auroshen

CB marker

If this were to be used, do you have any prefrences on how it would work?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mods, please don't kill me if I copied something again. Search engines hate me.

So, yesterday I was breeding tinsels and trying to remember which dragons were CB...

I think it would be extremely helpful if, when breeding, all the dragons that were CB had a little marker that said "CB" next to them. It would just make things easier. Like,

"CB Dragon"

What do you think?

We've had suggestions like this before, and they typically receive a generally positive reception here in Suggestions/Requests. But so far nothing has been done about it. I hope this is something that eventually gets implemented.

I personally would like this. I dun really like having to put "CB" in their names, it's quite annoying some times.

I would support a cb marker, if all lineages got marked (2nd, 3rd, 4th - nothing fancy), at least up to a certain point (whatever the cave could best handle searching). However, not sure if it might take up too much space to count generations to display on the scroll?

However, and I'll have to find the suggestion again, I like the 'breeding marker' better, where you can mark which dragons are important to you. Or, there was a suggestion about being able to add quick notes to dragons for when breeding (ie: breed with a white, breed with Joe, don't breed with blacks, is a dorkface, etc.) that was pretty nice.

you wouldn't have to make it search each and every dragon, just have it query both parents, take the higher lineaged one, and add 1.

well, not once it was already implemented anyways.

Just "when breeding". Although, having CB markers on commons would help with those So You Want A Silver Egg things.... I dunno. Maybe it could be an option?

as long as it's optional, I don't see why anyone would disagree, actually tongue.gif

it would be a good idea to have little symbols which you can choose to add to a dragon... you know, like the ones they have on pokemon?

I'm pretty manic about keeping my CB at the top of my scroll, and separating my second gens with my holiday dragons. It's how I dealt with it. -_____-' But even separating like that is a pain, because while sorting I have to keep another tab open and double check each dragon to make sure of it's gen. So yes, I would love this, whether it would show only when breeding, or at all times. Plus, I don't see a real reason not to include it so long as it isn't hard to code, or takes up a lot of space on the server.

A CB marker would be great and having lineage length show terrific - breeding notes a DREAM!

And access to lineages from the sprites on the breeding page would be AMAZING!

The more dragons we greedy hoarders accumulate, the bigger the pain having to repeatedly search out suitable mates separately becomes...

Yep. Whenever I try to breed some rares to trade, I have a hundred tabs open plus some more. Ok, I have a sucky computer and once it just DIED on me..... This is why I really want this.

I was thinking about that little marker that you get when trading in the Dragonmarket in Eggs Around The World. It would be so great to have.

As long as it's optional, I have no problem with it. Wouldn't use it, but don't care if others do.

I added poll, and thought about maybe only eggs and hatchies instead of adults?

I would like this for breeding purposes, so it would be better for the adults to be marked. It should also be optional.

Perhaps there could be some option for breeding that says "show all CB dragons"?

I would like to be able to add 'notes' to my dragons. I have nothing against CB markers but when I have a neat 3 or 4th even-gen dragon and I don't want to ruin it by breeding it with a messy lineage (I'm a neat freak like that wink.gif ), then I still have to go to my scroll and find a suitable mate.

This could be somewhat helpful for breeding, but I don't think it would help me all that much. Even counting generations would not really help, unless it could tell me which are even gens, which seems to be asking an awful lot. I think some way to add notes to the breeding page, such as "inbred" or "3rd even gen" or "stairstep" and such would be much more helpful to me.

So I am not against this, but I just don't think it goes far enough to be really useful to me.

Personally, I don't think this is needed because we can create such a feature ourselves by using certain naming schemes. It doesn't even have to be a CB in the dragon's name, either. Right now, I feel that TJ's coding time would be better spent on other issues than one we can solve ourselves with a little bit of effort. (Don't fix it if it ain't broken.)

Anyway, if something like this was to be implemented, I'd like to be able to make short notes - like a description, but only viewable to the scroll owner - that can be opened by clicking on the dragon in the breeding tab. This way, you can put down notes about the lineage without actually having to load the darn thing. (With a not-so-good connection or during lag, loading lineage pages can turn out to be a nightmare, more so if you have to do so repeatedly.)

I think the note idea would be much more useful then *just* a CB marker.

Just a little note that I could write to myself, only visible to the scroll-owner, so I could remember which dragons were lineaged, which were "free-for-all, breed with any!", which seemed to be picky breeders...

And sure, we *can* use a spreadsheet offsite for that, but why not make it a little more helpful and have it in-game? It wouldn't affect anything, so yeah. I'd love it.

As long as it's not too bulky - like a '+' or just a number, maybe where it shows the gender & frozen status.

Nothing personal, but I'm against clutter on websites.

I saw a thread somewhere about making the dragons on the breeding list clickable/linked to the dragon's page. I think that would be more useful than just noting which ones are CB. People don't only breed caveborns.

I'd love this! I have to go through and look at my dragons before I breed them to find one that is CB or isn't related to the one I got so I'd like something like this and what Sock said.

I probably wouldn't make use of this feature if it were offered. I already keep a spreadsheet that has a lineage note on it, so I use that when breeding. If I have an even 3rd gen, I look first on the spreadsheet to see who else is an even 3 (there's a sheet for just even gens), then check on the scroll to see the actual lineage and if it's compatible. /oc-ness... wink.gif