Fire-Ice

Freedom Hills: A Mustang RP

Sage turned her head as she noticed a stallion, his head low. Slowly she walked over to him, and lowered her head as well to look at him. "Hello? Are you okay?" she asked the horse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi Silver. Runaways?" Foxlilly asked bewildered. She shook her head. "No, we were born wild... Why did you leave your humans? Do you not like them anymore?" she asked shyly.

Silver's eyes widened. "You were born wild," she asked with exitment. "Oh, that's amazing! I mean, I'd heard stories about wild horses, but I never expected- Sorry. Um... No, I didn't much like them, but... It's more like they didn't like me." She shook her head quickly. "What's it like, living in the wild? What do you do all day?"

Foxlilly tipped her head to the side, deep in thought. "Well... I usually just follow Sage and Raven around," she said, nodding her head to indicate the buckskin mare and the black stallion in turn. "When there are storms like this, we'd usually go find some place to get out of the rain and wind, but we where just swimming in the lake when the storm came, so we haven't really gotten anywhere... If you want, you can come with us? Our herd is small, but it'll grow in time, I hope," she invited the mare.

Silver gave a sharp whicker of joy. A herd! Oh, this was better than she'd hoped! "Of course! You're my friend now, Foxlilly. I'd be happy to come with you!"

Foxlilly stepped forward and gave Silver a hug, resting her chin over Silver's neck. "Friends," she repeated, happy to have made a new friend so quickly. Pulling away, she turned and slowly started towards Raven.

The black stallion turned and spotted Foxlilly with Silver. "And who might this be, Foxlilly?" he inquired, setting his eyes on Silver. It didn't look like she came from another herd, so he figured she'd be fine, so he looked back at Foxlilly.

"Silver!" she replied happily. "Can she join our herd?"

Raven nodded to Sage, her head low as she tried to figure out what another horse looked so upset for. "You'll have to ask her," he told the two.

Foxlilly nodded and laid down. She'd have to wait untill Sage was done, or else she'd be being rude. She looked up at Silver, her eyes gleaming with joy. She had a new friend and was going to have a new herd mate!

Silver lay down next to Foxlilly. "So, where are we headed once the rain stops? Are there other herds of wild horses out here? What are their names? Actually, what are these horses names? What games do you like to play? Am I asking too many questions?" The appaloosa mare rested her head on her knees with an embarassed giggle. "Sorry. I can get a bit over-exited... Well, it happens quite often."

Foxlilly laughed. She liked her new friend. "We'll probably go home to the plains when the rain is over," she replied, nodding towards the flat grassy lands. "Yes, there are other herds... or at least there where. We haven't seen them for a while. It was Tonto's herd on the plateau reagons, and Willow's herd on the hills," she continued, nodding at each area in turn. Then she nodded to the black stallion, "That is Raven," and then to the buckskin mare, "and that is Sage. Sage leades our herd." Then she lifted her head to look at the clouds and watch as the rain came down, then stood up. She looked at Silver playfully. "I'll teach you what games I play," she replied, angling her ears to indicate Raven. Slowly she turned to him, and began walking in a big circle around him. He turned his head to watch her, trying to figure out what she was doing. Then she turned and kicked out with her back legs, splattering his side with wet mud.

"Hey!" he shouted at her. She ran and he gave chace. Suddenly she stopped, and so did he. Foxlilly watched him intently. He then turned and kicked out his legs, splattering mud all over her side as well. Foxlilly laughed, and Raven fell to his side laughing. The two looked like mud monsters!

Laughing at the sight of the two, Silver scrambed up. Rearing, she came down hard on both forlegs, splattering everyone with mud. "Whee," she whickered. "Oh, this is fun!" If this was what every day was like when you were wild, then Silver was glad to be free!

Raven laughed and walked over to Silver, rubbing his side all along her, getting her nice and muddy. "Then when it's hot out, the mud dries and keeps you cool," Foxlilly told her, shaking her head to get some mud out of her nose. Then she laughed again. Silver was going to be okay wild, she'd be all okay.

((Night! I'll post more tomorrow! smile.gif))

((Hello everyone! Sorry I was gone for a while.... I removed natcar9 from the character list... Do we know if anyone is else is not coming back for sure?))

Tonto quickened his stride to catch up to Zuri. He was glad that she was leading them. The one thing he didn't tell his herd was that he forgot where the cave was. The rain pleted against his hide as he finally caught up to the front. "Hey Zuri," he managed to get out. He ran next to the for a while catching his breath. "Thanks again for leading us here." The mouth of the cave was only a few feet away and then suddenly, he felt the rain no longer hitting him and he slowed down. Soon, he came to a stop and walked back to the front of the cave to make sure all the other horses made it in alright. Once the last horse entered he stood in front of the herd and said, "I would like to thank Zuri for helping to lead us here. We will wait here until the storm passes."

Willow slowly moved her head and examined the area where her head was currently stationed. After one of the lightning bolts, she thought that she had seen another horse in the bushes, but now it was gone. She waited for a few seconds, but when nothing emerged she shouted over the loud drumbeat of the oncoming rain, "Hello! If there is someone there, you can come out! You don't have to hide in that bush!" The rain continued to fall and Willow, shook some water droplets from her mane and tail while waiting for a response.

Zuri nodded her head "Anytime, Tonto. I'm so glad to finally have the herd out of the rain." She could see all the herd members shaking the rain off their fur to dry up. Being the always concerned mare she was, she checked up on the foals to make sure they didn't have colds.

Aaron walked a little closer and stated his reason for coming here. "I just..need to find some shelter from the rain. Trust me, I'll be out of your hair once I do find some shelter."

sage looked at him an nodded. "no need to leave," she told him, then looked up to see three horses drenched in mud. raising her voice, she called over the rain, "come on everybody, this way," and began leading them off to shelter amongs her plains. as they neared a large fallen tree, the ground began to slope downwards into a small cave, just big enough for all of them and a few more. "watch your head," she called as she began into the cave.

Aaron was grateful for the cave and his legs nearly collapsed beneath him as he made it inside. "Thanks." He spoke briefly and quickly. His voice was harsh because he wasn't used to talking to other horses. He still showed gratitude in his eyes.

Sage nodded to aaron and layed down as well. When Foxlilly noticed Aaron on the ground, she went over to him and layed next to him, looking at his face. "are you okay?" she asked him.

Looking around the cave, Silver was amazed, and a bit frightened. it's awfully dark in there, she thought. But Foxlilly and Sage don't seem to mind... Alright, I'll try it. Hesitant, she walked a few steps into the cave. A flash of lightning and a booming thunderclap hurried her pace. Neighing loudly, she ran to where the others were, terrified.

Raven gently pressed his head to Silver's flank. "It's okay, you're safe in here," he told her. Then he nodded to Sage, and said, "This is Silver, and she appears to be Foxlilly's new best friend." Sage nodded and came over to greet Silver.

"Hello Silver, I am Sage. I lead the small herd of these plains, and you are welcome to join if you'd like. Make yourself at home; we won't be leaving for a while..."

Aaron looked over to Foxlily and gave a slight nod of his head "I'm fine," he grumbled "I'll leave just as soon as the storm stops. I'm still thankful your herd helped me find shelter." It was painfully obvious Aaron wasn't used to all the other horses, but he could talk to one of them at a time. "You probably know by now that I am a loner, also I don't 'believe' in living in herds."

Silver nodded sheepishly. "Thank you, Raven," she said, "and you too, Sage. I'll be happy to join." She looked nervously at the cave entrance. "Does it storm like this often," she asked in a whisper.

Sage shook her head. "No, not often. This is the worst one we've had for a while; it nocked down an old yew tree and several small others. Sometimes they'll even create fires, but thankfully we haven't had one of those for ages. If you don't mind me asking, where are you from?"

Foxlilly nodded her head, understanding glimmering in her bright brown eyes. She looked away, watching the small streaks of rain as it sped past. No one should be alone out in something like that. she thought to herself as the sky lit like fire for a second, and then there was a loud crack of thunder. Foxlilly winced, remembering hearing that as one of her long lost friends of a horse farm was hit by a long and thin whip just to make her go faster. Wild born horses didn't need to have to feel that or be shelter born to know that something like that is extremly painful. She lowered her head to rest by her hoofs, and closed her eyes, listening to the soft song of the rain.

Silver winced slightly, but shook her head. "I... Used to be a racehorse. I love running, but not when the humans make me do it." She hung her head. "They were mean," she murmured. "Really mean..."

Sage sighed. "I understand what you mean... Foxlilly had a friend from human land, we aren't sure where she is now; probably at some other farm, and Foxlilly could tell she didn't like it there. Foxlilly may not have been shelter born or a human's horse, but she is scared for life by the mark they have left in her heart through her friend. You just might be the only one who can fix that mark, I can see it in her eyes. She loves you as a friend ever more feircly because she doesn't want to lose you like she lost her other friend, and through her other friend, she understands what you've gone through. She'd do anything for you and with you, so long as it means that you aren't gone."

((Hehehe... I've gots a plan! happy.gif I think you might like it, Alenaria))

Aaron did anything but fall asleep. The rain pouring on the roof of the cave kept him awake. Instead, he just stared at the rain from the cave's mouth. He kept an emotionless face.

From time to time he would overhear what the other horses where talking about. When he realized they got into a conversation about human, he shook his head silently. I can't believe one of these horses were actually caught by humans before. If it were me, all they would catch is the dust. Aaron thought with pride oozing in every thought. He didn't say anything to them, but instead kept listening in.

Foxlilly twitched her ears, her eyes still closed, as she listed to everything; the rain, the thunder, the wind, the others talking, even Aaron's quiet movements. Why wasn't he sleeping? Keeping her eyes shut, she tried to continue to convince Aaron that she was sleeping. Possibly if she kept the act up long enough, he would feel more comfortable and possibly safe enough to fall asleep. "It's alright," she murmured to him quietly. "You're safe here." She could tell that he didn't like being in a cave - no place for a horse she thought - but he had to understand that he'd be fine. One way or another. "You need to get some sleep," she continued, tilting her head towards him, slightly opening one eye. "If it makes you feel any safer, I can sit at the entrance and keep guard."

Aaron was surprised Foxlilly was still awake. When she made the offer to keep on guard, a rare half-smile appeared on his face. "Thanks for the offer but you need to rest just as much as I do." Foxilly was accurate about Aaron being wary of humans, but the longer he stayed here the less likely it seemed a human would come along to this dark cave.

Sleeplessness was starting to make his eyes droop. "Well, I guess little naptime won't be all that bad." Aaron said, trying to think back the last time he had proper sleep.

Foxlilly slightly nodded her head, glad to see he was apparently feeling at least a little better. She closed her eyes, and her breath slowed a little, as she fell into sleep. "Good night," she whispered just before sleep completed it's quest of shutting down her mind for the night. As a scene came into her mind through the long fingers of her sleep, she saw her friend. "Sanga!" she called to the dream-ghost horse. The white horse turned her bright and happy face to Foxlilly, but then a shadow crossed over the grass field, flat as paper. It reached Sanga and slowly, it began to crawl up her legs. Sanga threw her milky-white head, clearly in pain, as the shadow moved from her back legs up her back, and to her face. Foxlilly cried in horror as Sanga's whole body began to run red and the loud crack of a whip resounded through the dawn air. "Sanga!!" Foxlilly tried to run to her friend's side, but something kept her in place. Looking down, she saw the shadow had moved to her. Throwing her head from side to side, she screamed to herself "Wake up, wake up!!" As the shadow crawled to her neck, everything pulverized to dust, and she was left walking in a dark abyss. "Hello?" she called. No answer. She decided to continue walking, and finally her mind went to rest, and the was deep in sleep.