aangs-sister

The Hatching Dragon Spriting Contest

Will you participate? If so, how?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Username: Grishiu

Category #: 1

Dragon Name: Blue Omen Dragon

Image: user posted image

Dragon Description: Adorned with a blue tear shaped crystal on their heads, Blue Omen dragons take their name from the unfortunate predictions they give. Assisted with their glowing sphere, many of these predictions bear grief and sorrow. Due to their unpopularity, these infamous dragons are often secluded within caves and only come out to hunt. However, their specialty frequently alerts them of coming battles and dangers, which is why the species flourishes.

(The name and description isn't set in stone, so changes may occur c: )

This is my finished product ^-^ Original sketch can be found here for anybody who wants to see c:

Username: Infinis

Category #: 1

Dragon Name: Cobalt Soulbreaker

Image: user posted image

Dragon Description: Cobalt Soulbreakers are named not only for their magnificent cobalt scales but for their heartwrenching cries described as "soulbreaking." In reality, these cries are used for echolocation because their eyesight is poor; this is how they hunt. Their eerie cries have led them to be mostly ostracized by other dragons, and so it is rare for them to be found living with dragons not their own kind.

I want to donate!

Username: Darketernity

Scroll name: Darketernity (yes, it's currently partly hidden Dx)

Breed(s) I want to donate:

[tinsels]

I can breed siblings of these dragons with these exact lineages (Only posting ones with short lineages. I can breed all the colours, but these are the nice ones I can breed): http://dragcave.net/lineage/SMU1X and http://dragcave.net/lineage/TWDeM

I can also breed blacks and stripes since they are breeding quite well at the moment.

Wowie! Awesome entries! ohmy.gif

By the way can someone help me make my background transparent? D: It looks so ugly this way!

Grishiu and Infinis's entries have been added. Good luck, and nice work smile.gif.

DarkEternity has been added to the Donations list.

flitzthesoulreaper's sprite is now on a transparent background. The host is temporary, so you will need to save it.

Also...

Second egg sprite is up!

Category 2

user posted image

This egg is randomly striped with three types of metal

Entry Form

[COLOR=blue]Username:
Category #(s):
[/COLOR]

Submission Form

[COLOR=red]Username:
Category #:
Dragon Name:
Image:
Dragon Description: (optional)
[/COLOR]

You can find this egg sprite and the category 1 sprite under the rules in the second post.

Edited by aangs-sister

Yay! Thank you so much! It looks quite better now!

Username: flitzthesoulreaper

Category #(s): 2

Brilliant idea with the egg! The concept could make a fantastic rare dragon for the cave!

List updated. Thank you!

Personally, I would really like to see more metallics in the cave. There are some really great ones on the completed list, so there is hope.

Edited by aangs-sister

Quick question: When does the contest end? I couldn't find that very clearly in the OP. I'd like to enter, but I don't want to commit if the contest ends, say...tomorrow. o_o

I'm a bit confused... We sprite dragons? The eggs are made by you? I can enter one dragon per egg? Did I get it all right? (sorry, I didn't mean to make that another question to answer... just the first three please. Thank you!) I would like to enter an egg, but I also have an idea for both of the current eggs so I wanted to make sure I can have a dragon for each so I don't get disqualified. Anywho, here is one form:

Username: StarSea

Category #(s): #2 the metal one.

Thank you! Oh, and when does the drawings end? I want to make sure I have enough time for all I want to do. Thanks!

quick question: is entering for category one still allowed? ...if it is then I'd like to enter... if not, I may enter #2 but first I'd have to thrum up some idea for it.

Username: Dragonhatchling

Category #(s): 1

The list has been updated. Good luck!

@ sakana

Currently, there is no deadline and we are not ending any time soon. We want you to have as much time as you need to make the best sprite possible. However, if you take a very long time, I may PM you to make sure you are still entering.

@ StarSea

1) You sprite adult dragon only.

2) Both of the current eggs were made by me. However, people can donate egg sprites for future categories. Currently, we have someone other then me making the sprite for category 3.

3) You can enter once per category. If you submit an egg sprite, you can't enter in it's category but you can still enter all others. For example, if you made a sprite for category 4, you can still enter in 1-3, but not in 4.

4) Currently there are no deadlines or draw dates. They will be (loosely) set once the large majority of people have sumitted their entires.

@ Dragonhatchling

Category one is still open. If a category closes, I'll put thet is it closed in red bold letters. smile.gif

Alrighty, then my form for me entering category one is above that post smile.gif

I might have the dragon up tonight some time too... that is... if my computer works correctly today.

Ok. Thank you! Just wanted to be sure that I got everything correct... I'll have my metal one up soon. biggrin.gif

Username: Erinalia

Category #(s): 2 (striped egg)

If there's a "done date" I'd really appreciate a head's up... school + holidays + going from a PC to a Mac means I need to get working early!

... and figure out how to use my scanner again. But I will make this happen! biggrin.gif

anyone know some good spriting software for Macbook pro? I would love to sprite, but never done it before.

Sounds really fun and Im always sketching dragons biggrin.gif

I mainly use GIMP for spriting now instead of the Photoshop Elements I have... it's more simplified but you can get the pixels down 'smaller' in a way and my stuff usually turns out a lot better on gimp than on elements.

I own a mac btw wink.gif

You also could try Paintbrush too which is a clone of MS Paint... and MS paint is supposed to be real good for spriting...

I use paintbrush now on my macbook- pretty much the same as MS paint. Never got into gimp, but people swear by it smile.gif

List updated. Good luck!

@ Erinalia

Don't Worry, when a due date is put up, everyone who has signed up and not submitted their entry will be PMed. I will also PM everyone when the winners announcement date is posted.

Unfortunately, I haven't any creative ideas for the second category, so I'll stay out of it D: Maybe if a third comes out I'll try for it c: Can't wait to see the other sprites! biggrin.gif

I've got an idea for the second category but can't sprite! Does anyone want an idea to get their creative juices flowing?

I've got an idea for the second category but can't sprite! Does anyone want an idea to get their creative juices flowing?

I'd say yes but I have been so creative lately I'll leave it for the rest xd.png