stardaragon

Whats your favorite candy? Tell us!

Which candy would YOU want to recieve on halloween?  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be honest I'm not a big fan of candy. I don't really buy any unless it's chocolate. I do like root beer barrels and Dum Dums though. I think some of the best stuff is either European made or "home made". Some of the more obscure brands are also nice. One of my favorite brands is Choceur and it says it's imported on the package, but I doubt it since it's only 99 cents a package.

I love choclate with caramel and nuts. Sadly it's too sweet and makes my teeth hurt but it's worth it. biggrin.gif

And I like M&Ms with peanuts.

LOVE ALL THE CANDIES! But, right now I am eating caramel Ghiradelli squares and peppermint bark Ghiradelli squares. Nom, nom, nom...

Oh, but I dislike whoppers, peanut M&Ms, and anything with nuts (except snickers). I don't like nuts in any way.

Edited by dr.bieber229

There was some sorta mini caramel filled chocolate cup thing mom always used to get herself when I was a kid but I never knew the name of them though but they were delicious. Sadly I haven't been able to find them in stores in years.  Other than them I'm torn between Reese's peanut butter cups and yorks as my favorite candy. happy.gif

Were they Rolos, by any chance? My Mom loved those, too.

As far as my favorites go... I have a huge sweet tooth. LOL. But right now, my picks are:

dark-chocolate-covered ginger

chocolate-covered coffee beans

nonpareils!

those little round fruit jellies with a sugar coating (the natural ones from places like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, that don't have modified junk in them)

anything mint chocolate

anything peanut butter chocolate

things with a 'chalky' texture like Bottle Caps (especially the root beer and cola ones!) or, more so, after-dinner mints or buttermints

I could seriously eat a whole bag of those little pastel mints, lol!

Edited by Kelkelen

Skittles, yes. Fruit Skittles xP. My favourite little candy... whenever I see them I choose the largest pack possible. Other than that I like Nerds, nomomnom.

Here we get something called "Gems" which is a product of cadbury. They are small round button like candies comprising of chocolate wrapped inside a edible coloured sweet shell.

Looks something like this:

user posted image

Here we get something called "Gems" which is a product of cadbury. They are small round button like candies comprising of chocolate wrapped inside a edible coloured sweet shell.

Looks something like this:

user posted image

Ah. Smarties. Didn't know they went by different names outside of the UK.

Ah. Smarties. Didn't know they went by different names outside of the UK.

LOL cultural differences. The "Gems" are the same type of candy as M&Ms, and in the US, "Smarties" are a kind of sweet-tart little circular candy; you get several at a time, stacked and wrapped in a cellophane wrapper.

Why, oh why, were gummies not included as an available choice to vote for. I love gummy Coke Bottles. They're fantastical.

LOL cultural differences. The "Gems" are the same type of candy as M&Ms, and in the US, "Smarties" are a kind of sweet-tart little circular candy; you get several at a time, stacked and wrapped in a cellophane wrapper.

Yeah, see M&Ms and Smarties are pretty much the same thing here. From what you're describing I think the candies you call Smarties would be called Fizzers over here. Or Parma Violets, if they're the all-purple kind.

We call those Rockets in Canada xd.png

Love those things!

Yeah, see M&Ms and Smarties are pretty much the same thing here. From what you're describing I think the candies you call Smarties would be called Fizzers over here. Or Parma Violets, if they're the all-purple kind.

They're several different colors, all in the same roll, mostly pastel: white, pink, peach, green, purple. I think they're a lot like Fizzers, except that they don't fizz -- they're just sweet, and a little tangy.

Oh, and yes, I think Rockets are *exactly* the same -- the wrapper design is the same, so I'm guessing it's one company that names its product differently for the different countries. smile.gif Do you think that's because the chocolate Smarties are sold in Canada?

Oh, and yes, I think Rockets are *exactly* the same -- the wrapper design is the same, so I'm guessing it's one company that names its product differently for the different countries. smile.gif Do you think that's because the chocolate Smarties are sold in Canada?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the reason why. *Goes to check Wikipedia*

Yep.

They are marketed in Canada under the brand name Rockets, to avoid confusion with Nestlé Smarties.

BUTTERFINGERS!!!!!!! i also like the oldies but goodies (lol that sounded really lame) such as 100 grand (or something like that), charlston chews, whatchamacallit, etc. i also like kitkats and almond joys and big swirly lollipops, but not the tootsie roll poips, i only like the brown ones of those.

They're several different colors, all in the same roll, mostly pastel: white, pink, peach, green, purple. I think they're a lot like Fizzers, except that they don't fizz -- they're just sweet, and a little tangy.

Yeah, Fizzers don't actualy fizz either. Never was sure why they were called that. Tehy're just, as you say, kinda tangy.

I love good chocolate, chewy caramels and good gummies. I love sweets, but they must also be of good quality!

Have you guys ever heard of Sharkies? They are the only gummy candy that is organic by USDA standards. They're also sugar-crusted, have a ton of vitamins and taste like actual fruit <3 I can even eat the cherry ones! (normally cherry flavor tastes like cough syrup to me.) omg even just thinking about them is making my mouth water so much nom nom nom off with the shark's heaaad.

(they're in the checkout isles of walmart, in case you're asking where to find them)

I really like chocolate, but I honestly don't think I could pick a favorite candy. That is an impossible decision for me to make.