Valera

Protection for trade eggs/hatchlings

Eggs and hatchlings still gain views when they are in trades, so sometimes people conclude a trade and their egg or hatchling arrives so sick that it dies on them. How about while an egg is set to be traded, it no longer gains any views, but it's timer still goes down kinda like fog.

This way a healthy egg/hatchling will be guaranteed to still be healthy upon being traded. This will make it easier on everyone who has to leave during the night in case of different time zone trades because they won't have to worry about their egg getting sick or dying while they are gone.

So what do you guys think?

Nezbael's post:

First of all, I went through the first six pages of Suggestions and didn't see anything like this, so if it's a Duplicate I greatly apologize.

Second of all, the text in blue italics has been edited/added after further discussion of this idea in the thread. I'll remove the color/formatting after a couple days. It's just there to show what's been changed.

---------

Anyways, I had this idea pop in my head while on another suggestion thread.

The other thread had to do with view bombers, and several people mentioned how, although fogging is a good solution most of the time, sometimes it's not an option. Like when an Egg/Hatchling is being Teleported.

So, my suggestion is this:

When an Egg/Hatchling is being Teleported, there should be an optional checkbox that, if checked, would prevent the Egg/Hatchling from receiving Views/Clicks. So, it would act as though it was fogged, (by not receiving views/clicks), but would still be completely visible, etc. And as soon as the Teleport was canceled/the trade was completed, the Egg/Hatchling would be "unfogged", and go back to receiving views/clicks like normal.

I think this, coupled with fogging of eggs, could greatly decrease the chance of an egg getting killed, either maliciously or "accidentally" by some idiot well-meaning person. And the optionalness of it would stop it from hindering people who make NDs.

So, thoughts, ideas, arguments?

From some comments I read recently I was just thinking of a way to stop eggs and hatchies waiting to be picked up from being view-bombed, especially if they ER or low view for a reason. Time zones can mean a 12 hr wait and sometimes they grow up, are killed or hatch, terminating the trade link and perhaps ruining the trade deal.

My idea is once they are installed within a trade is they become 'hidden'

- They are still visible on your scroll, though perhaps faded a bit to indicate they are trade eggs/hatchies similar to what the 'rejected bred' adults do

- They still take up an egg/hatchie space - so not encouraging hidden hoarding here

- They can still be viewed by the trader/tradee to check lineages - unlike fog which blankets everyone out.

BUT

They don't receive clicks - either by being unviewable by anyone who does not open the trade page first - meaning they need that trade code - or that instead of the 'clicks and views' numbers showing up and gaining - a message saying 'hidden in a traders bag' or something takes their place.

Once the trade is accepted, then it goes back to being a viewable by the public egg/hatchie.

this is a really nice idea! But I'm worried that some eggs could possibly ran out of views instead unsure.gif Especially when you offer on a trade and the person on the other end is making you wait forever.

Just thought of this myself but Otome mentioned it.

Eggs/hatchies will still run out of time - there is nothing that can prevent that and would have happened anyway - this is just an idea to stop the murder of eggs/hatchies by viewbombing.

I'd prefer this as a BSA

A BSA is not a feasible idea as it adds another step to the process - but a tickable box to allow choice would be a good compromise.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I think a better way of handling this would be to allow eggs that are fogged to be traded. That way, if you want the egg to keep gaining views, you don't have to wait until the last minute to Teleport it, but it still solves your problem.

One of the reasons the teleported eggs are arriving sick is that once you have put them into a teleport link, the site no longer reports them as sick. I think if that were fixed it would be a big help. If you knew they were sick you could remove them from the sites where you had them posted. That should stop views from accumulating any more, almost as good as fogging them. I do not like the idea of eggs in trade links not being able to get views, because sometimes you still want them to.

Edited by purplehaze

Although I could see how that might be helpful in some circumstances, if it is implemented at all it should be an additional option when teleporting, not automatic. Sometimes people have a dragon that they kind of like, but might want to trade for something better. They offer, and set up a trade link so they don't have to deal with PMs, but they still want the dragon to get views since they might decide to keep it.

Definitely need to fix the glitch that prevents a dragon in a trade from showing as sick, but not all dragons in trades should be treated as essentially fogged. If you're that worried about it, just don't add it to any sites/take it out of any it's on. That's what I do for an egg I know I'm going to trade or give away.

One of the reasons the teleported eggs are arriving sick is that once you have put them into a teleport link, the site no longer reports them as sick. I think if that were fixed it would be a big help. If you knew they were sick you could remove them from the sites where you had them posted. That should stop views from accumulating any more, almost as good as fogging them. I do not like the idea of eggs in trade links not being able to get views, because sometimes you still want them to.

I definitely agree.

If you are trading with someone who doesn't get online every day, that egg you have tied up in Teleport may *need* to be getting views while waiting, so that it doesn't die on you (or on it's new owner). And I don't see any real reason to need to be able to trade fogged eggs, if the sickness-message is just fixed.

Since the egg still shows on your scroll while it's waiting in your Teleport-thing, I see no reason why your scroll shouldn't show the sickness message if the egg gets sick while in Teleport-limbo. Then you know, and you can take action.

I support that

And I will say NO to op suggestion eggs not gaining views on teleport.

This will turn ND experiments upside down - since gaining UVs on teleport is what we count on <.<

I keep an eye on my eggs in a transfer. It really isn't that hard to do - but a simple warning would be useful. No to preventing their getting views while they sit there.

Then again - unless you are glomping, the recipient should know and be ready to pick up asap and then take care of it for themselves, surely ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

I keep an eye on my eggs in a transfer. It really isn't that hard to do - but a simple warning would be useful. No to preventing their getting views while they sit there.

Then again - unless you are glomping, the recipient should know and be ready to pick up asap and then take care of it for themselves, surely ?

What about when you need to offer on something and the person is only deciding in two days?

I think that this is a great idea- at the very least, let us fog them to everyone but the person we're trading with.

I think the best solution is just fix the alert that doesn't appear when teleport an egg.

What about when you need to offer on something and the person is only deciding in two days?

I think that this is a great idea- at the very least, let us fog them to everyone but the person we're trading with.

They certainly shouldn't be immune from clicks etc or people will use that as a (different) cunning cheat for ND experiments... xd.png

I think the sickness warning we get for all other eggs would do though.

First of all, I went through the first six pages of Suggestions and didn't see anything like this, so if it's a Duplicate I greatly apologize.

Second of all, the text in blue italics has been edited/added after further discussion of this idea in the thread. I'll remove the color/formatting after a couple days. It's just there to show what's been changed.

---------

Anyways, I had this idea pop in my head while on another suggestion thread.

The other thread had to do with view bombers, and several people mentioned how, although fogging is a good solution most of the time, sometimes it's not an option. Like when an Egg/Hatchling is being Teleported.

So, my suggestion is this:

When an Egg/Hatchling is being Teleported, there should be an optional checkbox that, if checked, would prevent the Egg/Hatchling from receiving Views/Clicks. So, it would act as though it was fogged, (by not receiving views/clicks), but would still be completely visible, etc. And as soon as the Teleport was canceled/the trade was completed, the Egg/Hatchling would be "unfogged", and go back to receiving views/clicks like normal.

I think this, coupled with fogging of eggs, could greatly decrease the chance of an egg getting killed, either maliciously or "accidentally" by some idiot well-meaning person. And the optionalness of it would stop it from hindering people who make NDs.

So, thoughts, ideas, arguments?

Edited by Nezbael

I agree. This would seriously help out. Thanks for posting this in a clear and concise way!

I see this easily being abused for ND making (since eggs sit until they hatch right?).

I like the idea, don't get me wrong. I hate when people send me teles and i dont see them until after something has grown.. but it seems like there would be an abuse factor. 24 hour auto fog would be nice... you can always cancel the tele and reset it up if the person doesnt show up

That's an excellent suggestion too, Thuban. I'd just like to see Teleport given some sort of protection against view bombers. Regardless if it's for 7 days or 24 hours. Just something to protect whatever's being sent back and forth.

And no problem, Ashes. Happy to be of service.

I see this easily being abused for ND making (since eggs sit until they hatch right?).

I like the idea, don't get me wrong. I hate when people send me teles and i dont see them until after something has grown.. but it seems like there would be an abuse factor. 24 hour auto fog would be nice... you can always cancel the tele and reset it up if the person doesnt show up

I might be missing something in the suggestion, but I don't think this would be any different in ND making than fogging them on your scroll. You would still have to take them out of teleport, at some point, to get views, just like you'd have to unfog them on your scroll.

ETA: Actually, I'd just like the option to fog it in teleport. My preference also concerns ND making, in part, but not in the way brought up above.

Edited by skauble

You can get the same effect by having your scroll hidden and grabbing CB blockers so nobody would have the codes to add to anywhere.

And I would hate there to be a limit. I gift eggs and don't keep track of who I sent PMs to, I just wait until they reply with a "thanks!" or whatever. If stuff auto-canceled then I'd have to re-make the trade to prevent "helpful" idiots from doing things to my eggs I don't want, and then who would I send the new link to? I just had to deal with an ice egg that was down to almost 4 days flat before it was taken. Imagine how much more annoying it would be if I had had to remake the trade 3 times to prevent people from adding it to a fansite.

But yea, I love the idea. Even better than the ability to fog a dragon in teleport.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I like this idea. smile.gif I always fog my newly caught eggs/bred eggs (if I can't micro-watch 'em) unless I'm offering them in a trade and I always worry that they might get too many views etc.

It would be a problem for ND making.

We make teleport before an egg has turned so that the moment it turns, it gains a day when it's grabbed without having to make the tele and send it when it may only have 2 seconds left to live.

If it didn't gain views on the tele, it wouldn't be able to turn...

So this option should be an actual option and thus optional. :P

It would be a problem for ND making.

We make teleport before an egg has turned so that the moment it turns, it gains a day when it's grabbed without having to make the tele and send it when it may only have 2 seconds left to live.

If it didn't gain views on the tele, it wouldn't be able to turn...

So this option should be an actual option and thus optional. tongue.gif

I agree, lol. But I don't make NDs, so I wouldn't know how to do any of this/factors in it. But the idea is a great one.

Ya, optional would be good. That's actually one reason why fogging in trades would be the better option. The proper image visible on the trade page, gender where applicable on the trade page, and visible lineages and all the important info is available.

I just want to heart the really, really bold naysay opinion, because this seems to be all-around support. Optional is love. <3

This would stab ND-making in the back D: We put them in Teles beforehand so that we don't have to make one with ~2 seconds left, just like Angel said, and having to do so would basically kill any chances of getting one. Optional would be nice, of course, but otherwise I'm voting no.

Perhaps it could be a checkable box either on the Teleport page, or in Account Settings? Something like the following, perhaps?

Teleport Page:

"[ ] Prevent this egg/hatchling from receiving views/clicks?"

Account Settings:

"[ ] Prevent eggs/hatchlings in Teleport from receiving views/clicks?"

It'd probably be better if it was right on the Teleport page, since most people would wanna use it on a case-by-case basis, but I figured I'd include the Account Page option too.

Well, you can still make NDs by forcing the turned egg... if you're lucky. xd.png But I agree, optional fogging would be perfect.

Maybe just make it possible to fog an egg in teleport anyway, and make someone looking from a teleport link able to see what it is. I can see this being abused in terms of neglect... sad.gif