TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

Stupid Wii browser...*sighs* Another year, another night without one.... Anyone who's superfast and actually likes clicking willing to give one.....? dry.gif

Pfff, I was sitting there watching TV....the computer free....then I remembered...HOLYCARPIT'SHALLOWEENONDC *flails*

Yeah! Thanks thanks thanks! I get one! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hope I can get some eggy before I go workin'! I don't wanna wait next year. biggrin.gif

The release lasts 24 hours, people. There is plenty of time to catch dragons, and there is also a new Halloween 2011 Gifting Thread. Go sign up if you're having trouble catching them yourself.

I think to say that it's "unfair" is a bit extreme. I was around for the 2011 Valentine, I was around for the 2010 Christmas release, and they went fast. You have hundreds of people here who are also trying to get those eggs. It's likely, although I cannot say positively, because I don't know all the coding involved, that just continuously having the eggs dropped and dropped and dropped is not feasible. That, however, would have to be something that TJ would have to answer, as like I said, I don't know how the coding works.

My computer is fine, and the lag still brought the speed down, but I still managed to catch mine because I kept trying. Don't give up, keep plugging, and you'll be able to catch your own. And if you still can't, then I suggest applying at the thread I mentioned above.

My first holiday spent on DC has been great so far!!!

I got marrows, pumpkins, some of the new eggs, AND I just got a ZOMBIE on my 1st try ever! (I killed one of my pebble dragons that had a slightly messy lineage and he zombified when I revived him!) This is awesome! biggrin.gif

Thank You to everyone who has gifted to/traded with me & I hope you all have a safe, fun, and very Happy Halloween! wub.gif

Edited by BrightStarBella

Stupid Wii browser...*sighs* Another year, another night without one.... Anyone who's superfast and actually likes clicking willing to give one.....? dry.gif

I use a Wii too. Honestly if you get a rythmn down catching on one isn't bad.

Hey does anyone know if I kill my dragons for zombies now, do I loose egg slots?

if there adult dragons then no.

eggs dont work

and killed hatchlings will take only hatchlings spaces.

hope that helps. =]

Adding another "Thank you TJ and spriters!" to the chorus smile.gif

Very much looking forward to seeing the hatchies tomorrow morning (TJ's eggs are at 4d9h).

where r the eggs being dropped?

As far as I can see, they are dropping in all areas equally

Awesome, with my slow ghetto laptop and whilst entertaining a cranky 7 week old, I caught one. Six more to go. Good luck everyone!

^___^ yay new eggs! has anyone else noticed the cute codes for them? a little hint from TJ? *bounces* soooo excited! just hope i can manage to grab them in time!

Woohoo! Me has to get thum, me has to! Aaaaaaaaaaah! I'll bring Freya here to maul everyone if I don'ts!

*runs to cave, tries to get eggs, then scowls angrily when others get the eggs*

Managed to catch 7! smile.gif I'm happy now that I've got them and can go enjoy Halloween. smile.gif

Good luck to everyone else! Keep trying and you should be able to get some! smile.gif

I guess that's sort of what you sign up for when you join a webbased game where one of the major parameters beside luck and fast reactions is a fast connection. Not fair, perhaps, but that's the premises of the game.

But the new eggs look gorgeous, I don't know if we're allowed to share theories on what they are, but given the special even I guess it's not too hard to guess, and that was really also what I hoped for even before Halloween. :D

Agreed. I have terrible connection compared to some players, but I've found that it was actually easier to nab eggs this year - I think the biodomes were wonderful for this. ^^ Lag wasn't too noticeable either, imo.

As for the eggs... how spooky. o3o I don't even know what they look like (at least I think I don't? :P) but I already have a name planned for one of them and a sort of story to go with "him". ^^

4 out of my 6 eggs are promised for an IOU though. Depending on what the sprites look like, I might try trade for more after but I'm not sure how easy that will be. =p

usually, the drops were 5 min, i said it's unfair for the drops to be just 2 min!!!

btw, what can i do if the dragon doesn't let me kill him?

So I got one zombie dragon this year. smile.gif

Not so good as last year, when I got 2 and I was hoping to get 2 this year too, so I'd have male+female and male+female hatchies. Now I'm missing the male hatchie.

But now I have a challenge for next Halloween.

Good luck to everyone for catching these eggs!

I'm kind of upset that I can't breed my new Marrows and Pumpkins until the 8th. I don't really understand why the breeding wait is so long.

I mean, you can't breed any new Halloween eggs after the 1st (if I'm correct), so why should we have to wait 8 days to breed the newest ones?

On a happier note, I managed to catch 6 of the new Halloween eggs. If I have enough Influences, I will have an even amount of Males and Females. biggrin.gif

Edited by tikigurl91

Erm, do they drop only to the full hour? I havent even SEEN an egg until now. oO And I'm so curious! ^^

At least, I zombified two adult dragons, one male, one female. biggrin.gif

usually, the drops were 5 min, i said it's unfair for the drops to be just 2 min!!!

btw, what can i do if the dragon doesn't let me kill him?

if you cant kill the dragon you just have to move on to another one.