sheffie

The Congrats Thread, V5

I caught my first CB gold. c: <3

This past week I've also caught my first CB green copper, CB brown copper, and CB blusang! biggrin.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/dOjtG

VICTORY. MY PATIENCE PREVAILS.

After 1.5 years of cursing and intense pair rearranging, I finally managed a mate for her.

Wow, that's pretty!

Congrats, and I hope you make many pretty babies with the pairing!

Over about the past week or so, I've: caught a CB Gold - which I'd seriously thought I'd never do again, lol - on my fouled-up, spastic dying puter just before it utterly died; on the replacement puter snagged, to my lasting astonishment, a CB Copper, just when I particularly wanted a special gift for someone who'd gone to GREAT trouble to gift me; and a CB Silver, for which miracle I almost required emergency medical aid, having had so many virtual heart attacks of late, lol.

I LIKE this!

Cheered me right up!

Several crazy things have happened this week and last in the cave, plus a couple before that:

* My first Neglected! The little beauty was a Silver Tinsel prior to it going ND, and the lovely fellow waited until I got home to grow his wings so I could freeze him.

* My first two Shimmers! These two (A gold and silver, the ones I really wanted) got very special names as well, because they hold special meanings as they represent the dragon forms of two of my original characters.

And a few others, but with the cave down again, I can't check them.

Caught a CB Green Lindwurm earlier today, pretty happy about that. I already have one of each color so I wasn't looking to keep it but I was able to arrange a trade for an egg off my wishlist.

I also was able to get a shimmer egg from my Shimmerscale on the first try! It's 11th gen so maybe not too big a thing to be excited about but the Shimmer I bred from had a very nice staircase and I was able to keep that consistent. :3

Edited by Leicis

http://dragcave.net/lineage/dOjtG

VICTORY. MY PATIENCE PREVAILS.

After 1.5 years of cursing and intense pair rearranging, I finally managed a mate for her.

SPARKEH. *snuggles*

I tried imagining myself working on such a lineage for that long, without giving up.

... I can't. ಠ_ಠ

Congrats. :P

Caught a CB Green Lindwurm earlier today, pretty happy about that. I already have one of each color so I wasn't looking to keep it but I was able to arrange a trade for an egg off my wishlist.

I also was able to get a shimmer egg from my Shimmerscale on the first try! It's 11th gen so maybe not too big a thing to be excited about but the Shimmer I bred from had a very nice staircase and I was able to keep that consistent. :3

I get excited over long lineages! the longer the better smile.gif

After all, a long, successful lineage is the basis for all of our family trees! Ask anyone with an ancestor who fought in the Revolutionary War, for instance smile.gif

Congrats!

I am hyped because it was a pretty good week, after all, in the caves:

a friend caught a silver

another friend caught a gold

I caught a green opal

I bred a PB 2nd gen gold and was able to trade for a bloodswap

Same person gifted me a 3rd gen PB gold blink.gif

someone offered a 3rd gen of my currently favorite and hard-to-accomplish lineage (it's a green copper/silver)

and ta-daaaa! due to the downtime last night in the cave, when it came back up I was able to recover a lost silver/thunder for a friend

So all in all, it was a pretty good week...all I have to do is figure out how to nab that gold from my friend, it may involve baking laugh.gif

EDIT: almost forgot the best part - the friend who caught the gold caught a copper (yes, a real live actual copper) in Volcano, and the hubby was missing a male brown copper to have a pair, and she gave it to him. It has gendered male so he's pretty happy about that.

Edited by daba555

One of my Nebula hatchlings gendered male and Purple. I'm very pleased with this. Most of my Nebula dragons turn Red or Green, whilst Purple is the sprite I'm most fond of.

I don't really care much for the mother's lineage, but the father's lineage. *O* Omgoodness. I'm so happy there are people out there doing even-gen shimmer lineages~

I don't really care much for the mother's lineage, but the father's lineage. *O* Omgoodness. I'm so happy there are people out there doing even-gen shimmer lineages~

Actually, it's a thank you for providing the mom! laugh.gif And it's not the only even gen shim I have, there's a few of us who are trying to get them out there. I'm going to try to get him out to 8 gens to put with my girl. biggrin.gif

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Caught another pretty purple opal.