AbsolutelyAlexis

League of Legends

I love the fact that no one knows what to expect with Thresh, in the first 10 minutes or so of the game, they just walk straight towards you, and then you just pull.

By the time they realize it's a bad idea, you're already a higher level <3

I usually just have people underestimating how much difference the shield off the lantern can make in turning things around, not to mention that ability to pull someone out of a bad situation. So many early game kills gotten off of the enemy AD carry thinking they could dive in for a kill on us.

Though I also had the same experience once when I was supporting with Volibear (didn't know if I need to go top or support, so picked something that could function in either role). The enemy carry got flipped by me once and died, and from then on would run the second I walked towards them.

Edited by shikaru

Though I also had the same experience once when I was supporting with Volibear (didn't know if I need to go top or support, so picked something that could function in either role). The enemy carry got flipped by me once and died, and from then on would run the second I walked towards them.

Volibear is so very underplayed nowadays, it surprises me. They either don't expect the flip + slow combo or don't realize how OP his passive is. He can make a very decent support.

Unfortunately I have yet to come across a decent Thresh player on my team. Many of the ones I've played with have tried to go mid or top and just fail miserably. I'm sure he makes a great support, but I've never had the opportunity to play with one who chooses that role! I wanna see how a Kog'maw + Thresh bot goes.

Volibear is so very underplayed nowadays, it surprises me. They either don't expect the flip + slow combo or don't realize how OP his passive is. He can make a very decent support.

Unfortunately I have yet to come across a decent Thresh player on my team. Many of the ones I've played with have tried to go mid or top and just fail miserably. I'm sure he makes a great support, but I've never had the opportunity to play with one who chooses that role! I wanna see how a Kog'maw + Thresh bot goes.

I love playing Volibear, he becomes such a terror as soon as he gets some HP on him. I prefer playing him top as opposed to support simply because his kit makes me feel like he's far better at killing than providing a kill for someone else (I love his bite <3). Probably one of my favorite champions to play. He can have a really tough early game because he can't deal with ranged poke too well, but once he gets going he can easily outlast most champions in a straight fight.

Thresh mid? That's...awkward. Top makes a little more sense, but he doesn't have the same damage output/snowballing that other top lane champions have. I love playing him support, there's just so much I can do for my carry and he's a pretty decent harasser himself. Actually, I supported a Kog'Maw as Thresh in a game. It didn't go terribly, but it probably would have gone a lot better without a Morgana support on the enemy team. It also didn't feel as successful as a Nunu + Kog'Maw lane. Pulling them in close isn't really what Kog wants. I do wonder how Vayne or Varus would go though. Most of what I've seen is Draven + Thresh from my friends, since our usual carry absolutely loves Draven.

You know what's fun? Your right mouse button breaking in the middle of a game. 8D

Eheheheheheh...

I have really dodgy internet at the moment.

I was playing this match, and we were doing really well - right up until the point my internet failed.

When I came back they had slain Baron, and I was the only one alive.

Silly thread writer, LoL isn't an RPG fighter. (This may have been mentioned before. If so, my apologies.) It's a MOBA. A MOBA is a multiplayer online battle arena. Please fix before OCD me blows a gasket lol.

Anyway, I don't understand why they haven't nerfed Darius yet. Sure, if you can shut him down early, he isn't too much of a problem. But Riot even said to the gamer base he was intended to get pentakills.

What the hell?

Why would they design a champion that is intended for killing the entire enemy team. That is ridiculous and Darius should be taken down a couple pegs. In my experience, if you don't kill him by level 6, you're going to have major problems and he will most likely get fed and dominate the game, and you can't do anything. He gets tanky, and so you can't focus him, but if you leave him alone he shreds your team to pieces.

As for my mains (roles in order of most played):

Mid: Le Blanc, Akali, Ahri, Nidalee, Nami

Top: Kennen, Akali, Nasus

Support: Nami, Nidalee, Sona

Jungle: Shyvana, Amumu, Vi

ADC: Ezreal, Ashe, Kennen

Edited by athania

Silly thread writer, LoL isn't an RPG fighter. (This may have been mentioned before. If so, my apologies.) It's a MOBA. A MOBA is a multiplayer online battle arena. Please fix before OCD me blows a gasket lol.

Anyway, I don't understand why they haven't nerfed Darius yet. Sure, if you can shut him down early, he isn't too much of a problem. But Riot even said to the gamer base he was intended to get pentakills.

What the hell?

Why would they design a champion that is intended for killing the entire enemy team. That is ridiculous and Darius should be taken down a couple pegs. In my experience, if you don't kill him by level 6, you're going to have major problems and he will most likely get fed and dominate the game, and you can't do anything. He gets tanky, and so you can't focus him, but if you leave him alone he shreds your team to pieces.

As for my mains (roles in order of most played):

Mid: Le Blanc, Akali, Ahri, Nidalee, Nami

Top: Kennen, Akali, Nasus

Support: Nami, Nidalee, Sona

Jungle: Shyvana, Amumu, Vi

ADC: Ezreal, Ashe, Kennen

I feel like Darius isn't as big of an issue as people make him out to be. In lower levels and lower skill ranges he can be devastating, but I think that Tryndamere and Master Yi suffer from this a LOT more (Starting out and not knowing how to deal with them, a Tryndamere can easily 1v5 an entire team and live). Same with Xin Zhao. True, he can also get way out of hand if he gets fed at any skill rank/level, but I can't think of many champions who DON'T get out of hand when they're fed. (Note: I'm not making any judgement on your skill at the game, just making general statements/observations).

The thing with Darius is that CC and mobility are his worst enemy, if he can't pull off his combo on you then he becomes useless. Shutting him down early game helps, but that helps with anyone. The key to fighting a Darius is to stay out of his range as much as possible, and to avoid the pull to prevent him from getting his full combo off so easily.

wooo a League thread~

I be level 25 and play as mostly as Vi, Fiora, Ashe and Kayle. Currently learning Riven, I just like to be up in the action smashing people hence why I don't play much support/ jungle though I kno how those work ovo/

Sadly I am still bad at PVP only...won 8.... at my level yeah, embarrassing...I knooow, but I'm sparing people fails.

but am working hard to get better :U

Edited by Commander Squee

I love playing thresh as an adc. If built well enough he could destroy the enemy team in 2 or 3 hits each depending on the amount of armor and health they have. His laning phase is really surpising thresh (at least so far for me) can dominate most adcs due to his massive auto attack range and his passive (the ability to collect souls)

By far the champ I like the best must be Katarina. Her high mobility and burst makes her a fun assassin to play. Her passive resetting her cool downs is off the charts.Once blood is spilled in a team fight she becomes a killing machine. Her laning phase in mid is difficult though due to the fact most ap carries are ranged which puts her at a huge disadvantage in lane,especially if her opponent zones her out from cs and exp. if well played she could 1v5 the entire enemy team.

Shikaru we should go play sometimes. You seem to know your way around champs! smile.gif

Btw guys try out adc thresh (extremely fun)

I love playing thresh as an adc. If built well enough he could destroy the enemy team in 2 or 3 hits each depending on the amount of armor and health they have. His laning phase is really surpising thresh (at least so far for me) can dominate most adcs due to his massive auto attack range and his passive (the ability to collect souls)

By far the champ I like the best must be Katarina. Her high mobility and burst makes her a fun assassin to play. Her passive resetting her cool downs is off the charts.Once blood is spilled in a team fight she becomes a killing machine. Her laning phase in mid is difficult though due to the fact most ap carries are ranged which puts her at a huge disadvantage in lane,especially if her opponent zones her out from cs and exp. if well played she could 1v5 the entire enemy team.

Shikaru we should go play sometimes. You seem to know your way around champs! :)

Btw guys try out adc thresh (extremely fun)

Thresh's autoattack range is one of the smallest of all ranged champions; every single adc outranges him (melee carries not withstanding). I've found him built for damage really lackluster, and he doesn't get the same damage output as a true adc. To each their own, and if it works it works, but I find him much more useful in a support role where his kit can shine.

I seem to have a love for playing melee mids (Fizz, Kassadin, Diana, Akali, and Talon mostly). Generally I let them push me under my turret, sneaking in a few cs here and there when I can as they push, and farm from there. I definitely find Katarina fun, I just haven't played her enough as other assassins (and I suck horrendously with shunpo timing. XD)

I'd love to play sometime~ My summoner name is Kai Talakki. Though if I'm not logged in, sending me a PM will probably be more effective (If I'm on my computer and not busy, I'm checking the forums).

I'm torn between which skin to get...

Deep Terror Thresh or Justicar Syndra?

I think I'll get Syndra...

I play LoL mostly as top lane Renekton or Cho'Gath. One time I played Anivia and was amazed by the burst damage, and support LuLu which also seemed good for amazing poke.

I choose Renekton due to a very good build that gives me good burst whilst giving me a good bulk, and Cho'Gath is bulky all around and the Rupture poke is so fun to do.

I'm deciding whether to:

Get Jayce(Haven't tried)

Get Nidlee(Haven't tried)

or

Get Urgot(Played once).

I'd suggest trying Jayce and Nidalee before getting them, they're a little different than most champions due to the transforming ult. Then again, I always recommend trying before buying. From the sounds of it you would probably like Jayce.

I play on the EU-W server, so don't have friends to play with really (American in wrong server).

But I mainly use Volibear, Nasus or Janna for support. I'm not sure who to save up for next. I know for a fact that I'd suck at PvP if I had no friends to trust and play with so I'm always playing against bots. :/

I play on the EU-W server, so don't have friends to play with really (American in wrong server).

But I mainly use Volibear, Nasus or Janna for support. I'm not sure who to save up for next. I know for a fact that I'd suck at PvP if I had no friends to trust and play with so I'm always playing against bots. :/

Same! Sometimes being in EU West sucks.

Maybe we could play a game sometime?

My username is Shadowwolf5.

My favourite support is Thresh <3 Soooo fun. Nami was ok, though.

If you ever see someone owning mid with Justicar Syndra, it might just be me >:D

Same! Sometimes being in EU West sucks.

Maybe we could play a game sometime?

My username is Shadowwolf5.

My favourite support is Thresh <3 Soooo fun. Nami was ok, though.

If you ever see someone owning mid with Justicar Syndra, it might just be me >:D

I just bought Nami since she was on sale and I wanted to try her out so bad! Rotations don't give enough, imo.

Sent you a friend request. I'm Dannywolfpero.

Won't be able to reply for a while, LoL on this computer is horribly outdated and my brother complains if I try to update it... *Is in Wales for the weekend*

I'll reply tomorrow, hopefully...

I'm so close to level 30... But I've been playing way less than by brother, who joined more then a year ago. I joined in August O.o

No love for EU N&E? xd.png Everybody EW?

I found League of Legends around the end of 2010, I think. The brother of my friend was playing it and I decided to check it. I got hooked - used Master Yi as much as I could when he was available that now I can go either AP or AD and have at least 20 kills. (Got my first pentakill with him on an ARAM around the start of October).

Usually, when I do play, I go a few kind of roles depending to my mood. Mostly AP Jungle Shaco, AD or AP Master Yi, Karthus Mid, Nidalee AP/Support and Singed AP/Tanky Top. Freaking funny watching the people that try and chase him and then spotting the following message: "Holy censorkip.gif, Singed, that hurts!" Since I grab some AP items (especially that mask-like item that burns them for extra DMG and the staff that gives Magic Pen. [at the end of my build, though, since first I focus as a tank] because they just make a single poison take around 200-300 HP.) it slowly kills off the people that chase me or the carry in a teamfight... and that E xd.png Go in teamfight, E carry, poison the hell out of her, RINSE AND REPEAT.

I'm BlackHawkU2 on EU Nordic & East, but I think making a new account - I used the IP I got very badly and so most of it was lost, practically, in useless runes and champions.

Quinn is fun. I managed to... persuade... my brother to let me try her, as he got her as soon as she came out.

Mid with a bird? EPIC.

Not sure whether she beats Syndra, though. I don't think so, but hey.

Her theme is pretty nice, too...

Mordekaiser es numero uno. HUEHUEHUE.

I play Jarvan IV and Hecarim normally. Typically only with premade teams.

I'm starting to fall in love with twitch and I don't know why.

Maybe its because of his kit.