Valera

Protection for trade eggs/hatchlings

Maybe just make it possible to fog an egg in teleport anyway, and make someone looking from a teleport link able to see what it is. I can see this being abused in terms of neglect... sad.gif

I can see that, but maybe a work-around could be possible?

The fog ability lasts for 24 hours when in teleport. So holding it for a ND would not work but it adds extra time?

Maybe just make it possible to fog an egg in teleport anyway, and make someone looking from a teleport link able to see what it is. I can see this being abused in terms of neglect... sad.gif

I really think I'm missing something here. Could someone explain the potential abuse? If an egg is fogged while it's in teleport, how is that any different than if you fogged it on your scroll? It still gets 0 views. Yes, in teleport fog it's being suggested that people could still see the lineage, but that doesn't do anything.

So there's fogged on my scroll or fogged in teleport. I don't see where fogged in teleport is an advantage. Especially when, as folks have pointed out, it actually creates a huge disadvantage in one major aspect.

Perhaps it could be a checkable box either on the Teleport page, or in Account Settings? Something like the following, perhaps?

Teleport Page:

"[ ] Prevent this egg/hatchling from receiving views/clicks?"

Account Settings:

"[ ] Prevent eggs/hatchlings in Teleport from receiving views/clicks?"

It'd probably be better if it was right on the Teleport page, since most people would wanna use it on a case-by-case basis, but I figured I'd include the Account Page option too.

I would support this.

Yeah, I actually don't get it either, Skauble, but I just assumed I was ignorant since I've never bothered with NDs myself.

Could someone provide a "dumbed-downed" explanation, so my tiny brain can figure it out? ^^' Someone tried explaining a few post back, I think, but it went right over my head. XP

Edited by Nezbael

The only way I see this affecting NDs is to the negative. I'll try to explain well enough hopefully without getting myself a warn or something for revealing too much about Neglecteds.

When you make a ND you need to get a lot of views very fast when the egg has only minutes or seconds remaining. Generally NDs turn when they have 30 seconds or less left, so many people "bounce" them to a friend's scroll right after they turn in order to gain a day. Because of the time constraint, it would be difficult to set up a Tele after they turn-- that's pretty much always done right before you start the experiment.

So basically the order goes: set up teleport, ER egg, friend accepts teleport if/when it turns. Obviously this would not work if eggs in Teleport could not gain views.

Basically, I would also support this, but only if it was optional for the above reason.

OOOOOOOOOHHHH. So, so much clearer now.

Hopefully you don't get a warn, since that still technically doesn't tell anyone exactly how to make an ND.

Regardless though, the more I hear about this, the more I'm thinking optional would be the way to go for this. And I think it should be on the Teleport page itself, so it can be optional on a case-by-case basis.

Matter of fact, I think I'm gonna edit the first post so newcomers won't be confused. ;P

Thanks so much for the explanation, TPishek. I had no idea about the gaining an extra day bit.

ETA: Edited the first post to reflect the new take on this idea. The blue italics will be removed in a couple days. ;P

Edited by Nezbael

Thanks for the merge, Socky! ♥

And thanks for including my post in the OP as well. ^^

Sorry giving you extra work. ;P

From some comments I read recently I was just thinking of a way to stop eggs and hatchies waiting to be picked up from being view-bombed, especially if they ER or low view for a reason. Time zones can mean a 12 hr wait and sometimes they grow up, are killed or hatch, terminating the trade link and perhaps ruining the trade deal.

My idea is once they are installed within a trade is they become 'hidden'

- They are still visible on your scroll, though perhaps faded a bit to indicate they are trade eggs/hatchies similar to what the 'rejected bred' adults do

- They still take up an egg/hatchie space - so not encouraging hidden hoarding here

- They can still be viewed by the trader/tradee to check lineages - unlike fog which blankets everyone out.

BUT

They don't receive clicks - either by being unviewable by anyone who does not open the trade page first - meaning they need that trade code - or that instead of the 'clicks and views' numbers showing up and gaining - a message saying 'hidden in a traders bag' or something takes their place.

Once the trade is accepted, then it goes back to being a viewable by the public egg/hatchie.

this is a really nice idea! But I'm worried that some eggs could possibly ran out of views instead unsure.gif Especially when you offer on a trade and the person on the other end is making you wait forever.

Just thought of this myself but Otome mentioned it.

Eggs/hatchies will still run out of time - there is nothing that can prevent that and would have happened anyway - this is just an idea to stop the murder of eggs/hatchies by viewbombing.

I'd prefer this as a BSA

A BSA is not a feasible idea as it adds another step to the process - but a tickable box to allow choice would be a good compromise.

Edited by Mysfytt

this is a really nice idea! But I'm worried that some eggs could possibly ran out of views instead unsure.gif Especially when you offer on a trade and the person on the other end is making you wait forever.

I'd prefer this as a BSA (there are a few suggested that would stop eggs in trades from gaining views) both because 1) yay BSAs and 2) it would be optional. Sometimes I have trades up for a long time and like to leave those things in hatcheries in the meanwhile, so something like this would be annoying (unless it, too, was optional, but even then I'd like to see it as something our dragons can do instead of a standard feature smile.gif)

I recall suggesting a very similar thing a while ago, but it was locked by TJ, who said he didn't see that option being a viable feature in the game. sad.gif

I do, however, think that it would be extremely useful. Trading has become very challenging for me, and I believe for many other users, because of people who keep adding the egg to fansites. It's especially annoying when those dragons are ER.

It would probably make sense to make it optional maybe.

Full support. <3

Making it a BSA is not a good idea - it mean another step in the trade process - but a tickable box might be a good idea for that 'optional' area - though why you wouldn't want it I don't understand.

Making it a BSA is not a good idea - it mean another step in the trade process - but a tickable box might be a good idea for that 'optional' area - though why you wouldn't want it I don't understand.

I do have to agree with this.

If it's related to any BSA, it should just be tied to Teleport.

Because sometimes I have Prize dragons sitting in teleports for three days. It'd be pretty annoying if I couldn't get them views during that time period... unless I'm misunderstanding the nature of the suggestion. tongue.gif

I do have to agree with this.

If it's related to any BSA, it should just be tied to Teleport.

Agreed. I don't think there should be a BSA for this because this will just make things more complicated than it already is. However, I think the RP logic part of the egg/hatchling unable to gain views is lacking, so we might need to improve on that.

Maybe something like:"You hid the egg in a secret portal, hiding it from others and making it only accessible to certain people." ? I don't know, any ideas guys? xd.png

Mysfytt, this is an excellent idea! This would work, and efficiently stop the view bombing of eggs or hatchling while in posted tradelinks. <3

It is almost always possible to take an egg with 0/0/0 views to hatching within an hour at the longest, once they reach 4 days, so low or no views should not be a deterrent to this idea. (Okay, Prizes or GoNs might take a little bit longer!)

I see no reason for it to be a BSA, simply a part of the teleport.

though why you wouldn't want it I don't understand.

There are deeefinitely reasons- most importantly, if an egg in a teleport couldn't gain views it'd make obtaining an genderless ND almost impossible.

It'd be neat as an option, but not mandatory.

I recall suggesting a very similar thing a while ago, but it was locked by TJ, who said he didn't see that option being a viable feature in the game. sad.gif

In addition, there is also Fogging while in teleport. (There's also Cloud Cover, a gray BSA.) There's also Protection for dragons in trade which seems to be a dupe of the thread TJ closed before, but I'll let him confirm that or not. Since yours is technically different as it doesn't involve a checkbox, I'm just going to move this and TJ can comment when/if he sees necessary.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Because people might have a trade that is long term that you don't want to have to cancel the trade so that you can raise the dragon? I understand worrying about valuable eggs being viewbombed while in trades, but not every egg is going to be valuable enough to worry about viewbombing.

Because people might have a trade that is long term that you don't want to have to cancel the trade so that you can raise the dragon? I understand worrying about valuable eggs being viewbombed while in trades, but not every egg is going to be valuable enough to worry about viewbombing.

If it's an egg, though, it'll be cancelled on it's own once it hatches so if you need to raise it to a hatchling then you're gonna lose the trade one way or the other.

It's also not just about viewbombing--I've repeatedly had my trades ruined by some censorkip.gif who's decided that any of my low-time trades need to be shoved into fansites to be hatched or matured, which just ruins everything. Again, because of that whole "trade is cancelled when it hatches" thing, and then if it grows up...

I don't want to deliberately let my dragon starve to death (and hope the other person will be online in time to shove it into ERs) if I want to trade. sad.gif ERs are for emergencies, after all.

I'd be very much for this idea though if there was a way to turn it on or off, maybe in your scroll settings (if hiding individual eggs is the problem).

Ok, I have just been viewbombed and had to cancel a trade to protect my tinsel. I WOULD LOVE for this to be an action. would use it but on the bad side I think it should be seeable by the other person in the trade so they can make sure its what was agreed on.

Would love to see this implemented, especially as an optional checkbox. As a few people note, having eggs auto-protected from gaining views during a teleport could be *cough* problematic for some eggs. But I'd love to have the option available to protect gifts and trades from viewbombing.