Dal Marty

Dal's Art Booth

----

Update:

-------> I have changed the rules and available Request options below to better fit my workload this month. Please reread!

-------> Dream's Request is done. It's posted at the bottom of the OP.

-------> Egg Commission listed is being worked on next. smile.gif

----

Hi all!

I'm back from Winter Vacation and I'm working on more art stuff lately while looking for a job. I'm building a new portfolio I like to call the Moonstone Index which, as of January 1st 2012, will showcase the next stage in my progress as an artist. THe last year, maybe more, I've been working on 'silly' art, just dabbling in things, but not truly committing to new techniques and such. It was a time of learning the boundaries of what I can do, where I can improve, and what I really specialize in. Now, I'd like ot put all that learning into practice with this new portfolio.

Your requests and commissions are a part of that. One area of my portfolio will be dedicated to character art and character pieces, so that's where they'll go.

-------

-------

~~~~~~~ Slots ~~~~~~~

1. Closedfor now.

2. TheCompleteAnimorph/TCA <--- Egg Commission Slot!***

Egg Being Offered: CB Pink -- PAID, thank you! :3

Credit Goes To...: These two dragon are mine, though credit for their personalities partly goes to a friend of mine at school

Full Description of What You Would Like Drawn: My two characters Eisen del'Talisintha and Amaranth Illucia, as dragons, either flying together or walking together through someplace nice. Colors preferred, but black and white would be okay too.

Reference Image Links: Amy http://oi43.tinypic.com/6xt6qe.jpg; Eisen http://i39.tinypic.com/1621k4y.jpg (contains size comparison of the two)

Other Notes: Eisen is social and helpful but has a bad inferiority complex, and his wings are made of brass. The gem on his chest closely resembles an aquamarine. Amaranth (Amy) is very adventurous and in tune with nature, but shy and withdrawn around others until she gets to know them well. The gem on her left hind leg (it's only on her left) closely resembles an amethyst.

***This slot has the same rules as below, but instead of waiting for the 1st slot to open, you can trade me an egg or hatchling to get it.

Wishlist: CB Blue Nebula (prefer Female), CB Trio, CB White, CB Black.

Other Auto-Accepts: CB Nebula Alts, Chickens, Yellow Dino, CB Silver, CB Gold, CB Red Dorsal, 4th Gen (or less) Thuweds(esp with interesting bloodline).

I Will Take Offers of: Low Gen Tinsels with a pretty lineage, esp. Gold Tinsels.

*This Request Slot is first come first serve. First to completely read and fill out the Request form properly will get the available slot. >_>

**Please read everything below before making a request so we're both on the same page about what I can and can't do and all that.

-------

-------

Guidelines/Options/Rules/Whatev

I do have some guidelines for the Requester to follow before asking for characters and whatnot:

- Only 1 Request Per Person. However, the Egg Commission slot is open to anyone with an Egg ready to trade. I will not take IOUs.

- Your request must be of an animal or animal character, be it dragon, gryphon, wolf, etc. Please no humanoids, like furry, anthro, alien, or human characters. I'm only just starting on human-like forms. n_n I'm decent but not good enough to do a cool drawing.

- If you want a Dragcave Dragon, you must know for certain than the original artist of the dragon sprite won't mind fan art made of their dragon. Please see the Artist Permissions Thread to look it up. I will look it up too if this is what you're requesting to double check.

- I must have a ref sheet to work from OR a very detailed description. I won't go out of my way to ask you about every little detail to get it perfect. I will draw in my own style based on your description. If this was a commission thread (for $), I'd go to whatever lengths to make the drawing how you'll like it, but this is a Request only thread, so this is how it is. So please be detailed. (Even a simple, crudely drawn ref is better than no ref, btw. >_> )

- I will draw the animal in my style only, so no requests for "Sonic style" or whatever. >_> I've run into that before, and it's terribly difficult to match an established artists' artwork. I even have trouble with anime, so yeah. :/ My style only. Examples below.

- All Requests will be in COLOR. Yaaaay...! Unless you specifically ask for an ink drawing or lineart.

Less YAY for some of you is that your drawing MIGHT be in colored pencil. I dunno why people think Traditional art is inferior these days, cuz it's not, but just felt like I should warn you anyway.

Back in December, my trial with Photoshop ended, and now my only painting program is GIMP, which is only hard to use because I'm not used to it, lol. THEREFORE, I will TRY to do your requests digitally. If I feel like I cannot accomplish in an unfamiliar paint program what I can with colored pencil, I will do colored pencil. The advantage to this? If you would prefer, I can send you your art piece to you via mail if you would like to have it. smile.gif I only ask that you send some bucks for shipping. I believe, with the size pieces I'm working with, it would only be a dollar or two. I will also take BP/GP if you play Aywas. Just PM me to ask about shipping. smile.gif I'm sure we can arrange something.

* Under special circumstances, I'll pay shipping.

- You MUST give credit where credit is due. :/ If you post my art somewhere like DA or something, please give me credit as "Dal Marty at Dragcave Forums" or something. If you post to DeviantArt, send me a message. You should also credit the artist who made the dragon you want if you're asking for a Dragcave dragon, or a canon character from an established media. You also should not claim that you made the art or whatever, or trace it, as that is art theft. :/ All the usual Don't Steal My Art rules apply here. Proof you read the guidelines is: Supernova.

- Please do not post a Request if the Slot is closed. Taking more than one request makes me feel overworked since it creates pressure to finish and adds another thing to do on my To Do List. So, any Requests posted while the Slot is closed won't count. I realize this sucks because it's possible you might not get a request in unless you're fast enough (like catching eggs, really, lol), but I know how my creativity works and everyone gets the best results if this creativity is stimulated by spontaneous challenges when I'm ready rather than obligations when I'm already busy.

-Please know that I might have to close requests if things get too busy IRL. This is why there's only one slot.

- The resulting picture will be any composition that I think would work best for your request. So I won't list stuff like "Headshots" or "Full Body" options here. I'll just draw it!

- Please use the request form after my Sample pic below to make your request. Please be aware that at this time I am only accepting 1 Request! And 1 Egg Commission!

- Only ONE character at a time, and I will not include a background, or it will be a simple one. Proof you read the Rules #2: Siranetti. (<-- name of my betta fish.)

- The following is an example of a typical request I'll be doing, as of these changes today.

user posted image

I don't have a Digital example at the moment yet, but it's basically the same but with digital coloring, lol. I'll get an example up here asap.

So, yeah!

Now for the Form! Please post a Code version of your finished form in your post too so I can copy/paste into the OP.

Request Form

[b] Forum Name: [/b]
[b]Proof You Read Rules/Guidelines:[/b]
[b]Credit Goes To...:[/b] If you want me to draw an OC, I need to know who to Credit. This could be your forum name or another name. If you want me to draw a Dragcave dragon, I need to know the original artists' name of that dragon sprite to give them credit if I post the pic anywhere. 
[b]Full Description of What You Would Like Drawn:[/b]
[b]Reference Image Links:[/b] Could be the animal you want drawn, the dragon you want drawn, or ref images to accompany a written description. Or a Ref Sheet.
[b]Other Notes:[/b] Please tell me if there are any features or personality quirks I should take into account when drawing. If your character or other subject is naturally aggressive, maybe I shouldn't draw him or her smiling. >_> 

Commission Form:

[b] Forum Name: [/b]
[b]Proof You Read Rules/Guidelines:[/b]
[b]Egg Being Offered:[/b] Not a Teleport Link, but just the name.
[b]Credit Goes To...:[/b] If you want me to draw an OC, I need to know who to Credit. This could be your forum name or another name. If you want me to draw a Dragcave dragon, I need to know the original artists' name of that dragon sprite to give them credit if I post the pic anywhere. 
[b]Full Description of What You Would Like Drawn:[/b]
[b]Reference Image Links:[/b] Could be the animal you want drawn, the dragon you want drawn, or ref images to accompany a written description. Or a Ref Sheet.
[b]Other Notes:[/b] Please tell me if there are any features or personality quirks I should take into account when drawing. If your character or other subject is naturally aggressive, maybe I shouldn't draw him or her smiling. >_>  

For Commission Peeps, please send me a PM with your egg Teleport link. If you can't provide a Teleport, ask if I can.

So copy and paste that into a post and fill it out. smile.gif First to submit the form in its entirety and properly will get the slot.

***If you would be interested in making a request but someone else got it first, stick around to see the final result of the request so you know what you'd likely get. I may take another request at a later time. ***

The above artwork and characters in them are copyrighted to me, Dal Marty.

------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

Completed Requests:

1. LittleLostDragon's Dragon Characters, Salaha and Phoenix Cuddling

user posted image

2. Daciana_Adena, Male and Female Vampire Dragon (Designed by Kuraianubis and Komodo Gallant) Cuddling

user posted image

3. Dreamgirl, black Eastern, wolf, and falcon.

user posted image

---

Edited by Dal Marty

Some nice stuff. Mind if I make a request?

Forum Name: Littlelostdragon

Proof You Read Rules/Guidelines: Lady Liberty

Credit Goes To...:Me.... (this sounds self centered ack)

Black and White Pen or Color?: Color please.

Full Description of What You Would Like Drawn: Both my art chats (in refrence area) in a hug/cuddle if possible. Salaha's body is a blue with purple belly scales. Phoenix is the orange dragon. Both have graceful (or I like to pic them like so) bodys and thick thighs and front arms are balanced for there body's.

Reference Image Links: http://tashrin.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4by05p

Other Notes: The breed the 2 dragons are, they have a play ful nature. But these to love each other a lot as well. In the hug/cuddle could they look relaxed and happy?

LittleLostDragon, I will take your request. smile.gif I'll edit the OP to reflect this and get your request to you soon. n_n

DarkDragonXD, I'm glad to hear it. biggrin.gif Check in soon to see if the slot is open again. I'll be sure to post when it is so that the thread is bumped so peeps can see. Thanks for your interest. n_n

LittleLostDragon's Finished Request has been added to the OP at the bottom. The Request slot is now open!

I've sent a PM to LittleLostDragon with the pic at its original size. n_n I did my best given the details and the ref! I hope you like it! biggrin.gif

Forum Name: Daciana_adena

Proof You Read Rules/Guidelines:Lady Liberty

Credit Goes To...:Komodo Gallant, Kuraianubis

Black and White Pen or Color?: Color

Full Description of What You Would Like Drawn: A Male and Female Vampire Dragon, together cuddling as well. The Male should be in front, as I would like you to show off his markings more. Other than that, its up to you.

Reference Image Links: user posted imageuser posted image

Other Notes: Not really.

I hope everything is in order, let me know if I need to fix anything, such as adding more detail; and thanks in advance!

EDIT: Forgot to add the female dragon reference.

Edited by Daciana_Adena

You're welcome! biggrin.gif

Hi, Daciana_Adena! Yes, the request looks complete. I also double checked the art permissions thread and it seems we have permission. I'll add you to the OP!

Forum Name: Aurora-Silver

Proof You Read Rules/Guidelines: Lady Liberty

Credit Goes To...: Aurora-Silver (and a Friend)

Black and White Pen or Color?: Colour

Full Description of What You Would Like Drawn: My OC Aurora Silver and my Friend's OC Jinkay

Reference Image Links: Dragon

http://aurora-silver.deviantart.com/art/Aurora-Ref-181551265 Dragon http://blackchaos666.deviantart.com/art/Ji...kchaos666&qo=45

Other Notes: They're lovers, Aurora female, Jinkay male. Aurora is usually bigger as Jinkay, but its okay to draw her smaller (or not as huge as she actually is)

Edited by Aurora-Silver

Whoa, wonderful art work you have here. The colors you used are so warm and pleasing; I can't help but think of them lying in a den during a snow storm, crackling bonfire made from the charred corpses of brash knights... okay, maybe not so much that last part.

Still, great stuff =)

Hi! Thank you very much you guys, and Nine, I appreciate the feedback! biggrin.gif I imagine the same. Either it's sunset and they're at the mouth of the cave cuddling up for sleep, or they're inside with a nice blazing fire. <3

Daciana_Adena ---> Your Vampires are inked and are being colored!

Aurora-Silver, the request slot was closed when you posted your request and since I'm not keeping a Waiting list, I won't be taking your request. Sorry! >.< I would gladly take it if the slot was open and you were first to post your Request, but this was not the case and there are others waiting for a chance at teh slot, so I need to be fair.

Because of that mix up, I've added another bullet to the rules, so it doesn't happen again. I'm so sorry if I gave the impression that I'd be taking Future requests. ):

I'm sure the slot will be filled by the time I've finished posting =o If not, I am surprised

Again though, I just love the shadows and play on lights in the Vampire pic. The Male Vampire's markings are especially nice and really stand out. If I can think of something fancy and manage to catch one of the desired eggs, I may be tempted to request =) Until then, just looking at the pretty art for others is a treat.

Edited by Nine

OLHOOK a slot! MINE! *grabby hands* =DDDDD

Forum Name: dreamgirl5

Proof You Read Rules/Guidelines: Soundwave

Credit Goes To...: me? =/ (it's my dragon OC, a falcon and a wolf)

Black and White Pen or Color?: I would prefer the color if it's possible. :3

Full Description of What You Would Like Drawn: first the dragon. it has long and slim body, long tail and feathery wings. basically a winged eastern dragon. it has feathery tail tip and feathers from it's down it's neck. feathers on it's neck, tail and wings are black with light blue tips and stripes. it's eyes are blue and it has long ears. the falcon is a brown bird with black markings. (orly? rolleyes.gif) and the wold is supposed to be completely black in color, it's fur long and shiny. eyes are golden in color. you don't have to draw wolf and/or falcon if you don't want to but I will be grateful if you do. it's all your choice though.

Reference Image Links: a falcon, the wolf. you can look at silver dragon for body reference of the dragehh.

Other Notes: thank you! =DDDDD (and also: feel free to play with this as you like :3)

EDIT: *huge sigh of relief* I posted on time xd.png

Edited by dreamgirl5

Wow, those vampires look really good. :0

I'll definitely keep an eye out for the egg(s) you're after. Those request slots go so quickly. x3 (for a good reason too)

Yay, thank you very much Nine! Again! smile.gif Indeed the spot filled quickly! xd.png No prob on the eggs. smile.gif THanks!

Thanks Varekis! smile.gif

Dreamgirl! You got the slot! smile.gif Sounds like interesting characters! I'll work on it soon and edit the OP! smile.gif

I will be stalking this thread o.o i want a picture, your amazing biggrin.gif

For the commission slot, are you just taking the stuff you mentioned on your wishlist or would you take other things, like a short gen pretty tinsel or something? xd.png

I will stalk you >:3

Thx

-Ra

thank you! =D *squeeeee* AND CALL ME DREAM. *not so dangerous look*

also, one question: can we request multiple times? I think I MAY request again if I get the egg you are looking for, but that would probably be a bit later. (except if you are taking tinsels. I has bunch of tinsels. I has two silver tinsels waiting for new owner right now tongue.gif)

if you have trouble with size of the characters, the dragon should be almost twice longer than the wolf, but about the same height. don't make the dragon giant if it's possible |D your choice though