Arcticfox

ANSWERED:List Number of Adult Dragons

Something I'd really like to see, and should be pretty easy to implement, is if you could hover your mouse over the bronze/silver/gold badge on your scroll to see the number of adult + frozen dragons you have on your scroll.

Currently, the only way I know of to check your dragon number from within the site is to go to custom sort or legacy sort and scroll to the bottom. That's not bad, but it does count all your growing dragons as well. It's not a terrible hassle or anything to do a bit of math to see how far you are till the next level, but it'd make life a lot easier if that number were more readily available.

Another option would be to put the number in the egg limits page, perhaps in the section that says "Your Status" under your trophy it would say "x Adult/frozen hatchlings".

While I do like the hover text idea on the trophy better, I'm not sure how to deal with scrolls that have less than 50 dragons, so no trophy. Perhaps it could show up in both places and those without trophies could go to the egg limit page instead.

And one last question is would you like other people going to your scroll to be able to see the exact number of adults/frozens you have by hovering over the trophy on your scroll? I personally wouldn't mind. If I didn't hide my scroll, then anyone can go in and count, really, if they wanted to waste that time. But if anyone cares, then perhaps this can only work on your own scroll?

Thoughts?

Support! I'd rather have the pop-up text read, "250-LOCKED" or "250," with the number being your dragons, and the 'locked' being there if you're locked.

Always disliked that the egg limits were hidden.

I'd much rather something like this, unless this text showed up in addition to the explanation of what the trophy is for. o3o

Not sure about the OP, but I meant like this:

user posted image

Consider the text in white the 'pop-up.'

Not sure about the OP, but I meant like this:

user posted image

Consider the text in white the 'pop-up.'

I understood that. I'm saying that if the trophy text would not still include the 'Gold Trophy - Over 500 Dragons' bit or whatever, then I don't wan this. ^^

Yes, the pop up text is what I meant. It currently says "Silver Trophy - Over 200 Dragons" for me. What I would like it to say is "Silver Trophy - 378 Dragons" or whatever number you have.

I don't really like the idea of a locked or not message in there because I don't think it has too much to do with the trophy. While I would like a warning somewhere before I breed, this doesn't feel like the right place for it.

Edit for Sock:

I see your point about leaving a description for what the trophy is, what about something like

"Silver Trophy - Over 200 Dragons (234 Dragons)"

Hmm... I'm not sure what word to put before or after the actual number of dragons you have that would make it clear what that number represented... It can't be "xxx adults" because it counts frozen hatchies, too. And I wouldn't want it to get too long or complicated.

Edited by Arcticfox

The problem I have with changing that is it will no longer be a text to let you know what the trophy is for. 3=

I was just thinking about this the other day. I definitely support! I hope something like this can be implemented. smile.gif

SUPPORT!!!

the only way i know how many dragons i have is if i go to a scroll banner place and make it count for me dry.gif It shows you all your totals that way smile.gif

i would like it to be on both pages, since you usually have to check what your limits are on the egg limit page.

I would also like to be able to see some stats on my dragons on the site, like the ones we can get from some fansites. I think the logical place would be the limits page, which could become the stats&limits page.

Mouseover on the trophy would be convenient, but has the problem of removing the explanation what the trophy is for, and I also don't know if they can be dynamic.

I like the suggestion, but not the popup idea. Given a choice, I'd like a link to a stats page on my Account page, where all the other links go.

The info is about 'my account' or 'my dragons' if you want to get technical, so there should be a way to get statistics about the info. What I'd like to see is a list of dragons divided by breed, quantity, gender and maturity...

Species - Adult Males - Adult Females - Adult Ungendered - Frozen Males - Frozen Females - Frozen Ungendered

Albino............ 1 ................... 1 ..................... 0 ......................... 0 .................. 0 .................................. 0

.. something like that only properly formatted. With Totals at the bottom of the list and a overall summation.

534 dragons

250 males

250 females

34 hatchlings

So basically, I want more info available than any popup could contain. biggrin.gif

I like the suggestion, but not the popup idea. Given a choice, I'd like a link to a stats page on my Account page, where all the other links go.

The info is about 'my account' or 'my dragons' if you want to get technical, so there should be a way to get statistics about the info. What I'd like to see is a list of dragons divided by breed, quantity, gender and maturity...

Species - Adult Males - Adult Females - Adult Ungendered - Frozen Males - Frozen Females - Frozen Ungendered

Albino............ 1 ................... 1 ..................... 0 ......................... 0 .................. 0 .................................. 0

.. something like that only properly formatted. With Totals at the bottom of the list and a overall summation.

534 dragons

250 males

250 females

34 hatchlings

So basically, I want more info available than any popup could contain. biggrin.gif

Ooooh, this would be rather neat. Perhaps the badge could actually link to the stats page? And for those that don't have a badge, the link would also be in Account, anyway. o3o

Ooooh, this would be rather neat. Perhaps the badge could actually link to the stats page? And for those that don't have a badge, the link would also be in Account, anyway. o3o

Yes please! A stats page would be amazing. biggrin.gif

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before (I couldn't find it, but I didn't know what it might have been titled).

The Egg Limits page has a nice little chart of how many dragons are required for each trophy level, and how many eggs and hatchlings you can have at each level. Underneath that, it has a convenient chart that shows your trophy level and how may eggs/hatchlings you have compared to how many you can get.

What would be nice is if it could also show your total number of dragons, perhaps only counting grown adults and frozen hatchlings in that total. It just needs that segment of the table to be added in, and it will look just like the trophy chart above it.

Currently, the only way to find your total number of dragons (staying on the site) is to go into the Legacy Custom Sort option, which doesn't give an accurate number (since hatchlings and some eggs get numbered as well). I know that you can get a count of your dragons in a banner like the one in my signature, but I'd like to be able to check the number of dragons I have without leaving the site.

This seems like it would be fairly easy to implement (the cave can already count how many dragons, hatchlings, and eggs you have), and I can't see how it might negatively impact the way anyone plays. Is this a possibility?

I had no idea that page even existed (so thank you!), but how would I have found that if I didn't use the forums? The answer to this might lie on the site somewhere that I didn't discover; it's entirely possible I managed to derp and overlook it somewhere, even somewhere obvious. But if I did, then how many other people will do that, as well?

I do appreciate that site, but I'd still like to be able to see my total number of dragons on the Egg Limit page (or at least somewhere without leaving the site). However, having a link to that page included on the Egg Limits page, or somewhere else more obvious, would also be great.

I don't even remember where/when/how it came to my notice, but when it did, I bookmarked it so I always have it available. I agree it would be nice if it was included in the links on the Site Help page.

It took me ages to discover that site. Of course, some fan sites have scroll checking tools, too. But I think it would be helpful to have a link to TJ's site somewhere on DC itself.

Edited by TheGrox

Currently, the only way to find your total number of dragons (staying on the site) is to go into the Legacy Custom Sort option, which doesn't give an accurate number (since hatchlings and some eggs get numbered as well).

The 'default' custom sort should give you an accurate number. o3o

This is something users have wanted for a while. I'm a fan of this suggestion which lists more stats than just total number of dragons that could be wanted. I like your idea of having that on the egg limits page. o3o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I always use Alternate Custom Sort. I'd completely forgotten that numbers show up in the standard one! That is very useful to know, although you do still have to subtract eggs and growing hatchlings (still, it's more accurate than the Legacy sort).

I like that idea too, and having it all together on the Egg Limit page would make it easy to find. I'm mostly concerned with total number of dragons, but I know a lot of people like having all those statistics, and having them in one place would be really nice. And a link to DCRecords on the same page.

Perhaps TJ didn't feel that was needed, since we have this page:

http://dcrecords.tj09.net/

Personally I feel that page is pretty useless, since only a handful of forum members actual knows it exists. Any user not on the forums would never know about it.

I'd love to see more stats, especially total dragons.

Having the total adult / frozen dragons on the trophies page might also cut down on the number of, "I have 200 dragons but my trophy hasn't shown up!" posts, too. I like this. I can get all of These stats from AoND already, but having them in the cave would be nice too.

Cheers!

C4.

Just adding that I really like this idea too. I've resorted to counting out how many dragons are on that last page a time or two because I couldn't find an easier way to find the number.

I love that the number of eggs are listed on the medal page (especially because I bite eggs and it's nice to know when they don't count anymore) -- being able to see adult stats from there too would be wonderful!