Sourwhatup

Family or Friends?

Who would you rather go out with? (Dinner, Movies, etc.)  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay so I was out with my family this afternoon and I just was bored to death. I kept telling myself that I would rather go out with friends than be with my family no joke.

A lot of people will probably have different opinions on this but I just don't know why my family is boring.

I mean yeah we have BBQ's on Sundays sometimes or whatever, but I'm tired of it. And I do enjoy spending time with my family but only sometimes, right now I am someone who'd rather go out with friends and have a nice time.

The reason I posted this is because I was talking with my ''mother'' -.- about it and she kept countering my every opinion saying you always have time for everything blah blah, I was kinda tired of it.

Anyways so post your opinions on this, I'd really like some feedback on my opinion too, but it's not needed.

Depends. XD

I'd much rather hang with my friends if my gramma is gonna drag along to visit my great-aunt and my great-granny. I love my aunt, granny, and gramma, but all they talk about is 'the old days', old movies, and family history. This happened to me today. Two hours, nothing but family history and old movies from the 30's and 40's.

Now if my mom is going on a massive shopping trip and I might get books out of the equation... I'm going shopping with ma, not out to bum around the park with my buddies. XD

Yeah I could understand that. It would also depend for me too.. But mostly I'd want to hang out with my friends xd.png.

Only way I'd go with my family somewhere is if it were to an amusement park or just vacation.

And even then I'd sometimes prefer to go with friends.

Friends. Always friends. I can't think of an exception off the top of my head.

Family is frustrating, to say the least.

Family. My family is awesome, except for my mom. My friends used to be awesome, but now they are too busy trying to get laid and making very demeaning comments about women that it's just not that fun to be around them anymore. And when I'm with my family, I don't have to worry about any of them taking my cell phone and putting goatse images as the wallpaper. And I don't have to worry about them stuffing their phone in my face to show me a naked picture of some girl they just slept with or hear about all the fake names they give to girls in case the girls get pregnant.

Plus when I'm with my family I can be quiet or moody and it's okay. When I'm with my friends, I always feel as if I have to put on a show and entertain them in some way.

I find that family and friends can be frustrating. Have to admit that I enjoy my own company. When I am in a social mood it's pretty much a toss up; can go with friends of family. Tend to mix the two anyway.

Well, it would really depend which friends/family members in question.

I'd rather hang out with my mother than quite a few of my friends, but being that I'm the oldest child and she is an only parent, we are incredibly close. I'd really put friends as a preference over any other family, though.

family.

i have few friends, and the friends i do have aren't very close. i feel more comfortable with family, since even though they're my parents, they feel more like best friends or close siblings than parents. and we treat each other as such. im grown up enough for them, and theyre childish enough for me. id say my relationship with my father is closer to the relationship of two siblings than a father and child. also, im an only child, so he really is mostly a sibling to me. (of course, he's still be the man of the house to me when necessary.) theres even "sibling rivalry" between us sometimes. when i hang with friends without my parents, they feel a little like strangers, or simply "people i know" rather than "BFFs". but with my dad, no one else matters. wink.gif hes like a taller, bigger, older kid, and more of a "BFF" than anyone else i know. :<

Plus when I'm with my family I can be quiet or moody and it's okay. When I'm with my friends, I always feel as if I have to put on a show and entertain them in some way.

See that's the thing though. My family hates that, they get pissed when I don't talk or I seem ''Mad''.. While my friends don't care cause they know I'm quiet. Instead THEY put on the show XD

When I go out with my family, they'll usually spot me some money for stuff, whereas if I go out with friends, then I have to pay for everything. So that's a point for family.

I've also got a sister my age who I will go out with, and so, she's closer to "friend" as far as interactions between the two of us go, but because she technically lives in the same house as me, I'm counting her as family for this.

I don't have that many friends beyond my family, so family wins out for me. Although I will go out with some friends, who are very awesome.

See that's the thing though. My family hates that, they get pissed when I don't talk or I seem ''Mad''.. While my friends don't care cause they know I'm quiet. Instead THEY put on the show xd.png

See but that's when you can go "NOTHING GOD LEAVE ME ALONE". What can they do, disown you tongue.gif ? Friends can ditch you at anytime.

I forgot to say that the only reason I didn't choose 'by myself' is because even though I prefer being alone to anything else, I would never go out to dinner or to a movie by myself.

Edited by Syaoransbear

Family. My family (at least some of them) are amazing, and we're pretty close knit.

Although please note that in 'family' I do include the 'semi-adopted' bit of that. Given that it's not like it's just a friend I'm as close as a brother to, his parents consider me adopted family too as does his actual blood-brother.

Y'know it just occured to me... does no one else get on with and like to hang out with their siblings? I have one blood-sister, three cousins I was raised so closely with they might as well be sisters, and two semi-adopted brothers... between the six of them we do pretty well for enjoying doing things together. Especially now wee ones are turning up!

I way prefer friends to social gatherings. I like going out to lunch or dinner with my moms sometimes, but things like vacation or long trips I really want/need at least one friend with me, or else I'm bored out of my skull. Especially if it's just my moms, me, and my little sister in like, Hawaii or something, I get so bored, just because there's no one my age to joke or hang out with. And I don't make new friends well by myself x)

That saying, I did take my little sister to see Puss and Boots today in the theaters, and that was pretty fun.

Why not both? biggrin.gif I consider my friends to be my family. x3 Sometimes I want to spend some time alone, though. :3

Friends. tongue.gif Mainly because most of my family lives in another city, so I don't get to see them that often anymore, other than my sister. But yeah, while it's nice to go out for dinner with her every now and then, I'd prefer to hang out with mates. They're easier to deal with. tongue.gif

I would rather be with either my family or by myself. My experiences with friends and their loyalties is rocky to say the least and I would rather not get into it.

Y'know it just occured to me... does no one else get on with and like to hang out with their siblings? I have one blood-sister, three cousins I was raised so closely with they might as well be sisters, and two semi-adopted brothers... between the six of them we do pretty well for enjoying doing things together. Especially now wee ones are turning up!

I get along amazingly with my two brothers. They are both hilarious.

Well, the line between "friends" and "family" can be somewhat convoluted seeing how long we have known each other, but I would say friends for the most part, if I could include my older sister.

I get along very well with my older sister, but not my younger one that often.

To go to the movies? Friends. I have a younger brother, so PG-13 movies are a no around him, let alone R. Thus I end up watching something not fun whenever I go with my family, when I could be watching something cooler with my friends.

To eat? Family. Even though my brother is so freaking picky, I don't really like going with my friends because I can never go somewhere I want to eat, and it's hard to find somewhere we all eat. My whole family is vegetarian, so it makes it much easier, a one-size-fits-all kind of deal. But one of my friend is a vegan raw-foodist, and my other friends really like meat, so...

Friends are the family you choose.

And give my family and I have a bad relationship with each other as well, it's an easy call all round.

Friends are the family you choose.

[...]

This.

I like my family, but there aren't as important to me as my friends are.

I like being alone sometimes, but the happiest moments of my life happened all when I was with my friends.

It doesn't really matter to me. My friends are great, but so are my cousins and stepbrothers.