Zovesta

Spriting Lessons

Closed.

Hehe... I remember being a teacher for Eggspress, and I loved it. I've been learning as much as I can about spriting (or, well, shading) and I really want to share that knowledge with someone. I get quite a few people telling me I'm alright at spriting, so, I'll try at hand at teaching you guys.

It's all a little muddy in my head right now, so when I get the precise information (and any students!), I'll be posting the exact lesson planner.

In short, I will teach you how to make eggs to begin with (as I did when I was a teacher before), and teach you basics of lineart and shading. By the very end of it, I will collaborate with each student to make an adult dragon, which you should be capable of by then.

I plan on teaching only Saturdays, but I will have to get together and ask the students to see what time precisely they can be on.

So...

Rules (there are a lot of them!):

1. Read the rules. =|

2. If I feel that you haven't done a lesson adequately, I will make you redo the homework in addition with the new stuff.

3. Adequate does not mean "high quality". It means that you understood the lesson and what was to be done.

4. Classes are normally an hour to two hours long, depending on how fast of workers you are.

5. I will assign homework in the class to do and to be turned in that day, and homework to be turned in next week.

6. For the love of God, if you have a question, ASK IT. I can't read your mind and I can't tell when I'm saying things in a really muddy fashion.

7. Classes will take place here.

8. If I feel you have weak spots, there will be a single day that I will address all of yours.

9. I don't mind a bit of fun and off-topic stuff in the IRC, we are here to have fun and learn, but we really are on a bit of a time limit.

10. That said, all art-related discussions are allowed and wholeheartedly embraced.

11. You must use MS Paint or a very, very similar program (run it by me first so I can try it out).

12. Art is subjective, I will show you many different methods of spriting. It's up to you to decide which path to take.

13. My favourite creature is the alphyn.

14. If you have a question outside of the classroom, or if you forgot to ask it during that class, you are free to PM me.

And now, the form:

[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Preferred nickname[/b]:
[b]Program you use for spriting[/b]:
[b]Experience with spriting[/b]:
[b]Times you can come on[/b]:
[b]My favorite creature on MagiStream:[/b]
[b]Anything else?[/b]:

Thank you! Happy spriting!

Edited by Zovesta

Username: Helix

Preferred nickname: Helix

Program you use for spriting: Photoshop CS5

Experience with spriting: a little. I know pillowing is bad. And that lines can't be 'stairs'

Times you can come on: FRIDAYS

My favorite creature on MagiStream: alphyn

Anything else?: nope

Username: AppleCakes

Preferred nickname: Apple

Program you use for spriting: MS Paint, I guess

Experience with spriting: None, if there are grades I might get an F, but I'll try hard smile.gif

Times you can come on: Weekends are the best, but and days beside Wednesday, I'll probably be on sometime

My favorite creature on MagiStream:alphyn

Anything else?: Don't hate me if I'm bad sad.gif

Username: kaerlighed

Preferred nickname: Kaer

Program you use for spriting: ... paint i believe

Experience with spriting: YES~ ^-^ eggs though. tongue.gif

Times you can come on: ....... ill have to pm.

Anything else?: not afraid of criticism.

Edited by kearlighed

Username: ChuChu

Preferred nickname: Chu, though everyone calls me something different

Program you use for spriting: MS Paint

Experience with spriting: Er, no not really

Times you can come on: Preferably weekends

My favorite creature on MagiStream: It's one of the Alphyns

Anything else?: Woof (I mean no)

Edited by ChuChu

Username: Whitefire

Preferred nickname: White or WF

Program you use for spriting: Editor - Photoshop Elements 4.0

Experience with spriting: Si

Times you can come on: usually everyday after 4pm EST, but what with the unpredictability of my parents i'd say on weekends early... or late... or... idk D: but the computer in general is after 4, as thats when my school hours end [most of the time, what with homeschooling] bah... around noon on saturday and 1 - 2pm sunday [times being when i get online, not whole computer time. usually on computer for like, 3 to 5 hours]

Anything else?: nothing atm.

Username: StarSea

Preferred nickname: Star or SS

Program you use for spriting: MS Paint

Experience with spriting: A little. I do eggs! I try at adult dragons.

Times you can come on: Usually after 4pm EST, but sometimes mother makes me leave. Especially around hollidays, so I can't come on during hollidays (usually the two weeks around it), from 6pm EST to 4pm EST, and on most weekends (friday to monday)[school and seperate homes.]

My favorite creature on MagiStream:alphyn

Anything else?: Umm... I think we're good.. You might want to know that I'm a bit of a spelling freak because I was horrible when I was younger and often punished for it, so please don't yell at me if I correct you. sad.gif There are still some spellings I can't get memorized, but when I catch a spelling error that I'm positive about, I often correct it. (Such as hollidays... I feel it is hollydays, but that doesn't seem right to me. *sigh*)

Edited by StarSea

Username: Dragongirl10188.

Preferred nickname: Dragon, or anything really.

Program you use for spriting: MS Paint.

Experience with spriting: I am fairly good at eggs :3. I try with adults and sometimes can do hatchies.

Times you can come on: Well, I'm in Australia. About 3:30 to whenever I go to bed (around 9:00):

My favorite creature on MagiStream: alyphyn.

Anything else?: I can also recolour and splice.

If you're not too busy, will you teach me? I've always admired the sprites on the game, and it would be great to be able to make some myself and teach my little sister afterwards.

Username: Snow Plow

Preferred nickname: Snow, but anything is fine, really.

Program you use for spriting: MS paint

Experience with spriting: I've tried it, and I've looked at tutorials, but I'm not great at it, especially on dragons' backs and tails. I also really stink at shading and muscles. So almost none.

Times you can come on: Nearly all day Saturday. On week days, it tends to be a bit harder for me to keep a schedule, but I'll try.

My favorite creature on MagiStream: An Alphyn?

Anything else?: Nothing that I can think of at the moment...

Thanks

I'm not busy at all, no. :3 I'd be glad to teach all of you, please just PM me when you guys can get on during weekends and I'll set you up for the next lesson.

Username: superdude44

Preferred nickname: jake

Program you use for spriting: I use kolour paint, only because i've switched to linux, trust me it's so similar it's scary

Experience with spriting: a couple years behind me, probably two. I started off with pokemon fusions, and have worked my way to scratch spriting, and i scratch sprite just about everything.

Times you can come on: saturdays and sundays, late fridays as well. I'm usually not on during the week. time time? probably friday 4:30 or 5:00-whenever it ends and anytime after 10:00 AM on saturday and sunday

Anything else?: yes. If possible could i start next weekend, with thanksgiving and whatnot i'll be pretty busy until then. thanks so much!

Username: Tiffashy

Preferred nickname: Tiff or Tiffashy ((any is fine))

Program you use for spriting: Gimp

Experience with spriting: I'm good with eggs but I'm just learning how to make adults and hatchlings

Times you can come on: 3:40-6.30PM Australilan time

My favorite creature on MagiStream: alphyn?

Anything else?: Well I need work on hatchlings and adults. I already made a sprite without shading. Well what I really really need to learn is, how to shade :3