SerinaNight

Extended Lineages

What do you think about Extended Lineages?  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just bumping the thread, because it's been a bit abandoned. rolleyes.gif

---

It appears that the some kind of symbol to signify when a dragon's lineage goes off page is currently preferred, though the idea of pages and all of the above (numbered display, symbol and pages) are close, and almost tied for second place!

Agreed. Can we haz ?

Missed this suggestion somehow. I definitely support an extended lineage view.

I'm mostly interested in just knowing that the lineage does extend past the first page. A bright red box around any dragon whose lineage extends beyond would be exactly what I want.

Full Support whatever version(s) this idea ends on taking. Even though I mostly deal in 8th Gen or Less Even Gens (sometimes stairsteps) now, I love this idea. I may have kept some of my messier lineages if this had been an option, and would totally be begging for eggs from some of those 20 - 50 or more Gen Dragons floating around if I could enjoy the view.

This idea really can't get better. All we can do now is hope that TJ will include it in the game.

I'm mostly interested in just knowing that the lineage does extend past the first page. A bright red box around any dragon whose lineage extends beyond would be exactly what I want.

I'd rather have a clickable arrow.... to move onto the next bit with. (Or a scrolling lineage page, but for some reason this idea gives Socky conniption fits, so as I LIKE her I am not asking for it xd.png)

Edited by fuzzbucket

Fully support!

I have a lineage of perfectly inbred pygmies that go up to 16th even gen so far, and I'd love for others to be able to see that eggs are a higher gen at a glance.

Quite a few of my first dragons also are quite high gen, and none are even, quite a few even being inbred at a generation I cant see.

This. I'd have no problems, but I when I try to view staircases, I get annoyed because I have to click the last ancestor to get the rest of the lineage. (12th gen+)

I strongly support any decision to extend how much of a lineage we can see.

When I first joined, I liked to jot down how many generations each of my dragons were. Then my computer crashed and I lost all that information. I tried to check it all again, but at the time I had over 200 dragons and it was taking too long to go through every dragon on the end of the line when I had the full number of generations to see if those parents had parents of their own. Now that I have over 800 dragons there's no way in heck I'd do that again! Though if we had something like this I might give it a shot again when I have... oh, we'll say a week of free time with nothing to do! tongue.gif

I strongly support any decision to extend how much of a lineage we can see.

When I first joined, I liked to jot down how many generations each of my dragons were. Then my computer crashed and I lost all that information. I tried to check it all again, but at the time I had over 200 dragons and it was taking too long to go through every dragon on the end of the line when I had the full number of generations to see if those parents had parents of their own. Now that I have over 800 dragons there's no way in heck I'd do that again! Though if we had something like this I might give it a shot again when I have... oh, we'll say a week of free time with nothing to do! tongue.gif

Lots of my dragons have CRAZY huge lineages, since I tend to raid the AP for them. Clicking all bazillion can really get tiring. I don't even have as many dragons as you do!

Thanks for the input! We appreciate the support!

Would be truly useful for something ridiculous I have like this.

So yes, I support any sort of extended lineage view.

Oh yes i support this you know in my crazy head there is at the moment a very very thin voice with a lunatic idea for a lineage project and you know what i will definitively write something like this in the rules:

Very messy long lineages?

Of course i like to be surprised when i cruise through long lineages.

But before i reveal this idea i have other things on my mind.

thumbs_up.png I vote for pages like our scrolls. But everything that let us know there are more known dragons in the lineage of this dragon do you want to see it? And if we want to see it we are able to do so.

Just my two cents:

From caveborn dragon all of us that we are profient in hand-rearing of dragons we just don't know the ancestors of the egg/hatchling.

From all the non-caveborn dragons out there exist a used or loooong forgotten magical scroll on which a human has written down the ancestor of this specific dragon with the magic known to all of us who are able to raise a dragon.

Whew i talk to much today.