hannahslion

Work

Where do you work?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I work at a rafting and tubing company. Where do you work? Whats it like? Do you love or hate your job? I shall ninja the answers out of you all tongue.gif

I work at Sonic it is a drive- in food place for those who do not know. I am one of the folks that brings your order out to your car a long with doing a bunch of other stuff around the store. I love my job because of all the interesting/ new people I get to meet. I like it a lot less in the winter time when I am freezing my butt off.

I work at my university. I teach biology labs to non-biology-majors. It's pretty fun, I enjoy doing it. Not something I want to do forever, though; I love teaching the labs and giving the lectures, but I hate hate HATE grading papers. Grading is probably the only thing I really dislike about the job, but unfortunately it's a pretty major part of it. :P

Depends on time of day and day of work.

I am a Healthcare Assistant/Auxiliary Nurse at the local hospital on the ICU unit as of Monday.

I am a volunteer pastoral work in A&E.

I'm a volunteer First Aider, mainly in nightclubs but also at the local football stadium.

I'm a volunteer first aid Trainer for St John Ambulance and the general public.

I'm not old enough to work yet.

But when I do I will try to strive for becoming a graphic artist, novelist, or a librarian.

Work at a retailer basically stationed in one work role (what we call job position) happen to be cross-trained in different departs like, cashiering....salesfloor...price change...just these to list a few.

Sr. Test Technician at Rockwell-Collins. I test and troubleshoot various GPS boards and assemblies.

I like my job. If I didn't, I wouldn't have stayed for >19.5 years.

Edited by casprrr

I am an editor. I work for a small press that specializes in works on philosophy and theology. I generally like my job pretty well. I used to wait tables, and I hated how hectic it was. This is pretty mellow in comparison; I can sit at my desk and listen to music all day while I work without being bothered.

I do some work for a guy on his farm on most Saturdays, it's hard work and it doesn't pay a lot, but it's good experience.

I'm also trying to start teaching ukulele lessons to anyone I can find who wants to take. tongue.gif

I work in a bargain store. Not what I wanted to do, but its money.

I work in a bargain store. Not what I wanted to do, but its money.

I think you'll find that's the response most adults give these days ;~)

I'm still trying to find a job. Until the end of next month I'm considered an out of state student and a lot of places don't want to hire non-residents. Right now my job is just *finding one* that will hire me, but right now, even when an open janitorial position is there, they'll take the highschool dropout over me just because they're a resident.

I'm not too young for one; I'm 15. I don't need one yet though. I would like to look into a career dealing with astronomy, but I don't know how well that plan will hold out.

I work at Radioshack atm. It's a decent job and I like my coworkers but to me this is temporary while to them it's their end job so it's kind of hard to relate to them sometimes. I'm going to school for Illustration and I hope to have a job in video game concepting and character design, or something in animation.

Not what I wanted to do, but its money.

I read meters, pretty much the same thing.

Gym leader in the Kanto region.

/shot

Nah, too young to work. When I'm of age, I'd like something in medical/health science, although I would work in a book store or library if I couldn't.

Edited by Aquenee

Gym leader in the Kanto region.

/shot

I chose you, Squirtle!

An independent bookstore in my city's hipster neighbourhood. -shot-

Cool job, though. And right next to the best coffee shop in the city (in my humble opinion). And also, 40% staff discount on books.

Mail order, dealing with clothes.

Good pay but it's getting on my nerves more than one way.

So many awesome/really sucky jobs! I'm definately not staying with my job I honestly just need it for money sad.gif

I'm hoping to get a job at TJ Maxx for the Christmas rush. Wish me luck. It will be my first job, if I get it.

I'm a student first and foremost (double-majoring in two computers majors), so I only have small part-time jobs.

One of them is as a dishwasher at a local restaurant. It's kind of funny because once I started working there, I discovered these little connections to my family that just make me think of how small a world it is!

The other is at church. During the school year, I work with the youth group, making posters, updating the Facebook page, and speaking to classes about upcoming youth events (and helping chaperone said events.) During the summer, I take over the secretary job: putting together and publishing the weekly bulletin, answering the phone/door/emails, taking care of the church records, being keeper of the keys, all that jazz.

I am not sure what I want to do after college, as my double-major covers so many things; I think I'll just wait and see what I like best. So far I'm liking Flash (though it'a challenging!) and making web sites.

Edited by Dawnwing