aangs-sister

The Hatching Dragon Spriting Contest

Will you participate? If so, how?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

List updated. Good luck!

I'm also going to re-post the new egg for the new page.

Category 3

user posted image

This egg was sitting in a crater

_________

Entry Form

[COLOR=blue]Username:
Category #(s):
[/COLOR]

Submission Form

[COLOR=red]Username:
Category #:
Dragon Name:
Image:
Dragon Description: (optional)
[/COLOR]

Edited by aangs-sister

Username: flitzthesoulreaper

Category #(s):3

I am working on my second entry as well :S The problem is that I have to draw on my trackpad so I'm a little slow!

Username: RainStar13

Category #(s): 2 and 3

I couldn't help myself and decided to enter for the others too. xP

Blessed Be! ~Rain

Edited by RainStar13

List updated. PLEASE CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE 2ND POST IN THE CORRECT CATEGORIES!

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE 2ND POST, YOU MAY NOT SUBMIT ANY WORK.

I have PMed all of the people who haven't submitted their entry/entries to determine a final deadline.

Good luck!

Edited by aangs-sister

It will depend on how fast I get my requests done so I can work on sprites for this. And how fast my requests get done depend on my homework load. >.<

But I'm sure I'll find time to finish my sprites before the deadline, whenever that will be. My schedule is (almost)completely flexible. c:

Blessed Be! ~Rain

Deadline prefferences:For the first the 10th of February, the 15th of February for the second category for the 3rd the 20th of March.

Of course I wouldn't mind more time but this has been going on for quite a long time ^^'

I'm sorry. I have recently entered for the metal dragon contest, but I have tried and tried again to make an outline. I fail at feet and if I make an amphitire, I will just mess it up. Due to the fact that I don't have any lines, I can't move on and will be dropping out. Thank you.

~StarSea

Deadline prefferences:For the first the 10th of February, the 15th of February for the second category for the 3rd the 20th of March.

Of course I wouldn't mind more time but this has been going on for quite a long time ^^'

this.

when I suggested deadlines in my other post, I was going to suggest the same dates for the sprites but wanted to get sign ups first xd.png

with what I said before about deadlines: they're a good thing when you don't wan threads to die.

Username: velvotg

Category #: 1

Dragon Name: Heart dragon

Image:user posted image

Dragon Description: Dont have one at the moment(optional)

The list has been updated! Good luck, and thank you StarSea for informing me.

I think those are reasonable deadlines. Is there anyone else who has any preference?

Username: Floralpikmin99

Category #: 3

Dragon Name: Meteor Amphiptere

Image:user posted image

Dragon Description: Meteor Amphipteres are well known for their bright red bodies and strange behavior. These dragons live in the heart of volcanoes and rarely leave. They get their name from their action of smashing their strong bodies into prey or enemies, leaving their bones shattered. They breed only with other Amphipteres and they mate for life.

[/color]

List Updated! Good luck!

Also, miggyrox789 has PMed me that she is pulling out as well. Since nobody else has stated any preferences since my last post, I'll apply the deadlines based off of flitzthesoulreaper suggestions.

(I'm going to shift them a little)

The deadlines are now:

1st category: Feb 13th

2nd category: Feb 27th

3rd category: March 12th

If you have a problem with any of these deadlines, contact me ASAP.

Edited by aangs-sister

Eeesh... I have my line drawing done but the shading is a mess. I'm not gonna lie, metallic artists have like, HUGE KUDOS in my eyes (like the egg artist!). Not promising mine will be done on time (as I have a midterm on the 12th) but I'm shading as fast as I can!

... if it looks like a non-metallic blob, I'm super sorry!

Edit: Also, I'm having problems with random pixels appearing when I save the image in Mac's version of paint. As in- my lines go from black to having gray shading and its making shading wonky. Any idea how to prevent this? I just swapped from a PC to an iMac... I'd love help! biggrin.gif

Edited by Erinalia

Also, I'm having problems with random pixels appearing when I save the image in Mac's version of paint. As in- my lines go from black to having gray shading and its making shading wonky. Any idea how to prevent this? I just swapped from a PC to an iMac... I'd love help! biggrin.gif

Are you saving them as JPEGs? If so, try saving them as something else, like PNGs.

Oooh! Last day for the first category! Exciting! And I'm almost done with my metallic entry! <3

The deadline for the first category has now passed. No further entries for this category will be accepted.

The judging stage has now begun! The winners will be announced on Monday, Feb 20th to give donators time to prepare prizes.

Here are the entrants for the 1st category:

user posted image

This silvery egg is covered in tear shaped gems

RainStar13's Sapphire Tear Gem Amphithere

user posted image

(No Dragon Description)

Infinis's Cobalt Soulbreaker

user posted image

Cobalt Soulbreakers are named not only for their magnificent cobalt scales but for their heartwrenching cries described as "soulbreaking." In reality, these cries are used for echolocation because their eyesight is poor; this is how they hunt. Their eerie cries have led them to be mostly ostracized by other dragons, and so it is rare for them to be found living with dragons not their own kind.

Grishiu's Blue Omen Dragon

user posted image

Adorned with a blue tear shaped crystal on their heads, Blue Omen dragons take their name from the unfortunate predictions they give. Assisted with their glowing sphere, many of these predictions bear grief and sorrow. Due to their unpopularity, these infamous dragons are often secluded within caves and only come out to hunt. However, their specialty frequently alerts them of coming battles and dangers, which is why the species flourishes.

flitzthesoulreaper's Weeping Gemling

user posted image

Weeping Gemlings, despite their melancholic names are quite a cheery and playful species. They were called this way by the native races because of the tear-shaped gem on their foreheads and their unusual high-pitched cry. They live high up in the mountains and are mainly herbivores. They also consume soil when they run low on minerals, needed to maintain the gems on their body and their steel-hard skin texture which protects them from the alpine cold. The gems on their back and wings start forming while the dragon is still in its egg and multiply as it grows.

Dragonhatchling's Zirconil Dragon

user posted image

Zirconil dragons are an unusual breed who have lived undetected for many years. Their seclusion has allowed their gem-like appearance to flourish to its full extent. The scales adorned on their bellies, horns, spikes and claws glow intensely in any type of light which is used as an advantage for mating and display of their feelings. They have the ability to control how much glow their scales give off and when that glow should start or stop. These scales do have a limited glow-life and once fulfilled, are shed to be replaced by a new scale in a matter of weeks. Due to their stunning appearance and some rarity, the gem-like scales that come from these dragons can be sold at a reasonably high price and are often kept as gifts.

velvotg's Heart dragon

user posted image

(No Dragon Description)

Good luck to you all!

If you did not write a description or are would like to change/update your description, just leave a post saying so!

Edited by aangs-sister

Wow! This contest is coming along so well, the sprites are stunning!

Also, should I go ahead and breed the eggs for gifts, or wait? And how many eggs do you want as prizes? Sorry about the questions, just gotta know for breeding schedules, getting locked, etc.

EDIT: Read the first page, wish I could judge though...

Edited by NivaTheDragonQueen

Username: flitzthesoulreaper

Category #: 2

Dragon Name: Trimetal Emperor

Image: user posted image

Dragon Description: Proud, loyal and wise, Trimetal Emperors were often held captive by royalty. Their bronze scales, silver antlers, golden plates and brilliant minds always attracted attention in the past, which unfortunately, is also the reason why such a small number of them is left today. Very little is known about them since it's almost impossible to find them in the wild, but it has been mentioned before that they never stop growing. Seeing one is said to bring prosperity and good luck. A Trimetal Emperor will never abandon their companion and they tend to give precious advice when they deem necessary. Though they do try to avoid trouble and conflict whenever they can.

There are so many things wrong with this but my poor, poor fingers can take no more >.< Spriting on a trackpad that needs a lot of pressure is NOT pleasant. Those scales literally made me crazy. I'm going to get myself some tea and read for the rest of the day.. :c

By the way there is a mistake in my previous description. It should be "its" egg and not "it's" egg.

Can't wait for the results! <3

Edited by flitzthesoulreaper

List and description updated. Good luck!

Sorry about the late reply, NivaTheDragonQueen. I usually get Email notification when people post in this thread, but I didn't get one for yours.

As for the prizes, breed your dragons when the winners are announced tomorrow. Then the top 3 contestants can pick from the bred eggs.

The winners will be posted tomorrow, so keep a look out for them! (yes, I will double post at that time xd.png) Here they are again for the new page:

RainStar13's Sapphire Tear Gem Amphithere

user posted image

(No Dragon Description)

Infinis's Cobalt Soulbreaker

user posted image

Cobalt Soulbreakers are named not only for their magnificent cobalt scales but for their heartwrenching cries described as "soulbreaking." In reality, these cries are used for echolocation because their eyesight is poor; this is how they hunt. Their eerie cries have led them to be mostly ostracized by other dragons, and so it is rare for them to be found living with dragons not their own kind.

Grishiu's Blue Omen Dragon

user posted image

Adorned with a blue tear shaped crystal on their heads, Blue Omen dragons take their name from the unfortunate predictions they give. Assisted with their glowing sphere, many of these predictions bear grief and sorrow. Due to their unpopularity, these infamous dragons are often secluded within caves and only come out to hunt. However, their specialty frequently alerts them of coming battles and dangers, which is why the species flourishes.

flitzthesoulreaper's Weeping Gemling

user posted image

Weeping Gemlings, despite their melancholic names are quite a cheery and playful species. They were called this way by the native races because of the tear-shaped gem on their foreheads and their unusual high-pitched cry. They live high up in the mountains and are mainly herbivores. They also consume soil when they run low on minerals, needed to maintain the gems on their body and their steel-hard skin texture which protects them from the alpine cold. The gems on their back and wings start forming while the dragon is still in its egg and multiply as it grows.

Dragonhatchling's Zirconil Dragon

user posted image

Zirconil dragons are an unusual breed who have lived undetected for many years. Their seclusion has allowed their gem-like appearance to flourish to its full extent. The scales adorned on their bellies, horns, spikes and claws glow intensely in any type of light which is used as an advantage for mating and display of their feelings. They have the ability to control how much glow their scales give off and when that glow should start or stop. These scales do have a limited glow-life and once fulfilled, are shed to be replaced by a new scale in a matter of weeks. Due to their stunning appearance and some rarity, the gem-like scales that come from these dragons can be sold at a reasonably high price and are often kept as gifts.

velvotg's Heart dragon

user posted image

(No Dragon Description)

Good luck to you all!

If you did not write a description or are would like to change/update your description, just leave a post saying so!

Wait, so will there be a vote or are you deciding the winners?

Well, me and another user (who asked to remain anonymous) are planning on doing the judging.

Would you guys rather have a vote? My only concerns is getting enough votes for a clear winner in time for the next round of judging. (I don't want to stall the contest too much farther)

Edited by aangs-sister