aangs-sister

The Hatching Dragon Spriting Contest

Will you participate? If so, how?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes you can, you just can win back stuff that you donate. I'll fill out a form and put you up on the third post!

Edited by aangs-sister

Thank you! <3 I'm getting so excited about this! (Haven't been this fired up since the last winter contest DrA held a year ago! biggrin.gif)

Glad to see your enthusiasm

First egg sprite is up!

Category 1

user posted image

This silvery egg is covered in tear shaped gems

Entry Form

[COLOR=blue]Username:
Category #(s):
[/COLOR]

Submission Form

[COLOR=red]Username:
Category #:
Dragon Name:
Image:
Dragon Description: (optional)
[/COLOR]

You can also find the egg sprite and egg sprites to come under the rules in the second post.

Hm I'll wait to see some of the others before I pick one up :3

(Duoooh looks pretty nice though! )

I want to donate!

Username: Stealthypugs

Scroll name: stealthy

Breed(s) I want to donate: I can breed all three tinsel colors, although they don't have the best lineages, trios, and some nice lineaged stuff (i.e. second gen stripes).

Edited by Stealthypugs

Hm I'll wait to see some of the others before I pick one up :3

(Duoooh looks pretty nice though! )

That's fine. Whenever the # of people planning on entering (according to the poll) is a multiple of 7, I'll post another egg. Keep in mind that it could be a while.

Stealthypugs, I put you up on the donation list. smile.gif

Now all we need are some entrants.

Definitely entering. If I read correctly, we can make 1 adult sprite for each egg category, right? I'll probably do more than one category if that's correct. :3

Blessed Be! ~Rain

That's right. Right now there is only one category, but as people become interested, more will come.

Just remeber to fill out an entry form before you start spriting. smile.gif

Username: Infinis

Category #(s): 1

If there end up being more I might enter for other categories. ^^

This sounds really awesome and it'll definitely boost my spriting skills, but before I enter, I want to know: Are props allowed in the dragon sprites? Certain dragons on DC and stuff have them, but I don't want to take a chance and get started only to find out I'm DQ'ed for having a prop in it X3

@ aangs-sister

Can you PM me when we have winners? Just so I'll know what and when to breed :3

By the way, the egg looks beautiful, I can't wait to see what people will do with it :3

Username: miggyrox789

Category #(s): 1, I may enter more as they open up.

This looks like a ton of fun ( wink.gif ), I look forward to spriting for something in particular and not just randomly all over the place |D

This sounds really awesome and it'll definitely boost my spriting skills, but before I enter, I want to know: Are props allowed in the dragon sprites? Certain dragons on DC and stuff have them, but I don't want to take a chance and get started only to find out I'm DQ'ed for having a prop in it X3

Props are fine, as long as they fit the DC standards.

@ aangs-sister

Can you PM me when we have winners? Just so I'll know what and when to breed :3

By the way, the egg looks beautiful, I can't wait to see what people will do with it :3

No problem. I'll PM everyone on the donations list when the time comes.

And Xbcdrt8741 and miggyrox789 have both been added to the category 1 entrants list. Good luck!

Edited by aangs-sister

Super! This is going to be so much fun! biggrin.gif

Username: Grishiu

EDIT: Oh I forgot to ask, is there a set date that we have to have our sprites done? And this is only the adult we're creating, correct?

Edited by grishiu

Entrant list updated.

There is no set date yet. After people start submitting their finished sprites, a loose deadline will be set. If you feel you need more time, please ask, quality is more important then speed.

And yes, only do the adult smile.gif

Edited by aangs-sister

Username: flitzthesoulreaper

Meh. Entering after all. I'll just enter on on some other category some other time! (Is that allowed?)

List updated

You can enter in as many of the categories as you like. You could enter in all of them if you wanted. (when more open up, that is.)

Was sick and didn't go to school today so here is mine~ (Meh it's tail and frikkin' head look so weird >:c Curse you non-existand spriting skills.) And eeeeeh... so many mistakes on the stupid gems ;w;

Username: flitzthesoulreaper

Category #: 1

Dragon Name: Weeping Gemlings

Image: user posted image

Dragon Description: (Do or die) Weeping Gemlings, despite their melancholic names are quite a cheery and playful species. They were called this way by the native races because of the tear-shaped gem on their foreheads and their unusual high-pitched cry. They live high up in the mountains and are mainly herbivores. They also consume soil when they run low on minerals, needed to maintain the gems on their body and their steel-hard skin texture which protects them from the alpine cold. The gems on their back and wings start forming while the dragon is still in it's egg and multiply as it grows.

Weeeh~ Thank you. Can't wait to see what the other peeps will come up with.

I want to donate!

Username: Dragonhatchling

Scroll name: Dragonhatchling

Breed(s) I want to donate: Everything that is on my scroll I can breed and usually catch. Examples would be Tinsels, Golds, Silvers, Alts (of any kind) all commons and uncommons, Trios, including the cheese even though it is not on my scroll. I catch and give to people and have yet to keep one myself rolleyes.gif . all except Holly which I have yet to get myself.

I may just decide to enter too if I can rummage up some skills... I can't shade for my life or really sprite for that matter but we'll see...