Keriel

Songs in foreign languages

I can't watch TV/movies that are in other languages (I can barely tolerate them subbed)

But I certainly don't mind listening to music in foreign languages. You don't have to know the words to feel the emotion.

I listen to various Spanish songs from when I was taking Spanish in high school and some calming French tunes.

I've also come to like Man With A Mission. Normally their songs are partially sung in English, partially in Japanese.

Songs in foreign languages? Some of my favorites would be

FMA-Brajta

RSP-Sakura

The first one is in Russian, second one in Japanese, third one in Chinese, and the last two are in Spanish.

Tokio Hotel by far the best foreign band I have ever heard!

I remember my friend told me about one of their songs, Ready,Set,Go! And I've been devoted and pre ordered their CD's.

i like german songs, especially OOMPH!

the only song i've memorized though is Labyrinth. i love that song <3 i've also almost gotten Fieber down, though.

As for Tokio Hotel, i've just recently discovered Spring Nicht. lovelovelove~

Spring Nicht is a good one, but I like Frei Im Freien Fall the best. People tell me I should listen to Rammstein but I just can't get into their songs as well as I'd like to.

sad.gif

I can usually sing along to most Swedish folk songs. I have trouble with Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Icelandic, and Faroese, though. Some good ones are Herr Holkin (Swedish), Herr Mannelig (Swedish), and Regin Smidur by Tyr (Faroese). Most of Tyr's songs are lovely and I recommend them to anyone who likes Vikings and the sort.

My favourite song ever,

DotA

Its swedish and I can sing the lot...

No love for Gaelic songs here?!

They're one hell of a pain to sing to, but it's well worth the effort.

I haven't had as regular access to compilations/other albums, which is by far the easiest and best way to find these songs, there's not a lot of them on Youtube. Two that I absolutely love and managed to find good versions of, though:

Dulaman, this particular version is by Anuna.

Marie Mhilis Bhrea, by Solas.

I like Gaelic songs too. I remember Dulaman. I think my favorite is Croi Croga(I probably spelled that wrong), by Clannad. I admit I am a big fan of Clannad, as well as Altan.

I can't stand languages other than Polish (my native) or English. I just can't, and I don't know why. French is to difficult, Spanish music is actually not for me, German is too, uhm 'hard". Maybe it is like that because I only know English and Polish...?

I listen to a lot of songs in other languages, but for some reason, I have trouble singing songs in languages that I can't speak.

I usually prefer songs that I can understand just because lyrics mean a lot to me, but if a song is really good, it won't matter too much to me that it's in a different language.

Japanese Song= <3 <3 <3 <3

But I also like music in Finnish! biggrin.gif

We had an exchange student in my school, and she was from Finland, and she made me familiar with Finnish music and culture! :3

Any people here who are/love Finland? biggrin.gif

I have quite a lot of japanese songs in my iTunes library. My native language is danish but I'm perfectly fine with english songs (and other languages).

I'm quite a fan of Vocaloid even though it's a program xd.png I just love Luka, Kaito and Miku! Some of the songs that are made with that program are simply gorgeous!

I also have a lot of music from animes from when I used to watch it a lot smile.gif

I also have a few tracks from Gackt and some music from Eurovision. A European song contest that happends once a year.

I also have a single french song I do not know the name of xd.png

Oh! And the Skyrim theme! I guess that can go under the 'forren language'-category? blink.gif

I was in a children's chorus as a kid (we were really awesome), and we performed songs in czech, german, french, chinese, serbian, latin, finnish, and gaelic (and english). I still remember all of them. smile.gif

Edited by Leidarendi

I sometimes sing Zulu or Xhosa songs. Mostly because I remember them from my school choir days.

The song I like the most is The Click Song by Miriam Makeba.

Thou I still like my Afrikaans music which is my first language

Edited by DragonSpirit009

Nuapurista kuulu se polokan tahti jalakani pohjii kutkutti.

Ievan äiti se tyttöösä vahti vaan kyllähän Ieva sen jutkutti,

Sillä ei meitä silloin kiellot haittaa kun myö tanssimme laiasta laitaan.

Salivili hipput tupput täppyt äppyt tipput hilijalleen.

I have memorised Ievan Polkka's lyrics, even the "gibberishy" part. I like to sing it biggrin.gif it's fun! But the song by Loituma, not Hatsune Miku.

There's a version in Russian too, Finskaya Polka by DJ Slon. I'm currently attempting to memorise it too, but I couldn't find the full lyrics yet.

I plan to memorise more foreign songs (Russian, German, Finnish, Swedish, etc). I just need to find some cool songs in those languages.

It's fun to do this! laugh.gif

(I did try to memorise Rammstein songs as for example Mein Herz brennt, but the meaning of the lyrics are... awkward to me lol)

Edit: Have you heard of "Sonne", by Rammstein? And the Russian version? biggrin.gif

Edited by Slytherin7

I like russian duo T.A.T.U's songs, nas nye dogonyat and lyudy invalidy

and there's one hetalia song in finnish..and all japanese songs^^

especially yui's songs

No one has mentioned Gangnam style?! ohmy.gif

And to ad to my earlier mentioned things, Coeur de Pirate has to be one of the best things I know to have left Montréal.

And since I was one of four people on the bus who considers french a foreign language... decemeber 21st 2012=

Been listening to a fair bit of Ivan Rebroff and Russian songs lately. v_v)b

I can sing 'Numa Numa'. laugh.gif

Also, 'Manos al Aire' by Nelly Furtado, and a bit of the Russian Gypsy Jazz version of Friendship is Witchcraft's 'Pinkie's Brew'. And a teeny-tiny-smidgen bit of 'C'est dan notre histoire', a French brony song.

I love songs in other languages. ANY language. I find them so pretty and mysterious.

I can sing some folk metal in dutch and german, and some songs from eluveitie in gaulish, most foreign language songs i listen to are germanic and celtic folk songs, and some baltic and finnish and estonian

Taikatalvi - Nightwish Finland

Lappi I- Nightwish Finland

Tarakihi- Kiri te Kanawa Maori http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV88zD55_zc

Itsumo Nando Demo- Yumi Kimura Japanese? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnWVhgHihA0

Kalashnikov- Goran Bregovic Yugoslavian

Mesecina- Goran Bregovic Yugoslavian

Hijo de la luna - Haggard (my favourite edition) Spanish

Los libertadores - Maria Farantouri Spanish

Corazon Espinado - Santana Spanish

Voda - Elitsa Dotorova & Stoyan Yankulov

esli v serdce - Julia Savicheva Russian

Kardesin duymaz - Maria Farantouri Turkish

Nessuno Mi Può Giudicare - Caterina Caselli Italian

Non Ti Scordar Mai Di Me - Giusy Ferreri Italian

Padam - Edith Piaf France

Non, Je ne regrette rien - Edith Piaf France

Alors on dance - stromae France

Du hast - Ramstein Germany (I don't know the lyrics)

Am Fenster - City Germany http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZg13WRDhgM