aangs-sister

The Hatching Dragon Spriting Contest

Will you participate? If so, how?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Did something real quick because I won't have time later...

Username: albinosilver

Category #: 2

Dragon Name: Metallic Dragon

Image: Male-user posted image

Dragon Description: Metallic dragons are sometimes produced when a gold and a silver dragon breed together (other times it may just be a normal silver or gold egg). They are very rare to come by and are even more stunning then their parents. The young are born with shiny bronze scales, and only shed them and get their gold-silver ones when they mature. Metallic dragons live high up in cliffs where they dig for certain minerals to eat.

The description is more explaining about them and less an actual description.

Just thought I'd point out that I have yet to see my form (the one on the top of the page) to be put up wink.gif

List updated.

albinosilver, keep in mind if you chose to make a dragon request of you entry after the contest, you will need to get permission from both the gold and silver artists. Your not going to be disqualified or anything, it is just a reminder. smile.gif

Sorry about that Dragonhatchling. Your entry was up there, but I think it may have been deleted when I was adding new entrants.

If you name goes off the list at any time, please contact me ASAP

well... I finished my first ever sprite... I'm satisfied that I actually pushed myself through this to finish it... just note, I can't shade for my life...

Username: Dragonhatchling

Category #: 1 (one)

Dragon Name: Zirconil

Image: user posted image

Dragon Description: Zirconil dragons are an unusual breed who have lived undetected for many years. Their seclusion has allowed their gem-like appearance to flourish to its full extent. The scales adorned on their bellies, horns, spikes and claws glow intensely in any type of light which is used as an advantage for mating and display of their feelings. They have the ability to control how much glow their scales give off and when that glow should start or stop. These scales do have a limited glow-life and once fulfilled, are shed to be replaced by a new scale in a matter of weeks. Due to their stunning appearance and some rarity, the gem-like scales that come from these dragons can be sold at a reasonably high price and are often kept as gifts.

Username: Infinis

Category #: 2

Dragon Name: Darkwing

Dragon Description: Despite their beautiful silver scales and golden bellies, a Darkwing's most striking feature is its deep brownish-copper wings. Darkwings are actually hatched with wings of bright copper, but as they grow and age the wings become rapidly darker. Male Darkwings are larger but have a smaller wingspan than the females; the females use their large wings to batter and scare enemies who may be out to harm their young. Darkwings are very good parents - a mother will sacrifice herself for the young if necessary.

o3o

This is turning out to go a lot faster than I would have expected... which is pretty cool to see all the entries as they come along and I gotta say, I can't wait to see every single one of them smile.gif

This is taking me a while... Sorry. sad.gif I just can't get the darn feet and wings right! dry.gif

That was faster that I thought it would be! List updated. smile.gif

Were you updating Infinis' finished entry for that update? Because it hasn't been posted on the list on the first page ^-^'

I'll get my sprite done soon, I just need to finish some other stuff first. Just letting you know. If it takes too long however just PM me. wink.gif

Blessed Be! ~Rain

I'm sorry... I don't think I'm ever going to get my sprite done...

So, you wish to pull out of the contest?

I'll get my sprite done soon, I just need to finish some other stuff first. Just letting you know. If it takes too long however just PM me.

No problem smile.gif

Username: RainStar13

Category #: 1

Dragon Name: Sapphire Tear Gem Amphithere

Dragon Description: (optional) I don't feel like writing a description atm. xd.png

oh, I only just saw this. Can I join?

Username: velvotg

Category #(s):1

Yes, you still can.

List updated, good luck!

Uhh.... doesn't anyone think a deadline in some future time might help things along a bit? Waiting forever does make threads like these die more often than not.

And no... I'm not trying to rush anyone or be mean, I'm just trying to keep this thing alive smile.gif

Uhh.... doesn't anyone think a deadline in some future time might help things along a bit? Waiting forever does make threads like these die more often than not.

And no... I'm not trying to rush anyone or be mean, I'm just trying to keep this thing alive smile.gif

I agree that things should be moving along a little quicker. This contest has been open over a month now, yes? I don't mind waiting, but if this remains dormant I might forget about it ^-^' Maybe there should be something like a speed round or something? I know sometimes get bursts of creativity and can finish quite quickly X3

I don't think I'll have the time to finish up the carpy sprite I made, though I'll still give it a shot. Don't wait for me if everyone else is ready for judging :3

After people start submitting their finished sprites, a deadline will be set. If you feel you need more time, please ask. This is a spriting contest, not a speed contest.

This quote is in the original post. It specifically says there will be a deadline... so why not make one? It doesn't have to be in the next two days... or a week from now but it should be soon and certainly not a month. We've got more than a few entries to start with.

Sorry to keep you all waiting. ~!~ was planning to submit the egg for the last category, but I haven't herd back from her, so will will continue without her with a different egg.

This will be the last category!

It seems that many people are eagerly awaiting a deadline, so one will now be set.

YOU MUST SIGN UP BEFORE MONDAY, JANUARY 23RD.

After that, I will PM unsubmitted entrants and inquire about their progress to determine an appropriate final deadline.

The only exception is if the newest category, category 3, has less then 3 entrants before the 23rd. The the deadline will be extended for that category only, in that event.

This deadline is for entry signup, not for final sprite. In other words, you need to have posted the BLUE form, called the 'Entry Form'. This is just so I know that you are entering and what categories you are entering in.

Category 3

user posted image

This egg was sitting in a crater

Entrants/Entries for this category:

None yet, SO ENTER NOW!

_________

Entry Form

[COLOR=blue]Username:
Category #(s):
[/COLOR]

Submission Form

[COLOR=red]Username:
Category #:
Dragon Name:
Image:
Dragon Description: (optional)
[/COLOR]

Fluttershy16, if you are going to enter, please fill out the Entry Form above. smile.gif

Edited by aangs-sister