Skulexander

Lost Pets

EDIT: No, brown snakes aren't garter snakes. I mean brown snakes as in Storeria dekayi. And yes stolen pets count. EDIT: Did you have a pet stolen from you? D:

I've had several pets stolen.

It's actually a fairly big market (here, at least), where people will steal lost pets and wait until they have reward pictures posted or if not, they'll try to sell them.

Princess, the dalmationxgsd that my mother gave to my father before they were married. They went on vacation once and left her at a kennel, where the owner left the big black dog out in the 80ºF sun with no food, water, or shelter for several days. When they came back from vacation they found her there, dead. She was only 3 =\

Pooch, the labxgsd that my parents rescued at 3 weeks old when my biological sister was 1. Her dame was a prize show shepherd that had run off during her heat. The owners had put the puppies in a sack and were going to toss them into a river. I didn't even know people still did that =\ Pooch was put down after her long fight with liver cancer at age 12. I was in 4th grade.

Queenie, the purebred (possibly byb) gsd that my father bought from a farm for $100. Sadly she was never really "healthy" and she had to be mercifully put down on my 16th birthday. She was 6.

Rusty, a white-with-red moggie tom that won my mom's heart. He was 21 when she finally had to put him down. I wasn't born yet, but my sister was.

Nala, a feral queen that was mostly white with grey markings. My mom got her for me when I started kindergarten. We had her until two years ago when she lost the battle with colon cancer. We estimate that she was between 14 and 16 since she wasn't quite a kitten when we got her.

Jesse, Tess, and Kimmy. Two teddybear hamsters and one Russian dwarf. The teddybears died from wet tail but Kimmy had some sort of tumor on her belly.

Namine, Roxas, Riku, Sora, and Precious. Alternatively; Pepper, Salt, Cinnamon, Ginger, and Paprika since my mom couldn't pronounce Kingdom Hearts names. It started with two "male" gerbils, originally Sora (now Namine) and Roxas. "Sora" turned out to be a pregnant female and was renamed. Roxas chewed on a blanket we'd used to cover their cages during the winter and choked to death. Riku, Sora (II), and Precious were the babies. Riku was eaten by my cousin's cat after I gave him to my cousin, he was my favorite as he turned out to be albino. Sora was humanely euthanized by my friend because he was vicious and wouldn't tolerate anyone but me. Precious was killed by Namine, and then Namine died suddenly. .-.;

Samuel, Dot, and Ozymandias. Rats given to me by a friend for safekeeping until she was able to take them back. Ozy was grey with a white star, choked to death on one of the toys she'd given him. The other two were siamese dumbos that were too unsocialized to be rehomed after she couldn't take them back, and since I wasn't allowed to provide them a permanent home, the Humane League euthanized them.

Buttons, a guinea pig that "retired" from my elementary school's first grade room. He was already quite old when I got him and died within that year, but I think he was happy to have been rehomed somewhere a bit more calm for his final months.

Aaand Sapphire, Lucky, Gold, and Guppies. Sapphire was a beta that I'd inadvertently overfed and killed. Lucky and Gold were goldfish I'd found in plastic bags right outside of the pet store, as though someone had bought them and accidentally dropped them there. Since they couldn't be resold, the staff gave them to me. They died 3 months later, though the staff had no idea how long they'd been outside in those bags, so that could have contributed to it. I'd also found a small tank with "FREE FISH" written holding two guppies, so I took those home as well. My father put them in a large tank and they quickly multiplied. Only problem was he put them where the cats could get them and... the population slowly dwindled to 0.

I'm sorry for your losses, everyone sad.gif I have also lost several pets.

Chara, the first cat me and my granny had, died after sterilization.

Markiza, Chara's daughter, ran away when we went to th country for summer. we've never seen her after.

Tishka, Chara's son. this loss was the hardest. I went away from granny to live with my mom then and took Tishka with me. one day he ran away to the street. he started to leave in the neighbouring and me and my sister brought him food every day. each time he was coming clloser and closer to us and we hoped so strongly to bring it back home one day. but one morning when I went to feed him I found him dead without skin. I don't know who did it, maybe his fur was used for sales or some cruel children did it just for fun... it was really awful.

Lutik, Markiza's son, ate cockroach poison and died.

Kitri, Markiza's son, was the last cat I had. ait had lived for a long time with my grandparents, but when they both passed away I moved to their flat and took car of the old cat. frankly speaking she never liked me much and I wasn't very fond of her either as I was pregnant at that time, then my daughter was born and I was devoting my time to other cares. one day Kitri just dissapeared. I subbose she felt she was going to die and ran away through the open window. only when I lost her I realized that I was missing her sad.gif I still feel ashamd that I hadn't been such a good master for her.

Totic was a white rat. It lived several years with us, but then died of surfeit.

Ignat was a hatchling that fell out of the nest. I found him on the road, took him home and tried to save him but he died that very day I found it.

I've had several pets stolen.

It's actually a fairly big market (here, at least), where people will steal lost pets and wait until they have reward pictures posted or if not, they'll try to sell them.

That's terrible! I can't believe some of the things people do..

My condolences to all of you for all your losses. Me and my family have kept so many pets that I couldn't possibly remember every single one of them and write them down, nor do I think you'd all want me to. I'll tell you about a few that were really significant.

Sphinx (a part-Bombay, part wild cat; he was pure black), a cat we had when I was really young. He was so intelligent. He would find ways out of rooms that were locked, and we could never figure out how. When I was a baby, my parents tell me, he would lay in my cradle with me and act protective. He got diabetes, and instead of giving him shots every day for the rest of his life and causing him to be miserable, we decided to put him to sleep. Even though he died when I was very young, and I barely remember him, I still miss him, if only because of the stores I'm told about him.

Bear (he was also pure black), a dog my grandma had that was also very intelligent. He was a mutt. He was half timber wolf, part German shepherd, and some other breeds mixed in there. He was so big too. Apparently, he would lay under my cradle and act protective while Sphinx laid in the cradle with me. I don't actually know what he died of. I've been told different stories by different people. He also died when I was young, and I miss him too.

I recently bought 3 newts, 2 of them Chinese fire bellies, and one of them a paddletail. They all died. I also have another Chinese fire belly, but I don't think he's going to make it either. Just a tip for those who want to own newts and/or salamanders in the future: don't buy them from pet stores. Pet store newts have high mortality rates. If you're interested in owning newts and/or salamanders, just contact me and I'll give you the link to a forum with many people who are experts at caring for them, and who would be able to sell you some that would be way more healthy than the ones from pet stores.

I also had an African clawed frog that I had for many years. I wasn't as fond of him at first, but he grew on me, and by the time he died I love that little guy. I once kept a rough-skinned newt with him that I had for a while too who died of unknown causes. I also had a betta and an albino African clawed frog that was much smaller than him in there with him at one point, but the big one ate both of them. Then I bought a paddletail from the pet store and kept it with him. They both were doing so well, and it was mostly my fault they died. I was negligent at the time, and for some reason the water level in their tank went down rapidly, and I hadn't filled it up for quite a while, and they died. I still miss them and feel sorry I caused their deaths. Note: if you get an African clawed frog, don't mix them with other animals, even smaller frogs. If you want to get another frog, make sure it's the same size as the one you've got.

We also had a cat named Uchefici at one time. However, he was a bit mean. And after he bit my grandma on the face, my parents gave him away because they didn't want him attacking my then very young brother. He played roughly, but for the most part was nice to me. I still miss him. Another pet I took for granted until I learned we had to give him up. I was sad to see him go, but heard he ended up in a loving home.

I once had a pet emperor scorpion. I was the only one who would hold him with my bare hands. I'm sad to say that I wasn't the greatest caretaker to him, and wouldn't be surprised if I'm why he died, but truthfully I don't know the reason he died.

I also had a grey and white parakeet who had a messed up wing. We assume it got broken and healed wrong at some point before we bought him. He was so nice. Eventually he got a huge tumor in his stomach and we put him down.

There's so many other pets I've had, but I don't want to overwhelm you all with a wall of text about my lost pets (if I can remember them all). I've already written so much about some of the pets I've lost.

Edited by Cod Cod

I've never really had a pet I've literally lost. Having dogs pretty much my whole life, they like to be around members of their pack and aren't as independent as cats, so they're overall easier to keep track of.

Now I have had dogs die before. My father has had a lifelong love of labs and we have almost always had dogs with lab blood. My first loss of a pet was with a black lab pup named Suzie. At the time we had an older lab mix named Libby who loved running off and Suzie, following her one day, was hit by a passing car. Libby died years later when I was about 7 years old in the same manner. My dad was teaching me how to ride a bike without training wheels and she was hit right in front of us. Back then I was too young to really understand the idea of death, so it didn't hit me as hard as my next pet loss.

My next dog, Maggie, was also a black lab mix and I was fortunate to have 10 wonderful years with her. In her old age, she began to show signs of both athritis and diabetes, not a good combination. My father suspects that the latter may have been caused by a bag of dog food that had been tainted and put on recall by the company. In the end, we couldn't afford any vet bills to alleviate either of the two, so she was eventually put down. I still miss her and love her. ;~;

But one thing I learned from her is to cherish my pets and give them as much love and affection as I can. We as humans outlive many of our pets and they only are with us briefly.

At the moment, I'm currently spoiling my chesepeake bay retriever, Tuck. At 10 years of age, he is a rather healthy old geezer. smile.gif

Never lost any of my dogs, thank god...except for maybe our Chocolate Lab/Chesapeake Bay mix. We had to get rid of him, because he cost too much to take care of, and he just wasn't as happy as he could have been. :'( He was a big dog, and he could have been out running, and we just couldn't give him that. He went to a family out in the country, luckily, so he's probably happy as a dog can be can be. smile.gif

i lost a snake once. he was gone for weeks and i was certain i'd never see him again. then one day i saw him peeking out of a drawer in a bathroom. smile.gif we had to let him go after a while though because he was becoming too unsociable to handle and wouldn't eat. sad.gif

Ive only lost 1 pet and that was a rabbit some 7/8 years ago, got out from cage and under fence. Because we lived next to a main road, In a small town where there are constantly wheat trucks coming and going I assumed he died by that. But I'll never know.

My family had to put down our Staffy when my mother was pregnant with my brother, Dasher (Staffy) kept jumping up on mum so it was too risky to keep her. Because it was such a small town, no one was willing to take her so We had to give her to a local farmer who would take her to the paddock and quickly end the poor thing.

Later we heard word that the farmer kept her and she's living out the rest of her days happily on the farm. Good thing to cause she was an expensive purebreed, had a couple of nice litters to.

I lost a little baby Turtle to my neighbor sleep.gif He decided he wanted to see if turtle's shells could be damaged at all by random things sad.gif

RIP Shelldon, may you not be tormented by pogo sticks in turtle heaven

Oh my gosh! That is so terrible! People are SO stupid sometimes. I'm so sorry... sad.gif

Anyone read the Rainbow Bridge? Seems appropriate...

Most of mine died of old age, which is something I consider a blessing (the weirdest/odd one is at the end if you're looking to skip the sadder parts).

-My mom had a Himalayan cat named Saki. She was around for most of the important 'beginnings' of my family... was with my mom when she met and started dating dad, was with them when they got married, was there when I was born, my sister too. Sweetest cat ever. She died of old age in her mid 20s. There wasn't anything specific that got her, just everything sort of stopped working at once... I was around 8 or 9. First pet death, really. Put to sleep.

-Ivanhoe, a blue merle Shetland Sheepdog, my childhood companion. Got him as a puppy when I was two and me and him were almost inseparable. Not exactly cuddly, but he played with me, would chase me around the house, slept by my bed every night for years. When I was older, and we moved to a two-story house, it was when he couldn't climb the stairs to sleep by my bed that I knew he was firmly in 'old' territory. Put down because of liver cancer, but it was peaceful. He was around 10 or 11 years old.

-Cereno was a collie, looked just like Lassie. We got him from a rescue; he had been abused, beaten since he was a puppy with brooms and sticks. Despite that, not one mean bone in his body. Loved to cuddle, let me and my sister crawl all over him. We didn't know his exact age when he died, but the vet said maybe 18 or so years. We chose to put him down when his quality of living just reached a certain point. He was already deaf and tooth-less (we would mash up his food for him). When he started getting too old to even make it outside, that's when we knew. Peaceful death again.

-I had a gorgeous, fat, happy golden rat named Jabba, lived 3+ years. Was put down, vet said he was having heart problems that couldn't be fixed at his age. Euthanasia.

-The worst was the first cat that was really MINE, and I was older so his death effected me more (this was maybe 3 or so years ago). Mushu, a Siamese, got him when Saki died. I picked him out as a kitten at a shelter, I named him. He laid on my lap the most out of everyone. He also gave me my first animal scar(s) because he played rough and I would kind of wrestle around with him. He attacked my face when I sneezed at him once, put three puncture holes just below my left eye from his claws. But I loved him.

He started having thyroid problems at around 6 or 7 years. Made him kind of tired and cranky. We took him to the vet (which he hated) for a checkup because he seemed to be acting a little strange, but they had to rush him into the back because he'd gone into shock. They pumped him full of iv fluids and sent him home. Had to take him to the pet ER that night, because he couldn't eat or drink, and kept moving around like he was in pain. Turned out he had a buildup of fluid in his chest cavity, making it so he couldn't properly expand his lungs, putting pressure on his heart. Liver problems. They couldn't do anything but put him down, couldn't operate because of something about his heart, I can't remember. I just remember standing there screaming at my mom and dad that it was my cat over and over. I was there when they brought him in to say goodbye, he was terrified, that's what I remember most even as I petted him and stroked him. He died right in front of me before they'd given him the third syringe to put him down. He was only 9 years.

-Sad time over, weird death-time now because I saved the oddest for last to cheer me up. I had a few hermit crabs a few years back, and one hermit crab serial killer. It started off with Bert and Ernie, and then little Ernie was dead one night (how odd! I said. He hadn't been showing signs of sickness). Then I got another one, Mr. Krabbs. He lasted about 2 weeks, also died in the night when I wasn't watching. Bert, over on the other side of the tank. Minding his own business. Left Bert alone for a while, then read on a forum that 'Hermit crabs can die of loneliness!' ( huh.gif ). Ok, says I. I shall get yet another companion for Bert!

When Archimedes died 2 days later and had a leg pulled off, I realized that Bert was a stealth killer. ninja.gif He was that man on the block that no one ever suspects of a crime. And Bert remained a hermit hermit crab for the rest of his life.

Just lost my pet sheep....

it still hasn't hit me as reality yet. i raised him from a little baby lamb..,

Oh thats awful D:

-gives Keriel a cookie-

Would this make you better? :> -sour face-

Gosh I hope that I would never loose my cat. She is a funny animal, everyone loves her and she chases christmas bells around the house, knocking down the christmas tree and it hitted my brother's x-box.

He freaked out cause that X-Box was like his god or something and it turned out that the X-Box was fine, and the christmas tree was okay. Not sure about the christmas bells, they had been chased around all morning.

Siighh.. This makes me think of my 3 1/2 year old fish who died last year.

Funny story:

My pet turtle (who was 3 in. wide at the shell) escaped from her feeding tank one day. She didn't turn up. We all thought she was dead. 2 weeks later, there she was, in the bottom of my mom's shoe.

Hmm, I had a pet named Gizmo when I was younger. He came down with feline leukemia... It was horrible. The first vet we went to told us he was not suffering...but I knew my cat so we took him to another vet. She told us that he was indeed suffering and that I could have a few more days with him but she needed to put him down. The day we brought him in I was bawling so hard...I held him in my arms as they put the needle into him... I still remember everything to this day. The light in his eyes went out while he was looking at me and it broke my heart for months. I would bawl and lay in the spot he use to lay in crying for him. I think I was like 8 or 9 years old.

After that I got another animal who was born to me from a previous kitty. His name was Max... Beautiful cat...long hair with bright bright orange and white markings. Well he disappeared. We put flyers up and etc etc.....but it had been months and we figured we would never find him again. So, I got my next cat whom I still have Charlie. We rescued him from a very very very bad situation. He is a maine coon....After that I would say about a month or two months...I was walking down a road a few blocks from ours and in the window I saw my cat Max. I knew it was him. I knew those markings......This was a house next to a pole where I put a flyer at as well. I was so angry because someone had torn down that flyer. I know knew why they did so. The only thing was I couldn't take him or steal him back because I already had another cat. I figured he was fat, healthy and looked like he was having a nice life in the window seal that I let him go.

There are quite a few other stories I have. I love animals and will always be an animal person. I will always have an animal in my life.....but there are just sooo many stories to tell and not enough time lol

Also @ FoxPaw

Yes, I have seen and read the Rainbow Bridge. I've used it as well. It's a very nice thing to have when a loved pet and friend passes away. I know it helped me with Gizmo.

Edited by Tearadria

What a coincidence to see this thread now... I had a dream about my old cat last night.

Tabby boy lived 16 years and a half and passed away last year due to kidney failure. He had kidney problems in his younger years too... I miss him so much, such a pretty cat he was. He could've lived longer. I keep on dreaming about him.

My current cat, Tommy once fell off the balcony and we discovered him under the first floor balcony 2 hours after. xd.png I got scared that I lost him for good. </3 I was so happy that I found him.

I have never lost any pets (mainly because I barely owned any) but I babysat one of my friends' cats who died.

Her name was Sable. She was so sweet and cuddly - as soon as I picked her up she would start purring. Sometimes when I played piano for her, she fell asleep right in my mom's arms.

Then one day I heard she started having trouble breathing. My friends rushed her to the vet, and s/he told them Sable had lymphoma, or something. She would die slowly over a period of two months, as breathing grew harder and harder. They had no choice but to put her down. T_T I really missed her, almost as if she was my own pet.

Oh thats awful D:

-gives Keriel a cookie-

Would this make you better? :> -sour face-

Gosh I hope that I would never loose my cat. She is a funny animal, everyone loves her and she chases christmas bells around the house, knocking down the christmas tree and it hitted my brother's x-box.

He freaked out cause that X-Box was like his god or something and it turned out that the X-Box was fine, and the christmas tree was okay. Not sure about the christmas bells, they had been chased around all morning.

heh make things better no. make me smile yes.

still don't believe he's gone. keep going to the paddock and looking for him, or expecting to hear him come running over to try eat my hair... Benny and Milly look so lonely now

I haven't lost any pets before and I currently can't because I have a fish and 2 snails, but I would feel especially sad if I did.

... Christmas morning i found one of my little chicks i was raisng headless in the chicken coop.

my christmas was well and truly destroyed before it had even started.

i loved you little red one... i didn't even get to find out your gender...

I've always had animals, as long as I can remember, so I have lost a lot of them. Not all were literally lost, some passed away, some had to be given away, etc. But you get the point.

My first real experience with losing a pet was when I was around 4-6ish. My cat (can't remember his name) managed to escape out of the window I left open and got hit by a car. I was too young to remember everything, but I remember feeling so guilty for leaving the window open.

I've had a lot of cats, but only a few I was really attached to. The first one being Mr. Bigglesworth. He was a Flame point Siamese, absolutely gorgeous cat. He was found in a box with another kitten at a friends house, only a few weeks old. Me and my mother nursed him and his box mate back to health and he quickly became my cat. I had him for a few years until one day he snuck over to a neighbors house, he avoided being hit by a car, ran too close to one of their kennels and the dogs scared him, he ran back out to the road and got hit by the same car he just avoided. I never let my cats outside but he managed to sneak out from time to time. I was absolutely devastated from losing him. I was depressed for weeks.

Until my friend told me she had kittens she needed to get rid of. My mom took them and gave one to me, one to my sister, and she kept one for herself. Mine's name was Oliver. He was the sweetest little guy ever. I didn't have him for long until one day I found him lying in the middle of my yard, dying. One of my dogs, who was still a puppy, but a large puppy, was playing with him too rough. After Mr. Bigglesworth I kept an extremely close eye on Oliver to make sure he didn't get out and to this day I'm still not sure how he did. But when I found him, he was barely alive. I grabbed him and ran inside crying to my mom. My mom immediately jumped up and got her keys. We were not 2 minutes down to road on the way to the vet when he died. Again, I was devastated. I hated that dog with a passion. Oliver died on 06/06/06. The next day, the same exact thing happened to his sister.

After Oliver, I vowed I would never get another cat again. I was tired of being so sad when things like that happened. Then one day, the neighbor who's dog scared Mr. Bigglesworth into the road, resulting in his death, brought over this little black and white kitten. She was at her son's baseball game and found her walking around so she picked her up and brought her home. She said she still felt bad about her dog scaring Biggles, so she thought I might like the kitten. I really didn't want another cat but she was so tiny and cute, I couldn't resist. I told myself I wouldn't get attached, but we quickly grew very fond of each other. She slept with me every single night, and she always kept a close eye on me, no matter where I was. I had never had a connection with any animal like I did with Cleo. Cleo didn't like anyone, person or animal, but me (except my sister's cat, who she tolerated). She loved me. I could do anything to her and she put up with it because she loved me. When she slept with me, she had two favorite spots, either right behind my back, or curled up in my arms. She would lay her head on my arm and go to sleep and drool on me, it was adorable. Then my mother passed away and I had to move in with my grandparents, who wouldn't let me bring any animals with me. I didn't know what to do. I said I wouldn't go, I won't leave Cleo, the only thing I have left in the world. I'd rather live in the streets. Then my aunt said she would take her, and my sister's cat/husband J.J. She was a saint. She kept them for a little over a year, helped us with the slow transition of pretty much saying goodbye to them. Me and Cleo grew apart but we still loved each other. The day she told me she had to get rid of them (she has 5 cats of her own and her house isn't very big) I asked her if I could spend the night at her house before she rehomed them. I spent one last night with Cleo. All the other nights I had stayed at my aunts, Cleo didn't sleep with me, but that night she did. She laid her head on my arm, like the old times, and fell asleep, drooling on my arm until I went to sleep. We said our goodbyes to each other. And that was the last I saw of her. She now lives with a friend of a woman my aunt works with with my sister's cat. I don't ask much about her because I'm afraid to hear that she was given away or, worse, dead. But I like to imagine she is still grumpy and weird, like me, sitting in this guys house all cuddled up with J.J. right now.

I don't know if I'll ever get another cat. I probably will though, since my last cat/human relationship ended on a good note and not devastation. I still wish I could have Cleo, but I am happy she is alive and well, with her cat buddy, J.J. The only other being she actually liked.

Along with Cleo, I also had to get rid of my birds. I am a huge bird nerd and had 15 parrots (7 Conures, an African Grey, A Hawkhead, and 6 budgies) at the time. They had their own bird room, the biggest room of the house and were all unclipped and free to fly about the room when out of their cages. I spent so much time and money on them, I loved every single one of them. Unfortunately I had no time to go through the process of finding good homes for every one of them so they all went to a rescue, along with my mother's animals that I had to rehome. I knew the lady who ran the rescue and kept in contact with her weeks after I moved. All of the animals went to good homes, so I am happy about that, but I still miss my fids (feathered kids) terribly. I won't go into detail about them since this post is already long enough. xd.png

And if you couldn't tell, I was never really a dog person. While I have had (two) dogs, I've always had a stronger connection with my cats. The last dog I had was Emma, who I also had to rehome when my mother passed away. I had her for a good 6 years. She was good dog. Not too bright, and not the sweetest, but she listened and she loved me and I loved her.

I won't go into further detail about all the other pets I have lost, since that would take forever, but those three cats I've listed above and my birds are the ones who had the biggest impact on me. (not that I don't miss all of my other pets).

Charlie- Tuxedo mix cat, got hit by a car when he was 7. He was our old farm cat. Dad gave me Sockee and Weebulle to live at the farm.

Dorothy-Beta fish I got a year before we moved. When we started to bring stuff up to the new log cabin. We forgot her for a month at the farm. When we came back she was still swimming around, dirty but alive. I lost her when she was 3 years old.

Clarabelle- On of Jesse's kits. Found her dead when she was 6 months. sad.gif

Jesse-Our retarded, giddy cat. She would look outside, see a bird, and would start rolling around. She was Weebulle's best friend. We had to give her away after her second litter. But Mum let me keep Blackie from the litter.

Firework-Our old hermit crab. Got him and Spots from my cousin when he moved and could only take one pet. He only wore a black shell with a firework painted on it. We found Firework dead in his cage one morning. He was only 2 years old.

Spots-Hermit crab, was terrified of Firework. But after Firework died, he was a party animal. He had such a personality. Found him dead when he was 3 years old.

Sugar-One of Jelly's kits(rabbit). Jelly was only 5 months and couldn't take care of them properly. Found Sugar dead.

Spice-Same as Sugar.

Milky-Same as Sugar.

Cookie- Lived a day longer then the others. Otherwise, same as Sugar. sad.gif

Thats all, unless you count the chickens who were crushed during a storm when our apple tree fell onto their coop. sad.gif

I've been quite fortunate in this regard. I've never had a pet go missing in my entire life. I've had pets die, which is always devastating, but there's at least room for closure. If you have a pet that goes missing and you don't get an answer, I imagine you'd always be left wondering. sad.gif

I have a few friends though who have lost numerous pets, which I always pity them for. One friend, he must have had half a dozen cats go missing during our childhood and it sucked. I'd hate that.

Quoting my post from the ''Pets'' thread:

Today December 24 at 5:20 MST time, our family dog, Sapa, passed away due to our neighbor running her over when he was arriving to his house, drunk >< if it can be called ''fortunately'', it was an instantaneous death.

;___; Rest in peace little girl, hope in heaven you can eat all the moles you want.

I have had many MANY pets over the years, at the moment I have two happy healthy kitties that I love to bits, even though on some days i want to pin them to the wall by their tails.

Many farm cats that all eventually went missing over the years

I used to have a rabbit named Oreo, but on my birthday one year someone left the bunny shed open and all the rabits escaped, we managed to find the other four but mine was gone. I found out years later that my dog got him but my stepdad didn't have the heart to tell me about it.

Shortly after that we found out that one of the rabbits was Male.. we were told they were all female!! It only took one male and they multiplied like crazy.

I have had some horses over the years, but was too young to really know better. THe most memorable though was Prince when i was around 17..

My Horse Prince died a couple years ago, he was really old and had cancer and his health was declining. Then in the winter he was attacked by coyotes so we had to put him down.. <33 best horse ever though, he was a total sweetheart.

My doggie Shadow was the dog that outlasted all the others, we had many dogs over the years but had to sell them or get different ones because of aggression issues, shadow was the first we got and he died of old age last year, he would have been about 16/ He was a goofy looking mutt of a dog with super stubby short legs but we loved him!

And last, Bos, my 15 year old dog that was put down two days before christmas this year because of old age. Shewas a black Corgie and a total sweetheart too <33

I've had a few losses...

Munchkin- My grandma's cat. She was shy but sweet once you got to know her. According to my grandma, she started hissing at nothing, then ran into the living room, growling. Then she started convulsing and died right there in my grandma's arms.

Garfield- He was a grey brown tabby who looked almost like your typical Abyssinian but with stripes. He was strangled in the blind cords in the bay window one morning, but I hardly remember him because he died when I was one or two.

Angle- A little kitten we fostered who died when he was only three weeks old. He was so weak he could hardly stand, so we figured it was something congenital. But still... He was so cute.

Liberty- A red-eared slider. I had him for more than a year, but I found him floating in the water in his terrarium one day with his eyes closed. Not sure what happened to him.

And countless fish, namely Grey Angle, Athena, Silverstream, Starry Night, Whitecloud, and Zebrastripe (who were the ones who didn't die within a week after me getting them). Grey Angle and Athena were tetras who looked just like angle fish, only their bodies weren't triangular like angles are. Grey Angel's face got all puffy and it couldn't swim. I flushed it to put it out of its misery. Athena got its tail ripped off by the filter and drowned. I also had four angle fish, Whitecloud, Silverstream, Starry Night, and Zebrastripe. Whitecloud died presumably of old age (I'd had it for four years), and Silverstream had a huge chunk of its body suddenly missing. I assume that one died of infection. Starry Night got infected with that fluffy water mold fungus... that was awful. And Zebrastripe... I'm not sure what happened to it. It just disappeared one day, and I saw black and white scales floating in the water. Two weeks later I go to clean out the tank and I find it dead underneath one of the decorations.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan