Kiran

Barren

Unfortunately, people stopped posting in the old thread. So, with Packgoater's permission, I made a new one! biggrin.gif

HISTORY/SETTING

This is Earth, after humans are long extinct. They caused severe global warming and left much of their trash behind. Most things like guns and such are long buried underneath the soil and no animal would know how to work them anyway. Bits and pieces of old airplane wings and long, large pieces of metal occasionally poke up from the ground and the bears use this to create their armor. Most animals don't know how the humans came to be extinct, but there are stories. Old stories.

Once upon a time there was mankind. They had no fur on them besides on the top of their heads and the rest of their bodies were naked and pink. These animals were cunning and smart and had fierce weapons we can only imagine.  They were very smart, but war constantly raged within their own species. Only the swift fox was more cunning than they.

One day a fox met with a man. The man hated the people on the other side of the world. As the people were divided, so were the lands. The man hated those other people and wanted to rid the world of him. Sly Fox walked up to Man and told him, "Foolish man. Do you not know you cause certain destruction for your species?" Man chuckled.

"Foolish one, listen to yourself speak. You are under us, beneath us. You know nothing of what power or want means. Fox, grant me a wish." Fox nodded, his eyes uncertain, but in his head, grinning devilishly.

"As you wish, Great Man. What is it that you want so badly?"

"I want to know how to kill people. How to kill our enemies," said Man, his eyes narrowing and his mouth smiling. Fox nodded.

"You need a plague that can be spread only by way of humans. Otherwise the rats will surely kill all. But you remember, Man's true enemy is himself." And Fox handed Man a vial of a deadly disease that can be spread only by Man to Man and easily done so. This disease killed only man and nothing else as a result. Not animals, not plants.

Man chuckled at Fox's foolishness. Man would get rid of his enemies and only he and his friends would be left. But as Fox said, Man's true enemy is thyself and Man asked for a disease to kill all of Man's enemies. All humans perished.

The continents are no longer separate; they have re-cycled and are now in supercontinent-form once again. The vegetation is rare and the seasons are very different from today. They are much more warm as the result of global warming and summers are almost unbearable. Most animals either migrate to always stay where it is coolest or have very short fur. Most plants are tropical plants and plants found in the desert.

PLOT

The bears look down their noses and think themselves better than the wolves and lions. After all, they can stand on two legs and have thumbs. The wolves are being provoked by the bears, who want a war to eliminate all "lesser" species. The lions are off killing themselves; trying to rid themselves of "touched" lions, lions that get strange and wild every eclipse. The symptoms include their minds seeming to wander all the time, their eyes changing colors and their becoming fur mangy, raggedy and blue-tinted. And the caribou are constantly being hunted by the wolves and bears. They want to fight back and are forming ranks of an elite group to slaughter the bears, wolves and lions. The birds are entirely focused on the main plot, which is below.

MAIN PLOT

At the same time, all of the species are pitted against each other to become the next great superpower race, like the humans and the dinosaurs. They each need to fight the other races off and create one elite race, a race purged of the imperfect. The weak will die in the battle. Only the strong can survive.

ANIMALS

It must be said that the animals are all able to communicate with each other. There are other animals besides these, but they are not played by people.

PREDATORS

THE BEAR: This beast is even more fearsome than today. They hunt in small packs and are now considered social animals. They are typically very large, and have long claws and are still bulky and slow. They also have thumbs like our own. They have succeeded in making pieces of armor that are broken by caribou horns after a few hits, a few wolf-strikes, and a few swiped from a lion’s paw. They do not cover their bellies. The bears migrate to follow the caribou and come in many colors.

THE WOLF: This majestic creature is to be admired and feared. They have small poison glands which make them able to kill prey easier. Their poison glands are in their mouth, for the wolves have venomous fangs like a poisonous snake. They look like striped and spotted hyenas to sum up their general look.  They have long claws and are usually powerfully muscled. They are still social animals and are in large packs. They are much smaller than our wolves today, but are also much faster. They also come in an assortment of colors.

THE LION: The lions are almost exactly the same as today, but they are much larger, easily standing 10 feet tall on their hind legs and weigh nearly 800 pounds. Oftentimes a lion will have thin, tan stripes that nearly fade into the background. Basically, they normally look like ligers (lion x tiger hybrid).

PREY

THE CARIBOU: The caribou are the most feared of the prey animals. Their antlers are sharp and curve dangerously to the front for ramming predators. They are much more bulky than today and are similar to musk-oxen, besides the horns & fur. These guys migrate to stay in the cold areas. They are gray, white, tan, yellow, or brown.

THE BIRDS: These guys are any color, shape or size, as long as it’s something realistic. The birds rely on other birds for protection as safety is in numbers. Most birds are large and some have been known to prey on adult wolves.

Current Setting:

The roleplay starts in an area of land in the north. There is a small temperate coniferous forest, surrounded by large, open grasslands. North of the grasslands, about 40 miles away, are some large cliffs dotted with caves that birds frequently nest in. A large pack of wolves lives in the grasslands, a mile north of the forest. The wolf pack is, for the most part, made up of loners that come and go, but a few of the members stay in the pack long-term. Lion prides dot the grasslands, along with herds of caribou, while small groups of bears live in the forest. The animals are generally content with this area, and should stay there for another month before going farther north to escape the rising temperatures of spring. This is just the starting area, and the animals will move around as the seasons change. It is currently the middle of winter, and snow has fallen lightly.

Rules:

~No Goddmodding, Powerplaying, Modding, Autohitting, chat speak, etc.

~No Gary Stus or Mary Sues. Really, people, nobody's perfect.

~Keep your posts at a good length. I know sometimes you're just not having a good day, but posts should be at least five sentences long.

~Keep it PG-13. Gore is fine, but don't overdo it.

~Post character sheets so they don't get lost. xd.png

~My word is law.

Character Sheets:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Yes, I know it's mostly quoted text and the original thread is still there, but we thought a shiny new thread would attract more people.

Edited by Backup77

Accepted Characters:

Username: Arceus Backup77

Name: Jay

Species: Wolf

Appearance: She's thin she-wolf with a light build, and is a fast runner. Because she was raised by hawks and know how they attack, combined with her fast, light build, she is excellent at avoiding, and if need be, attacking birds. Her fur.

History: Jay was born to a lone pair of wolves during the summer, in the far north, along with three siblings. Prey was abundant, but the excess amount of prey also attracted birds of prey, bears and lion. Jay lost two of her siblings a month after they were born, and her father was killed by a lion a week later. Her mother, desperate too get away from the other animals that were killing off her family, took the last male pup and ran. She meant to take Jay, too, but she was too panicked, too scared. Jay was left behind, too young too survive... then she was being carried through the air by long talons, carried to a nest on a cliff. She was dropped onto the twigs, completely unharmed, but scared. She going too be eaten, she knew it, after all of the stories she had heard about the evil birds eating wolves. But she wasn't eaten. The birds, apparently, hated the fighting and were tired of it. Jay was wary of the birds, to the point where she wouldn't even take food from them. But in the end she began to trust them, trust the creatures she had heard so many terrible things about. She too began to hate the war, the war that ripped apart so many families.

One day, when Jay was nearly two years old, she was hunting with the eagles that adopted her. Everything was going well, and they were about to go home with their kill when they ran into a bear. The bear attacked one of the birds, and then things got worse. A caribou heard the noise and went over to see what was wrong, and soon talons wear coming down from above, horns were slashing everywhere, huge, clawed paws were slashing around and knocking animals off their feet or out of the air... and Jay? She was doing her best to fight, doing her best to stay alive. She managed it, somehow, but when the dust cleared, the eagles that raised her were dead, along with the bear and caribou. After that, Jay roamed around alone, sometimes staying with small packs of wolves for awhile, but always leaving again, hatred for bears, caribou and the war festering inside her. She doesn't want to hate caribou and bears, because of her hatred for the war and all of the fighting, but she still hates them.

Other: If anyone wants him, Jay's brother is up for grabs.

Username: DP

Character name: Destiny (Des for short)

Character age: 5 years

Race: wolf

Appearance: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs44/i/2009/065...tOfTheStars.jpg - the one on the right is her. She has stripes and spots on her neck and body, though and isn't just a normal light tan/brown color.

History: Destiny was born in the forested area of the woods and was always told growing up to beware of the birds. Her parents and twin brother (the wolf on the left in the picture is him except he also had stripes and spots on his neck and body like Des does) were killed by an eagle when she was just a pup. Somehow she was able to get away and was taken in by another family and that was the family that taught her to stay away from the falcons, eagles, hawks, etc. by running in a zig-zag motion and they also taught her how to fight back. Now 5 years old and an adult, she lives on her own in a cave deep within the forest. Her adoptive parents died of some unknown disease a year ago and she misses them but she tries not to dwell on their death too much. She's also looking for a mate that she would like to spend the rest of her life with if possible but she hasn't found one yet.

Other: likes/loves Tandr (one of pack's chars)

Username: Darkshadow

Character name: Fury

Character age: 2 years

Race: Bird; Golden Eagle

Appearance:

-->[x]

Fury, as an evolved golden eagle, has a wingspan of 10 feet and can lift a full grown wolf into the air.

History: Fury was born in the cooler parts of the continent, in an area where the other predators were actively preying on the birds for their food source. He grew up hating the predators on land, and with a passion began hunting them.

Username: Kokay

Name: Hesher

Species: Caribou

Appearance: Hesher

History: Hesher is a cocky caribou. But, he has reason. When he first developed his antlers, he won his battles with ease. He killed a bear, but not without scars. He has kept the bear's armor, hiding it and stomping on it to hammer it into a shape that would cover his body. Hesher is also the most charismatic of the caribou. He leads the elite squadron of caribou.

Other:

Edited by Backup77

Hi! I'm soupnazi and I'll be doing some critique on the roleplay.

"As you wish, Great Man. Was is it that you want so badly?"

"What is it", not "was is it" I believe.

The symptoms include: their minds seeming to wander all the time, their eyes changing colors and their becoming fur mangy, raggedy and blue-tinted.

I think this would sound better if you delete the colon.

They looked like striped and spotted hyenas to sum up their general look.

"look", not "looked".

THE LION: The lions are almost exactly the same as today, but are sometimes more like Ligers. (Lion-tiger cross)

Since I don't know what a liger really is (and, by the way, that should not be capitalized), this description does nothing to help my understanding. Also, you need a period in the parentheses.

I think a description of the basic area roleplayers will be roleplaying in would be helpful, as right now I don't know how people would begin--how did it work in the original roleplay?

Edited, hopefully made it better. I added another section and changed the lion's description a bit, so hopefully everyone should be able to understand what's going on.

Edited by Backup77

Okay, great work--I recommend keeping the description of what a liger is, though.

North the grasslands, about 40 miles away, are some large cliffs doted with caves that birds frequently nest in.

"dotted", not "doted".

Whoa--I had no idea those were real! That is pretty cool.

But, anyway--approved! Have fun roleplaying.

yay user posted image; here's my char from the other one:

Username: DP

Character name: Destiny (Des for short)

Character age: 5 years

Race: wolf

Appearance: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs44/i/2009/065...tOfTheStars.jpg - the one on the right is her. She has stripes and spots on her neck and body, though and isn't just a normal light tan/brown color.

History: Destiny was born in the forested area of the woods and was always told growing up to beware of the birds. Her parents and twin brother (the wolf on the left in the picture is him except he also had stripes and spots on his neck and body like Des does) were killed by an eagle when she was just a pup. Somehow she was able to get away and was taken in by another family and that was the family that taught her to stay away from the falcons, eagles, hawks, etc. by running in a zig-zag motion and they also taught her how to fight back. Now 5 years old and an adult, she lives on her own in a cave deep within the forest. Her adoptive parents died of some unknown disease a year ago and she misses them but she tries not to dwell on their death too much. She's also looking for a mate that she would like to spend the rest of her life with if possible but she hasn't found one yet.

Other: likes/loves Tandr (one of pack's chars)

((thank you smile.gif; now to wait for pack to hopefully join as well as other people who want to join))

((Yeah, I hope he does join. I sent him a PM, and he replied with a maybe.))

((okie dokie happy.gif; I'll ask around and see if anyone else wants to join smile.gif...oh and are we going to continue from where we left off in the other one?))

((I think we'll just RP it, so that we end up where we are now but no one ends up super-confused... starting where we left off also won't work if Pack doesn't bring Lenka back.))

((okay sounds good and also Tandr since pack controls him too))

Username: Darkshadow

Character name: Fury

Character age: 2 years

Race: Bird; Golden Eagle

Appearance:

-->[x]

Fury, as an evolved golden eagle, has a wingspan of 10 feet and can lift a full grown wolf into the air.

History: Fury was born in the cooler parts of the continent, in an area where the other predators were actively preying on the birds for their food source. He grew up hating the predators on land, and with a passion began hunting them.

Just using my old character as well. Glad to see this is starting up again.

Username: Kokay

Name: Hesher

Species: Caribou

Appearance: Hesher

History: Hesher is a cocky caribou. But, he has reason. When he first developed his antlers, he won his battles with ease. He killed a bear, but not without scars. He has kept the bear's armor, hiding it and stomping on it to hammer it into a shape that would cover his body. Hesher is also the most charismatic of the caribou. He leads the elite squadron of caribou.

Other:

((I was hoping Pack would be coming back, but I guess he isn't, so I guess as soon as I make a post, which will be as soon as I finish posting in SM and maybe half a dozen others that I've been neglecting. xd.png ))