marhawkman

Where did your ancestors come from?

What was I told? Polish from my dad, and English, Irish, Scottish, German, Russian, and Southern Cheyenne from my mom.

Scottish and Irish on my mother's side...

I don't know who my father is so I don't know about his ancestry.

Croatian all the way, my last name is very old, bout 1000 years and I don't know alot.png about my mothers ancestry

hmmmm im Scottish and Dutch, but also have German, Irish, English and im pre sure many other things biggrin.gif...... but am Mainly Aussie wink.gif

100% Taiwanese biggrin.gif Though I moved to America at a young age, so 1st Gen Asian American xd.png

My family tree isn't just a tree...We actually have a book of the family tree >.>

England.

Both parents are English

yet i'm an Aussie lol go figure

I am... 100% Chinese. I'm boring.

My mother hails from a wee little village in Taisan, and that's really about it. Her dad came from a rich family but spent most of it protecting his family during the Communist gunk. The wealth came from a paper factory.

My dad's side is a little more interesting. Story goes that our entire bloodline on that side fled Beijing centuries ago to escape genocide. Why? Because our Wong is the Wong that means "Emperor", rather than "Yellow". The Emperor at the time feared an uprising from those who had a claim to royal blood through that name, so he ordered the extermination of the entire family name. They all fled to Macau.

So... I guess I'm not as boring? I'm descended from Chinese emperors gais. :V

Edited by Lythiaren

I am... 100% Chinese. I'm boring.

My mother hails from a wee little village in Taisan, and that's really about it. Her dad came from a rich family but spent most of it protecting his family during the Communist gunk. The wealth came from a paper factory.

My dad's side is a little more interesting. Story goes that our entire bloodline on that side fled Beijing centuries ago to escape genocide. Why? Because our Wong is the Wong that means "Emperor", rather than "Yellow". The Emperor at the time feared an uprising from those who had a claim to royal blood through that name, so he ordered the extermination of the entire family name. They all fled to Macau.

So... I guess I'm not as boring? I'm descended from Chinese emperors gais. :V

Wow, that's cool! I think I'd heard that about the Wong name somewhere before, but I'm not sure where.

that's not so boring. there's a lot of kinda of chinese. Some chinese are descended from Ghengis Khan.

I'm pretty much pure celt, you look at me you'd know why wink.gif

That said the family has been steadily moving southwards through England for a few generations now. On my father's side I think you hit Scotland if you go 5 generations back (we did research it, can't remember the exact number but I did discover I'm entitled to a tartan). Mum's father was, I am led to believe, Irish. I said 'led to believe' because she certainly never met the man. I gather he was living in the Kilburn area of London at the time he met my Nan.

So, yeah. I'm English, but the blood on one side goes back to the Irish and on the other the Scottish. No wonder I have red hair.

Cherokee, Polish, Irish, and a little bit of Scottish.

And I have royal blood in polish.

And I'm related to Eisenhower.

Father: Full Italian

Mother: Irish, Scottish, German and Cherokee.

ah, the mixture of Italian and Irish...might be why sometimes I have a temper...

I'm so very white.

My great grandparents on my maternal and paternal side were from Germany, and our family on my mother's paternal side are Irish. We are also French and English, though from which part of the family, I don't know. But we're mostly German. Our last name is German.

I'm all the white things in the world combined.

Edited by glamoursea2

I'm all the white things in the world combined.

Hello white friend!

I have blood from Ireland, England, a few others places. I'd have to check with my dad, he's the geneaology expert of our family.

Wow, reading all this reminds me of how little I actually know. sad.gif

---------Maternal grandmother: ???

Mother: Maternal grandfather: Probably native american. was from northern Florida, thus most likely either Seminole or Creek.

Yeah, not much info there. sad.gif

Father:

Paternal Grandmother: from england, not completely sure exactly though.

Paternal Grandfather: his father was an immigrant from sweden, but not a caucasian immigrant, his mother was your stereotypical tall, buff, blonde, blue-eyed Nordic person.

Hello white friend!

I have blood from Ireland, England, a few others places. I'd have to check with my dad, he's the geneaology expert of our family.

Hello to you, too!

I look Irish- fair skin, red-blonde hair, bountiful freckles- though I'm mostly German, and I'm not 100% sure what Germans look like....blonde hair, blue eyes? That seems to be the stereotype, but again, I don't know. :/

Hello to you, too!

I look Irish- fair skin, red-blonde hair, bountiful freckles- though I'm mostly German, and I'm not 100% sure what Germans look like....blonde hair, blue eyes? That seems to be the stereotype, but again, I don't know. :/

I've met Lots of different looking Germans. I've seen several that had decent tans. and a LOT with brown hair and eyes. Blonde and Blue are common, but not universal.

England.

Both parents are English

yet i'm an Aussie lol go figure

I'm guessing there's controversy when you all watch cricket? X3

My mom is Mexican, Spanish & French, and my dad is Danish & Norwegian. I don't know much family history other than my paternal great grandparents, the Danes, came from Sylt, one of the Frisian Islands in northern Germany. Supposedly they fled to America with my grandfather During WWII.

I'm mostly Irish. My dad's side is full Irish, though they've been in America for a while. And my mom's side's English, German, Irish, and Scottish.

My family's from Iran although I'm ethnically Persian, (Iranian and Persian are two different things), and I might have a teensy bit of Russian because my maternal Great-Grandma was from the north of Iran (near Russia) and was very fair and beautiful. She died in childbirth and no-one talks about her, but sometimes I wonder. I commonly get mistaken as a person of Spanish ethnicity though, haha. biggrin.gif