marhawkman

Where did your ancestors come from?

I am italian irish german dutch english welsh native american and maybe a little african american threw the italian side. Back before the 1960s or so in parts of america it was very common that if you were light enough to pass as italian then you moved out of state or at least far from your hometown and moved to an italian area and restarted your life. Italian meant an easier life then black at that point. dry.gif

Half english, half belizian. Would love to learn more of my belizian heritage, but sadly my mums mum died long before I was born and passed down little other than cooking recipies to my mother. (Back when not being perfectly english was not a good thing ): )

I guess I'm the only dark skin person who's posted, well I'm 25% african and the rest is Jamacain born and raised until I was three in my home land of Alligator pond, fish community Saint Elizabeth. Moved to the US at at four with my parents and siblings. My child hood wasn't like normal today living wise but I'm here I guess :/ I'm 19 by the way.

I'm armenian, german, dutch, and texan. About 25% each, though slightly more german than dutch.

mom+ grandparents are Asian (Chinese/Taiwanese) dad+grandparents are german (plus a bit of irish)

Mostly all European: Scottish, Northern Irish, English, a touch of Russian and German. I might have a little Native American mixed in, but that's unproven.

I'm... English, Irish, German, and Cherokee. Cherokee on both sides, descended from a chief on my dad's. English on my mom's. Irish on both. German on my dad's and I happen to be descended from Nazis that fled Germany after WWII. tongue.gif

Both my parents are from Iran. Yet I only know English and Italian (my family moved to Italy before my sister and I were born) and I forgot most of the Farsi I learned from my parents and sister tongue.gif

Germany, Lithuania, Ireland, and Scotland. ;0

Edited by JOTB

Little bit of (almost) everything European

Mom: Able to trace her ancestry back to the mayflower. She had Native american, french, English, potato Irish, Russian, German, Swedish, Greek, Italian. It's fun looking at her ancestry.com page xd.png

Dad: Able to trace his lineage back to Benjamen Franklin, (yes.... a prostitute,) German, potato Irish, French, English, Polish, apparently a little bit of viking, and Spanish.

I look mostly like the generic Irish/German mix though. With so many listed in there I mostly just call myself american xd.png

Mongolian(I'm a decendant of Gengis Khan), native american, german, Japanese, spain

mostly irish , but then theres some indian , italion and welsh mixed in as well as english and french huh.giftongue.gif

Mom's side: Mostly Greek (Spartan, specificially), French, German,

Dad's side: Danish.

So my ancestors were Spartans and Vikings. I'm genetically predispositioned to be awesome.

Edited by wolfclaw

Spanish, basque, and a mush of slavic blood (not well documented but we think from russia, poland, slovakia, and hungary).

Everywhere. unsure.gif No where. WHAT? I'm not a demon!

Just kidding. Canadian, Italian, and Texan. Mostly Texan, though. smile.gif

Edited by cmw2625

Well, from what I know, most of my family is 60% Irish, 30% Scottish, and 10% a mix of almost everything else in Europe. My dad's side of the family I know immigrated from Scotland to New York, as that was my Great-Great Grandfather who had. My mother's side of the family I'm more unsure of. I need to do a bit more research on them. :/

I've got Scottish, Irish, Norwegian, German, and Native American ancestors. I get the Irish and Native American from my mother's side of the family, and the Scottish, Norwegian, and German from my father's side.

My ancestry is mostly unknown, but here's what I have-

Father-

Europe. Probably a redhead (I had to get it from somewhere.)

Mother-

Unknown parts of Africa, by way of the American south (which also implies a fair bit of European ancestry)

Various parts of North America, a few generations back

My ancestry is pretty much all Estonian but I'm almost sure that there is some German and Russian heritage somewhere.

My mother was Canadian, and both her parents were British.

My father is Bahamian, with roots going back to Brazil on his father's side (and possibly from there back to Spain rather than Portugal) and to the American Loyalists on his mother's side and somewhere in there we can trace one branch back to England in the 1400's!