Kazeko

View My Descriptions

Oh yes. I've been using a Word document to attempt to organize all of my descriptions... It isn't working so well. With this implemented, I'd be able to set goals for myself and see all of the comments at once rather than going to each individual dragon. Support +1.

Support c: I would love a link to where I could see which dragons have descriptions. I pretty much had to memorize which dragons have descriptions and not, so this kind of a page would make it much easier to keep track of them!

Yes yes yes! Combined with the idea "A marker to show descriptions" this would be perfect!

I certainly wouldn't mind if the Description Dictionary or other similar ideas were added too.

Only a few questions

-Are there any naysayers?

-Will this be difficult to code?

-Does anyone know how to code this? I heard that suggestions should have a base coding created by a third party (A.K.A, one of the supporters) in order to have a higher chance of being approved by TJ.

-Does anyone know how to code this? I heard that suggestions should have a base coding created by a third party (A.K.A, one of the supporters) in order to have a higher chance of being approved by TJ.

Not sure where you heard this. DC is TJ's baby and he prefers to do the coding, as he knows the ins and outs of it. :3

This would be great! I'd love to be able to see pending descriptions, although at the speed they're being approved it would probably be empty most of the time XD

Not sure where you heard this. DC is TJ's baby and he prefers to do the coding, as he knows the ins and outs of it. :3

Ahh, I see. Now I feel stupid. Guess I'm still a newbie, even if I have my bronze trophy. tongue.gif

Yeeesssss do want this.

I love going through old dragons that I know are described, and a page where everything is just laid out would save a lot of time and clicking.

If you don't write a lot of descriptions, you may not have encountered this problem, but if you do then you'll know what a pain it is to remember which dragons have descriptions and which ones you've just written descriptions, not to mention the hassle of keeping track of things that are in the approval que or rejected or approved. It would be super useful if there was a quick reference page that had a list of your approved and pending descriptions on it, maybe even with links to each dragon and what not!

Thoughts?

I think this would be a great idea. smile.gif The action log might have some info short term (I'm not sure, I've never described a dragon) but that would only be temporary and it'd be a hassle sorting through it. Something like this sounds like it'd be really useful for description writers. smile.gif

Maybe, it would be simpler to just make a note on the bottom of dragon's page. Something along the lines "This dragon has unknown story" until it gets approved/rejected.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

I think the idea would be to be able to see them ALL at a glance sp that you could click on one you could see needed one and work on it, without checking the ones that are done.

There is a suggestion for this in the "cave feedback" thread, I think.

Oh! I would love this! I have dragons all over my scroll with descriptions that are pending, i need to check 5 pages (out of 15) every day just to see if any of them have been approved. It would be great to be able to see it all in one place ^-^

And what about an option for others viewing your scroll to see which dragons are described? Like another little symbol or a badge that has all the links to described dragons?

Even just a filter in the scroll sorting would be great. "Show Described Dragons/Show Description Pending Dragons"

I'd love this!

Though I have a list of dragons I've made descriptions of so far, I'm worried I may have missed one. And since I have 4 pages of dragons now, I don't want to have to hunt through each page to find out if I missed a dragon I've made a description for or not.

Please do this! It would be so epic biggrin.gif I have around...fifty? dragons in the process now, and without my spreadsheet it would be impossible to check them at all, as it is it's an incredibly time consuming process, having to transfer the names back and forth etc.

I think this would be a good idea, I try to give all my dragons good names and great descriptions but what would be even better is for moderators to see them, I'd never make inappropriate descriptions, but I'd love for others to be able to actually see it when they look at my dragons.

I'd like to see this happen because I try to describe my dragons in batches and it makes it harder for me to continue to describe them when I have some waiting that I have to be watching for typos from reviewers. If I had a way of seeing all the dragons in a batch and not skiping over any when I'm checking

I've always supported a way to quickly find described dragons on site. Whether this would be entirely for personal use and/or would help browsers find described dragons, I think it'd be nice to have.

I've always supported a way to quickly find described dragons on site. Whether this would be entirely for personal use and/or would help browsers find described dragons, I think it'd be nice to have.

Ahh yes, I didn't think to mention that myself, but I agree that having a way to help other users find described dragons on other people's scrolls would also be good. I've never read other people's descriptions unless they're posted here on the forum, because I just never know where they are. If I clicked random dragons, the majority of the time, they wouldn't be described, so it'd probably be a waste of time. But I think I'd read a whole lot more if there was a quick and easy way to find them. smile.gif And after all, they're meant to be read...

I like the idea of having a small symbol or indicator near a dragon to show that they've been described. Having it all on one page in a que or something would be AMAZING, but little symbols telling you a dragon has a description would be awesome as well!

I would LOVE a quick access page. I've only recently started describing my dragons in earnest, and have run into that very problem where I'm not sure which dragons have been described and which are still pending without clicking to each individual dragon's action and describe page.

I also just today discovered that I had described a dragon some time ago and had completely forgotten. blink.gif My memory has holes in it...

( @ Moderators - this newer thread seems to be a duplicate of this one. Would it be possible to merge them?)

I full heartedly support a quick-access page. It could be under the account settings; where we already have an overview of active transfers. Perhaps the overview page could also show 'approval pending / denied / approved' at a single glance.

I also support a scroll marker to indicate a dragon with an approved description. I love reading other people's descriptions, but right now I only do so through the Review function, since checking each and every dragon on a scroll to see if they have one, is simply a hassle.

I'd love a feature like this. It'd be helpful for us with a lot of dragons, Especially when getting around (Finally, in my case) To describing them all. With so many dragons, it's difficult to keep updated on which one's have descriptions, which ones don't, and which ones are pending.

There was a thread requesting a marker for descriptions, which I am unable to find. TJ posted that he might do something like that. I would love to visit someone's scroll, see which dragons have descriptions and visit those dragons. It's so sad that we can't do that.