Kazeko

View My Descriptions

There was a thread requesting a marker for descriptions, which I am unable to find. TJ posted that he might do something like that. I would love to visit someone's scroll, see which dragons have descriptions and visit those dragons. It's so sad that we can't do that.

Here is that thread for those interested. :3

God - yes I want this. I've got 14 DC tabs open to keep track of my pending descriptions...

And an icon next to described dragons would be neat, I'd love to visit scrolls and be able to tell if there are described dragons, how many and which, so I'd be able to read ALL of them biggrin.gif

I support this! laugh.gif

It would be great, and very useful.

A feature that allow us to see the pending ones and the approved too, for ourselves and other scrolls, with the possibility of making it visible or not, as we can do with our dragons and scrolls.

I am wondering why this is not implemented...maybe"tj too lazy to code"?

This definitely has my support.

I'd like to obsessively check my pending descriptions without having to go back and forth between pages, thank you very much!

And the marker idea for approved descriptions is rather useful too.

I am wondering why this is not implemented...maybe"tj too lazy to code"?

I don't think anyone could call tj LAZY.... unsure.gif

I don't think it really is "TJ too lazy to code" .. it's actually TJ too BUSY to code.

TJ has a full time IT job besides keeping up with all facets of DC and his other games and the work of running Technoized. I'm amazed it all stays up to date as much as it does, I know I couldn't do it.

Yes! I personally organize my scroll to be able to do this, and would love it if I could just go to a page and sort my scroll the way I want. +1 support

I don't think it really is "TJ too lazy to code" .. it's actually TJ too BUSY to code.

TJ has a full time IT job besides keeping up with all facets of DC and his other games and the work of running Technoized. I'm amazed it all stays up to date as much as it does, I know I couldn't do it.

Well, I was joking when I said "TJ too lazy to code", that's why I added quotation marks. tongue.gif

ah, i came here to suggest this very same thing, but i'm still glad it was already suggested :')

i only describe one dragon per every 100 i have (more or less, i think), but my memory, being lousy, doesn't let me remember which are those xd.png some might be very very rejected since 2010, but i might not even know of it if i don't remember i described it, hence, i'll never correct them :/

i'll link here other threads that i found that are related to this :3

Description Review Notification, If I could tell when I got one...

-http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=98278&st=0

Alert when descriptions are approved/rejected, Or a filter?

-http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=148440&hl=description

A marker/symbol to show described dragons, like with gender and frozen - updated

-http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=51220&hl=description&st=0

maybe the ideas in them could be merged or complemented? (though i guess no update on this will be done since we are so close to xmas xd.png)

the idea i liked the most was making it look like the teleport page (can't remember who suggested this xd.png i think it was sock? in some of those threads above? xd.png)

user posted image

^something like that would be lovely xd.png

I'm starting to actually put more effort into descriptions now rather than just mulling over them. not having the quick link ... since a lot of my stories / descripts entertwine with other dragons or relate, it would be so nice to see them because it would make my process faster and also make me check to see what hasn't been approved. If its been awhile, I can always shoot an response to see if someone is able to look at it for approval.

I think more people would use this under utilized game aspect if they had this ability.

ah, i came here to suggest this very same thing, but i'm still glad it was already suggested :')

i only describe one dragon per every 100 i have (more or less, i think), but my memory, being lousy, doesn't let me remember which are those xd.png some might be very very rejected since 2010, but i might not even know of it if i don't remember i described it, hence, i'll never correct them :/

i'll link here other threads that i found that are related to this :3

Description Review Notification, If I could tell when I got one...

-http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=98278&st=0

Alert when descriptions are approved/rejected, Or a filter?

-http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=148440&hl=description

A marker/symbol to show described dragons, like with gender and frozen - updated

-http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=51220&hl=description&st=0

maybe the ideas in them could be merged or complemented? (though i guess no update on this will be done since we are so close to xmas xd.png)

the idea i liked the most was making it look like the teleport page (can't remember who suggested this xd.png i think it was sock? in some of those threads above? xd.png)

user posted image

what a nice date you have there, and you time, I must mention, appears to be a radio station.

Like this layout, and of course the idea.

I'd find this really useful if it also showed rejected descriptions. I describe every dragon I own, so it's a real pain to have to keep checking back through ones I've written to see which odd ones might have gotten rejected, especially when the approval backlog usually leaves me with dozens to try to monitor at a time. Nothing like checking up on a three year old dragon and finding out the description got rejected, and you just never noticed... X___x

This one has my support.

Description can't be found as easily as names (ie. Ctrl+F), and I don't think it is something that should require me to keep off-site lists to keep track of.

user posted image

Okura, I am digging this layout. It's exactly what I'm hoping for.

it is, right? i think i put there what we all would like to see the most in a simple page, but idk if i missed something... still, i'm crossing my fingers for TJ to like this idea biggrin.gif

another thing that might be useful (as a complement or an alternative to a 'description page') would be a 'described dragons' filter. but idk, i still like the separate page idea better :3

(@Oasis: aye, i did do it to resemble a radio station, cause it was nearly 1 am over here and my brain wasn't functioning properly and was having weird ideas biggrin.gif and, uh, about the last sentence, my english is defective xd.png it should be '...have had their description aproved and are displayed for other users to see' or something like that... oh, well...)

I was thinking there could be a single page that listed all of your unapproved descriptions, with comments included. I have a lot of dragons awaiting approval and its a pain checking them all individually.

Along with other description suggestions ... yes yes. Combine and have a description release combo with some verbose or feathered or literary themed Dragon.

Bumping because I almost lost track of my pending descriptions again.

*squints at thread* I've never posted here? Huh.

Totally support! This would make things so much easier for a lot of people. The whole description system in general DESPERATELY needs some changes/additions, and this would be a nice one to have.

I would love this. I currently keep track of my pending descriptions on a separate page (where I also keep track of all comments on them that I happen to catch, because I like reading those) and it's entirely conceivable that I might forget to add one there at some point. ninja.gif

Like Dimar, I can't believe I haven't posted here as I need this! Currently I keep all my pending descriptions sorted near the top of my scroll, but it's still a painnn to click through 40+ (ok, 20+ after the Reviewathon) action pages to see if anything's been approved.