Keriel

Songs in foreign languages

Faun's "Walpurgisnacht" popped up on my radar recently (native English speaker here) and I really love it. Can't sing more than a couple of lines yet, but I'm working on it.

I know of some German marches and Christmas songs, Du Hast by Rammstein (need to listen more of their music), Moskau by Dschinghis Khan, and one or two Swedish versions of Sabaton songs.

I'm rather fond of german songs

There's a really cool german cover of Havana :P

Yeah german songs :D at least i forgot many native songs from germany in radio or something but I love 

Adel tawil - ist da jemand

Max gisinger - wenn sie tanzt

Mark forster - wir sind gross

Lafee  - Ring frei

Die Ärzte - Westerland (i dont know why xd)

Mostly anime openings, as would be typical I guess. These two in particular.

I've also tried to better my french by listening to songs sung in french and this one especially has kind of stuck with me.

As it is, every English song is in a foreign language for me 😝 But I won't count them because that's not the point of this thread.

It made me think and I realised I actually don't listen to a lot of music if it's not in English, Spanish or French (neither of which are foreign to me). 

Still, if you ever want to listen to some songs in French, I recommend Jacques Brel (who was Belgian! not French, do not make the mistake), Francis Cabrel, France Gall, Charles Aznavour, Renaud, Rose, ZAZ (in a more modern note)... Their music is usually mellow and easy to follow. They're lovely.

I know more Spanish singers/groups. Pablo Alboran, Fito y Fitipaldis, Estopa, La Oreja de Van Gogh, Rosana... So many 😂

As in songs in foreign languages for me...

Some Italian songs! Umberto Tozzi is a classic :) 

This one is beautiful too:

Il cielo ha una porta sola, by Biagio Antonacci

I'm not a huge anime fan,  but some openings are super cool!

This one from SnK:

Shinzou wo Sasageyo, by Linked Horizon

And this one from Naruto Shippuden:

Blue Bird, by Ikimono Gakari

Edited by relaks

I specifically practiced singing in falsetto in order to sing this one. I'm an alto, but I can pull this off.

Here's a recording of me singing along from a while back. I've gotten even better since then: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0kXZrnuyVOl

Another song I've been obsessed with lately that I sing along to:

I also play a bunch of Japanese rhythm games, and I like to sing along with those songs, too.

Some of my favorites:

And of course... Vocaloid songs.

The BEST is the Leek Spin (in Finnish)

On 1/27/2012 at 7:58 PM, Dr. Paine said:

No love for Gaelic songs here?!

They're one hell of a pain to sing to, but it's well worth the effort.

I haven't had as regular access to compilations/other albums, which is by far the easiest and best way to find these songs, there's not a lot of them on Youtube. Two that I absolutely love and managed to find good versions of, though:

Dulaman, this particular version is by Anuna.

Marie Mhilis Bhrea, by Solas.

I love Dulaman,  I have been listening to Celtic Women for years and that is one of my favorite songs!

I know of a couple of songs, just can't sing them too well. Nos Heures Sombres by Sirenia and Lejonet Fran Norden by Sabaton are the ones I know of off the top of my head.

I know over a hundred Korean pop songs thanks to BTS, TXT, EXO and BLACKPINK.

I learnt some Korean from them but most of my singing would be broken Korean XD

Here are some recent addictions:

1. Boy with Luv by BTS

2. Dionysus by BTS

3. HOME by BTS

4. Cat and Dog by TXT

5. Tempo by EXO

6. Love Shot by EXO

7. Growl by EXO

8. Kill This Love by BLACKPINK 

9. Kick It by BLACKPINK 

10. MIROH by Stray Kidz

On 1/13/2018 at 10:50 AM, Bellumsaur13 said:

I know of some German marches and Christmas songs, Du Hast by Rammstein (need to listen more of their music), Moskau by Dschinghis Khan, and one or two Swedish versions of Sabaton songs.

Yay!! A fellow Sabaton fan!

my friend told me about this band a while back so Ive been listening to their songs a lot lately

Hope it's okay for me to post in here since it's been a while! But I would love to share some of my favorite foreign songs.

I'm Dutch myself, but I can enjoy tracks from all kinds of languages. Eurovision has really helped me find some of my favorite tracks. I still listen to some from the past few years.

My absolute favorite is saudade, saudade by MARO. It's sung in Portugese and English. It's a rather soft and emotional track, about losing someone close.

Another song that I don't know the exact meaning of is Soarele si Luna by Pasha Parfeni. That one is in Romanian.

I really enjoy Daði Freyr too. They make a lot of songs in English nowadays, but they have Icelandic songs too. One from my favorites is Takk.

Oh! And a good one to share too, is a group called TG Lurgan, who do covers of popular songs in Gaelic! They add their own flair to it too, it's very interesting to listen to.

There are so many languages! Music is such a beautiful way to get to know them. 🥰