch, father british. My grandmother says I'm related to Sting in some way + I have royalty in my blood (although illegitimate).

Greetings, Your Highness.

for me it's very recent, four generations or back inthe 1910's was when grandma's family came over from the two places I listed earlier

lol By we, I meant my family.

I wasn't talking about anyone else specifically.

For us though, it hardly matters. We've lost our European roots to the four winds.

haha *high-fives* people are always like CHINA AND TAIWAN ARE THE SAME and I'm like no they're not dry.gif we speak different languages and stuff.

haha *high-fives* people are always like CHINA AND TAIWAN ARE THE SAME and I'm like no they're not dry.gif we speak different languages and stuff.

Too true.

I speak simplified. You speak traditional, which I doubt I will ever even get the gist of. Too hard. ><"'

Well I grew up learning traditional so I can't really say it's hard x3 but my Chinese friends say it's really confusing to them.

Well I grew up learning traditional so I can't really say it's hard x3 but my Chinese friends say it's really confusing to them.

They're right. ._.

I tried reading traditional the other day. All I registered was " 餐 " because that didn't change out of traditional.

My dad lived in the south Indian state of Kerala until he was nine before he came to the US and my mom is from Kerala but grew up in North India.

Well... my grandad is from London so I have a lot of family there... but I think our family goes a fair bit back and I believe we are originally from France, but I could be mistaken.

Well, I'm half Dutch and half Belgian.

My father is Dutch, but his ancestors come from australia..

My mother is Belgian but was born in The Netherlands (we live in a village that is split in half.. on side in Belgium the other in The Netherlands). But her ancestors come from France..

So I'm a French Australian Belgian Dutchie! xd.png

I'm English, Irish, Italian, German, Norwegian, and Danish.

The only ones we can find records on are the Italian and German ancestors and even with them, we can't find jack before the boat in the 1890s and 1920s...

My father is french with very far off german jewish origins.

My mother is british.

That's all I know of.