aangs-sister

The Hatching Dragon Spriting Contest

Will you participate? If so, how?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I, personally, would think it would be much more fair to have a vote rather than just two people deciding who wins. I mean, sprites are not easy to make and everyone has obviously put a lot of work into them. I think it would be much more... meaningful to win the contest based on votes by many people who like your sprite rather than just two people.

But that's just my opinion. Since I am not actually participating in the contest, I can't speak for everyone else.

When I was first planning the contest, I didn't know how many people would enter. For all I knew, there could be 7 or 70. I though a judging method would be the most convenient. Since nobody said anything until now, less than 24 hrs before winners are going to be announced (not that there is anything wrong with that) there isn't much that can be done.

Both be and the other judge are spriters (the other judge is quite experienced) if it consoles you any.

What say you people? Would you be willing to delay the contest for another week or so to do a vote? I'll check the thread again tomorrow to see what is best.

Edited by aangs-sister

My apologies for not saying anything sooner. I has just assumed there would be a vote since that is how most contests are judged. And when you said the winners would be announced tomorrow, that is what piqued my interest and why I asked.

Like I said, if no one else opposes this, that is fine with me. I was just wondering is all.

Nah I think the judging system is better. I doubt anyone would do it on here but I have seen so many contests get unfair results because of people asking for external votes from their friends, family etc. :/ So the results will be posted today? Can't wait! <3

I hope the sprite I'm rooting for wins! Not telling who it is though~

Sorry about the delay. I needed to get a hold on the other judge. And without further ado:

The 1st Category Winners!

user posted image First place goes to:

Grishiu's Blue Omen Dragon

user posted image

Adorned with a blue tear shaped crystal on their heads, Blue Omen dragons take their name from the unfortunate predictions they give. Assisted with their glowing sphere, many of these predictions bear grief and sorrow. Due to their unpopularity, these infamous dragons are often secluded within caves and only come out to hunt. However, their specialty frequently alerts them of coming battles and dangers, which is why the species flourishes.

user posted imageAnd in second place:

Infinis's Cobalt Soulbreaker

user posted image

Cobalt Soulbreakers are named not only for their magnificent cobalt scales but for their heartwrenching cries described as "soulbreaking." In reality, these cries are used for echolocation because their eyesight is poor; this is how they hunt. Their eerie cries have led them to be mostly ostracized by other dragons, and so it is rare for them to be found living with dragons not their own kind.

user posted imageAnd finally, third place goes to:

RainStar13's Sapphire Tear Gem Amphithere

user posted image

(No Dragon Description)

Donators, please breed your dragons. Once the eggs the eggs have been bred, the winners may pick their prize from the eggs (in order of place). Any leftover eggs can be kept be the breeder for whatever they see fit.

(To the winners: the trophies are part of your prize. Feel free to put them in your signatures or whatever you like!)

If there are any questions, please feel free to post them.

Edited by aangs-sister

Congrats, winners!

And I really like those trophies. Very clever to incorporate the egg like that.

Yay I was rooting for Infinis! Glad it got second place! Oh well my sprite was a bit rushed and I forgot to make the outlines less black xd.png Congrats guys!

So I currently have a CB vine as well. If any of the winners wants it feel free to shoot me a PM.

Aang-sister wouldn't it be better if the winners contacted us about the eggs they want us to breed?

O.O I won?! Wow... I don't know what else to say but thank you! I saw this last night and I still can't believe I won; you guys were all so amazing! I dunno if I could claim a prize... I don't feel like I deserve one ^-^;

Congrats to everyone! All of your sprites are amazing 8D

I pm'ed the winners! Hopefully I'll be able to breed the prizes as soon as possible~

Lovelies can you please reply? Some of you have been online and I really need to know what to breed! Thanks in advance!

I'm not quite sure how the prize donating bit of this all works, so hopefully I'm doing this right...

To the winners:

I have five hatchies currently sitting on my scroll that are up for grabs as prizes (basically, everything except the white eggy)! I'm afraid most are rather unremarkable breed-wise, but I'm hoping the lineages make up for it. They are:

~ 3rd gen even White Stripe, from a Blue Stripe and an '09 Valentine dragon (Lineage). hatchie

~ 4th gen arrowhead Spotted Greenwing from Greenwings and Shadow Walkers, with a naming theme featuring two quotes from the Vastha Nerada Doctor Who episodes (Lineage). hatchie

~ 5th gen PB even Deep Sea, featuring Gwinyth's speach from "The Shakespeare Code" (another Doctor Who episode, for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about) (Lineage). hatchie

~ 3rd gen even Bluna, from a Goldfish and a Bluna, with a slightly-disturbing quote from an old nursery rhyme as the naming theme (Lineage). hatchie

~ 5th gen stairstep Bronze Tinsel from Bronze Ivy bred with harvests (Lineage). hatchie

~ 4th gen even Black Stripe from a PB nebula x PB stripe (Lineage). hatchie (3d22h)

The times are as of this posting.

Well, that's what I have. If you're a winner and it's your turn to pick a prize and you want one of mine, just shoot a PM my way!

EDIT: All the eggs are hatchies now (or will be in an hour or so), and the black stripe is an ER hatchie.

Edited by Stealthypugs

To the Winners:

As I haven't bred anything on my own... if anyone wants anything from my dragons shoot me a pm and I'll do my best to make them produce eggs.

In other words: Free pickings off my scroll for dragons to breed! I'll breed ASAP the dragons you want smile.gif

I'm not sure if I can claim any prizes D: I feel bad if I do. I'm just happy that I won ^-^; I dun need no prizes

I'm not sure if I can claim any prizes D: I feel bad if I do. I'm just happy that I won ^-^; I dun need no prizes

You deserve a prize, though, 'cuz your entry is awesome! Not that everyone else's entries aren't awesome, but you did win first place. laugh.gif

You deserve a prize, though, 'cuz your entry is awesome! Not that everyone else's entries aren't awesome, but you did win first place. laugh.gif

D: Well, if you guys insist... you can surprise me!

@WhatTheTurkey - That depends on what you want to contribute. Entries are not being acepted anymore, but prizes are always good.

@flitzthesoulreaper - I'll respond to your PM once I can get a hold of the other judge.

on another note, have any of the winners received prizes? Please post if you have!

The deadline for the second category has now passed. No further entries for this category will be accepted.

The judging stage has now begun! The winners will be announced on Monday, March 5th to give donators time to prepare prizes.

Here are the entrants for the 2nd category:

Entrants/Entries for this category:

Flitzthesoulreaper's Trimetal Emperor

user posted image

Dragon Description: Proud, loyal and wise, Trimetal Emperors were often held captive by royalty. Their bronze scales, silver antlers, golden plates and brilliant minds always attracted attention in the past, which unfortunately, is also the reason why such a small number of them is left today. Very little is known about them since it's almost impossible to find them in the wild, but it has been mentioned before that they never stop growing. Seeing one is said to bring prosperity and good luck. A Trimetal Emperor will never abandon their companion and they tend to give precious advice when they deem necessary. Though they do try to avoid trouble and conflict whenever they can.

Albinosilver's Metallic Dragon

user posted image (Male)

Metallic dragons are sometimes produced when a gold and a silver dragon breed together (other times it may just be a normal silver or gold egg). They are very rare to come by and are even more stunning then their parents. The young are born with shiny bronze scales, and only shed them and get their gold-silver ones when they mature. Metallic dragons live high up in cliffs where they dig for certain minerals to eat.

Infinis's Darkwing Dragon

user posted image

Despite their beautiful silver scales and golden bellies, a Darkwing's most striking feature is its deep brownish-copper wings. Darkwings are actually hatched with wings of bright copper, but as they grow and age the wings become rapidly darker. Male Darkwings are larger but have a smaller wingspan than the females; the females use their large wings to batter and scare enemies who may be out to harm their young. Darkwings are very good parents - a mother will sacrifice herself for the young if necessary.

Since only 3 of the entrants have submitted there entries, all of you will be receiving prizes (eventually). Congrats!

Edited by aangs-sister

Infinis's one of 4 eggs has been bred. I'll be hatching it for them.

I am trying to breed a metallic and good lineaged dragons for Grish and RainStar has not replied to my PM. :/

Good to know. Thanks flitz!

We seem to have hit a small roadbump. It seems Albinosilver's entry image has broken, and sadly it broke before we were finished judging it. I PMed Albinosilver about it, and the places will be announced when (s)he re-post the image so we can finish judging. If (s)he doesn't respond by friday, we will go on memory for the judging and award the places accordingly.

This will NOT affect any of the posted deadlines.

Sorry about the delay, I was waiting in hopes of hearing from Albinosilver. Since (s)he hasn't posted or replied to my PM, we will continue on without them. And without further ado:

The 2nd Category Winners!

user posted image First place goes to:

Infinis's Darkwing Dragon

user posted image

Despite their beautiful silver scales and golden bellies, a Darkwing's most striking feature is its deep brownish-copper wings. Darkwings are actually hatched with wings of bright copper, but as they grow and age the wings become rapidly darker. Male Darkwings are larger but have a smaller wingspan than the females; the females use their large wings to batter and scare enemies who may be out to harm their young. Darkwings are very good parents - a mother will sacrifice herself for the young if necessary.

user posted imageAnd in second place:

Flitzthesoulreaper's Trimetal Emperor

user posted image

[iDragon Description: Proud, loyal and wise, Trimetal Emperors were often held captive by royalty. Their bronze scales, silver antlers, golden plates and brilliant minds always attracted attention in the past, which unfortunately, is also the reason why such a small number of them is left today. Very little is known about them since it's almost impossible to find them in the wild, but it has been mentioned before that they never stop growing. Seeing one is said to bring prosperity and good luck. A Trimetal Emperor will never abandon their companion and they tend to give precious advice when they deem necessary. Though they do try to avoid trouble and conflict whenever they can.[/i]

user posted imageAnd finally, third place goes to:

Albinosilver's Metallic Dragon

No image available

Metallic dragons are sometimes produced when a gold and a silver dragon breed together (other times it may just be a normal silver or gold egg). They are very rare to come by and are even more stunning then their parents. The young are born with shiny bronze scales, and only shed them and get their gold-silver ones when they mature. Metallic dragons live high up in cliffs where they dig for certain minerals to eat.

Donators, please breed your dragons. Once the eggs the eggs have been bred, the winners may pick their prize from the eggs (in order of place). Any leftover eggs can be kept be the breeder for whatever they see fit.

(To the winners: the trophies are part of your prize. Feel free to put them in your signatures or whatever you like!)

If there are any questions, please feel free to post them.

8D Congrats, you guys! Way to gooooo c:

Currently rocking out my new siggy 8D I love this trophy <3

Congratulations, winners!

I'm sorta egg-locked at the moment, so most of my prize breeding needs to wait a day or so, but I do have this guy if anyone wants him:

3rd gen even Black egg

EDIT: Well, I'm no longer locked and am thus open for breeding requests. The black egg has also hatched, and if no one claims it by the time it genders I'll just keep it.

Edited by Stealthypugs

Sorry about the delay. RL problems.

The deadline for the first category has now passed. Normally, no further entries for this category would be accepted, but I may make an exception if one of the signed up entrants want so submit something last minute. (since there is only one entry)

user posted image

This egg was sitting in a crater

Here is the entrant for the 3rd category:

Floralpikmin99's Meteor Amphiptere

user posted image

Meteor Amphipteres are well known for their bright red bodies and strange behavior. These dragons live in the heart of volcanoes and rarely leave. They get their name from their action of smashing their strong bodies into prey or enemies, leaving their bones shattered. They breed only with other Amphipteres and they mate for life.

If nobody submits by the final deadline, Floralpikmin99 will receive first place by default. Congrats for submitting on time!