Kursedfire

Kimba Vs Simba

Who do you think is the Original King?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who is the Original King? I want to see people opinions on this.

In my opinion I prefer Kimba (Or Leo, is his original name) to Simba and the Lion King

For those who dont know Kimba

Leo the Jungle Emperor is a movie based on the events after Kimba the White Lion featuring Kimba (Leo)a father and current ruler.....

Also featuring Dan Green as Kimba, Tara Sands as Lune, Michael Sinterniklaas as Tommy and many more

Edited by Kursedfire

Kimba is definitely the original, but as far as preference goes, I prefer Simba. Even if he is a copy. ._.

Edited by AngelKitty

Same as AngelKitty. I know Kimba went first, and I so believe the plagiarism story and all that, but for me, TLK will always be better, and so will Simba.

I love Kimba too, though.

...Kimba? ._. Who dat?

/chooses Mufasa

It's... Damned obvious which came first, just look at the dates. Kimba preceded TLK by... What, 30 years or something?

I personally think what I've heard of the similarities are a bit too much to be coincidence, but considering I've not had the good fortune to be able to have any real experience with Kimba aside from the "Jungle Emperor Leo" movie (yet, hopefully I can change that soon!~), I can't really say anything from personal observation.

But from what I know, Kimba all the way. Definitely. Besides, Dan Green is his voice.

Edited by KageSora

...Kimba? ._. Who dat?

/chooses Mufasa

O_O You... you haven't heard of Kimba the White Lion?

/childhood love

... XD It's so cheesy.

But more seriously, I have gotta choose the Lion King. <3 Gimme dem yellow cats any day.

I prefer Simba. I grew up watching TLK but I only recently heard about Kimba (like a year ago or so)

I know Kima came first and a white lion is pretty cool.

But I still like Simba.

Kimba?

...Is that some kind of candy? o3o

Well, obviously I chose Simba 'cause I've never even heard of Kimba. c:

:::Edit::: Ah, my bad, I didn't see WonderBubbles' post. I should really read before I post... *clicks the link*

Edited by Felicityluff

Love Simba more since he's more familiar. He's my childhood, darnit xd.png

I have heard of Kimba before, when my dad went on a rant about how TLK was just copying his original show. The white lion may have come first, but I like Simba more~

I know who Kimba is, but I don't recall watching the movie. Lion King, however, I watched over and over again as a child. Simba steals my heart. <3

I say Kimba. Wasn't he Mufasa's son who died before Simba was born or something, i cant remember.

Edited by rogue-fox

i havent watched TLK recently enough to remember much, but i have Kimba on tape. kimba always looks like a mouse to me. O.o but, i havent watched either to recently so i cant really decide. :< loved them both, for all i remember X3

Picked Simba since I'd never heard of Kimba before.

I picked Simba because I haven't heard of Kimba before until now. Interesting.

Kimba is definitely the original, but as far as preference goes, I prefer Simba. Even if he is a copy. ._.

This.

I can't be too upset about Disney stealing from Tezuka - Tezuka was heavily influenced by Disney to begin with!

Edit: If we're going with characters rather than movies, I prefer Kimba. But Disney's movie was much more theatrical aka what one would expect.

Edited by Zovesta

I've never really liked the whole "kimba vs simba" thing.

I really like both of them. I grew up with simba but kimba has a better character.

I like Sarabi and Nala more than Simba though.