Keriel

Songs in foreign languages

I LOVE Korean music. Japanese too. It's really the only music I like.

Kerli is also an awesome artist. She sings in English but she's from another country.

I can sing the entire first verse of Dovahkiin (the Skyrim theme tune) in Dragontongue biggrin.gif

I can also sing bits of various Vocaloid songs in Japanese. I almost exclusively listen to Vocaloids; the idea that 'normal' people expect music to be 1. in English and 2. sung by real people rather than computers seems weird to me xd.png

is the most beautiful song I have ever heard, and it really shows off how poetic the Japanese language can be (plus I like to listen to it before I go to bed and imagine that Kaito is singing it to me wub.gif )

Some of favourite songs:

T.M.Revolution - Resonance - Japanese

Culcha Candela - Monsta - German

And the classic

Caramell - Caramelldansen - Swedish

biggrin.gif

Estaman and all his Spanish glory.

fun fact: I'm dating his cousin while she is studying in America

Yes! I love and can sing lots of songs in Romanian <3

Dragostea Din Tei, Numai Tu, Oriunde Ai Fi, Te-Am Visat, Sarbatoarea Noptilor de Vara, Nu Ma Mai Cauta, Fara Ea...I could go on and on!

Nuapurista kuulu se polokan tahti jalakani pohjii kutkutti.

Ievan äiti se tyttöösä vahti vaan kyllähän Ieva sen jutkutti,

Sillä ei meitä silloin kiellot haittaa kun myö tanssimme laiasta laitaan.

Salivili hipput tupput täppyt äppyt tipput hilijalleen.

I have memorised Ievan Polkka's lyrics, even the "gibberishy" part. I like to sing it biggrin.gif it's fun! But the song by Loituma, not Hatsune Miku.

First foreign-language song I ever memorized!

Someone mentioned t.A.T.u, I know quiet a few of their Russian songs by heart (tho if you asked me to translate them I'd have no idea....)

A friend recorded herself singing Christina Aguilara's "Reflections" in Japanese, and I sorta memorized that just on accident.

Oh, Jennifer Lopez's "Si Ya Se Acabo" .... Which was, strangely, the only song I actually liked from that particular album.

Yes! I love and can sing lots of songs in Romanian <3

Dragostea Din Tei, Numai Tu, Oriunde Ai Fi, Te-Am Visat, Sarbatoarea Noptilor de Vara, Nu Ma Mai Cauta, Fara Ea...I could go on and on!

Since you know Rumanian can you help me with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9x_Mz-55ME is a song from a movie and the actress said is traditional Romanian, I'm looking for the whole song. Since you're keen on this can you find it and post it or pm it to me?

Since I fluently speak German, I can sing all of Tokio Hotel's songs. Gotta love Bill Kaulitz x'3

Ievan Polka by Loituma

Dragostea din tei by Ozone (known to most Americans as "Numa Numa")

Oh, and the Elfen Lied theme, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann theme, and the Japanese theme for Digimon Data Squad (known as Digimon Savers in Japan).

I can only sing parts of Ievan Polka, but as long as I have the music going, I can sing Dragostea din Tei

Edited by Oriolous

Oi Tam na Gori-- Ukrainian song, Oh there on the mountain.

I am a native Russian speaker so I love singing russian songs such as:

Ti mne veresh ili net? (Old Russian song from a really old movie--translated to Do you Believe me or not?)

Ochi Chyornye (Russian gypsy song, translated to "Dark Eyes")

Korobeiniki (translated to "The Peddler", it's a folk song but it was remixed into the "Tetris song". But there are actually words to the original song xd.png)

and Prekrasnoye Daleko (Glorious far, another Russian song)

I can sing along to K-pop especially OSTs from Korean dramas. xd.png I ended up studying Korean so I could pronounce the words correctly.

my favorites...

Winter Child (a birthday song for people born in the winter)

Smile (The Comfort Song) by Jung Yong-hwa from Heartstrings

So Give Me A Smile by M Signal from Heartstrings

Closer by Taeyeon from To The Beautiful You

Michidorok (Madly) by FT Island

Barae (I Hope) by FT Island

Paradise by Infinite

Jikyeojulkke (I Will Protect You) by Jaejoong from Protect The Boss

Balgeoreum (Footsteps), Jaejoong's version

Blind Love by CNBlue (it's in Japanese)

Georeul Geomnida... Ijeul Geomnida (I Will Forget You) by CNBlue

Saram, Sarang (Person, Love) by Lena Park and Kim Bum-soo

I can also sing along to Alone from Gensomaden Saiyuki (Japanese) and Momo (Quietly) by Fahrenheit from the Taiwanese drama ToGetHer xd.png

I really love Icelandic music. People like Sigur Rós and Björk, although she sings in English most of the time.

Sigur Rós's

Sigur Rós's E-Bow

Sigur Rós's

Sigur Rós's

Björk's

Austin Wintory's I Was Born For This

And probably Thylacine's Intuitive and Waan's Birth I honestly can't tell what language the lyrics are in, is it English is it French????????????/ Who knows.

(I can't sing these songs at all how do lyrics I only know I Was Born For This)

Edited by Anak

There're very few music that I listen are in my own language, and English is a foreign language to me. But apart from English, I listen to quite a few German music. This song I hum a lot recently: Herzschlag by Cephalgy

Dragostea din tei by Ozone (known to most Americans as "Numa Numa")

*bows* My respect! I ADORE O-Zone, they are my FAVORITE band EVER! Too bad they dissolved in 2005 :'( What a tragedy! (I LOVE the Romanian language!!!!!) And DDT is their BEST song, hands down (except perhaps for De La Mine). That's how I first learned of the existence of the Romanian language, by the way tongue.gif Smitten ever since! What a beautiful love song in a beautiful language, and with a catchy refrain too!

Some of my other faves are:

„Unde-i Dragostea” (Where Is Love) by Liviu Hodor ft. Mona

„Despre Tine” (About You) by O-Zone

„Nu Mă Las de Limba Noastră” (I Do Not Give Up our Language) by O-Zone

„Sărbătoarea Nopților de Vară” (Summer Night’s Celebration) by O-Zone

„De La Mine” (From Me) by O-Zone

„Crede–Mă” (Believe Me) by O-Zone

„Numai Tu” (Only You) by O-Zone

„Iubirea Ca un Drog” (Love Like a Drug) by Mr. și Mrs.

„Fără Ea” (Without Her) by Refflex

„Nu Mă Mai Căuta” (Don’t Search For Me Anymore) by Arsenie Todiraș

„Number 1" by O-Zone

„VIP" by O-Zone

I can sing them all once I learn the lyrics wink.gif Romanian pronunciation is easy, save for the â/î and ă diacritics biggrin.gif

Edited by Princess Kiara

And DDT is their BEST song, hands down (except perhaps for De La Mine).

Slightly OT but please someone slap me. Despite reading the convo, I forgot DDT stood for 'Dragostea din tei' there, and the first thing I thought of was dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (the pesticide). *facepalm* I was like, wow, there's a song about that? I've got to listen to it. lol

But indeed it's a cool song. It's one of those that I kept hearing everywhere and never got around to searching up its name. So thanks for that! biggrin.gif

On topic, I totally know the lyrics to some Korpiklaani songs by heart: Tuoppi Oltta and my absolute favourite from the band, Louhen Yhdeksäs Poika. tongue.gif Learnt those a looong while ago, back when I was obsessed with Finnish (still know practically none of it), but I just tried to sing both, turns out I'm a bit rusty on the second one but no problem with the first. HOW. (I seem to love memorizing pointless crap. Reciting the whole periodic table, sure. Learning a bunch of lyrics that seem like gibberish to me, why not. Studying for school? Naaahhh... Brain why.)

I've also been annoying my family with Katyusha (Russian) for a while now. I might need to learn the entire lyrics to that so I can take it up a notch xd.png *knows only the first part*

I really wish I could sing all the Attack on Titan songs. They're so catchy but I don't know Japanese so it's really hard to sing along blink.gif

My first language is english but i can sing in both japanese and korean

BoA- Every Heart (english, japanese, korean)

BoA-Quincy (korean)

BoA-Amazing Kiss (japanese)

Aqua Timez- Velonica

Do As Infinity- Fukai Mori

The GaZettE- Shiver

And many many more smile.gif

Un'Altra Te by Eros Ramazotti. I actually learned Italian specifically so I could understand this song.

I also have quite a bit of old (I'm talking 60s though 90s) Hindi movie songs that I love and can sing along to. They show a lot of Bollywood movies in Sri Lanka, being so close to India xd.png

(Just for clarification, my mother tongue is Sinhalese and English is my second language which I daily use now that I live in the USA).

Dominique by Soeur Marie (Sister Marie, can't do fancy thing with oe sad.gif )

I can sing it and really love it!

I can speak French, but not quite fluently yet!

Such a good song!

I really love Icelandic music. People like Sigur Rós and Björk, although she sings in English most of the time.

Sigur Rós's

Sigur Rós's E-Bow

Sigur Rós's

Sigur Rós's

Cannot believe I've found another Sigur Rós fan!!

Sigur Rós are my all-time favourite band, and I can sing a majority of their Icelandic songs. [They also sing in a made-up language. I don't know if that counts] I'm studying Icelandic, and let me tell you, their songs really help.

I also know a couple of Japanese songs, but mainly they're anime OSTs.

Someone higher in the thread also mentioned Gangnam Style... I'm ashamed to say I learned all the words to that song when it came out.