TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

Does anyone have the figures on just how many Ghost eggs were dropped versus the number of DC members? There seem to be an awful lot of people who missed out on getting Halloween '11 eggs this year. Since the DC population has grown so vastly, perhaps the number of Holiday eggs dropped should reflect that growth?

Not meaning to sound combative or anything-just curious as to the numbers.

Does anyone have the figures on just how many Ghost eggs were dropped versus the number of DC members? There seem to be an awful lot of people who missed out on getting Halloween '11 eggs this year. Since the DC population has grown so vastly, perhaps the number of Holiday eggs dropped should reflect that growth?

Not meaning to sound combative or anything-just curious as to the numbers.

Unfortunately this is the same case with every holiday, but with the Biomes I think more eggs were dropped than last year.

However, with the Halloween eggs higher limit this might not have made much difference.

I think Christmas should be better.

'till now there was a race for "who can get the most shadow eggs".

Now it's "who will get the first shadow adult dragon" xd.png

I didn't get to do all I could during this Holiday season, dragon'wise. But I'm darn happy for getting a marrow a pumpkin and a shadow. (and having lots of fun in the halloween event.)

I still want to see a zombie dragon. I hear you guys saying you managed to get a zombie and all that but I look at your scrolls and all I see are the usual dragons and some tombstones... a real zombie is yet to be seen by me lol.

Edited by thaenor

Shock, awe, ecstasy, agony, despair, bliss, happiness, sadness, gratitude... all was experienced 1000%.

Getting up at 4 in the morning today (I am 6 hours ahead of New York) finally enabled me to get the Halloween eggs! Phew!! I had already started to accept I wouldn't get any this year as the internet connection is very slow.

Completed the haunted house as well, so I am really happy with the result this year.

Thanks to the Dragcave crew for all the good work! smile.gif

Edited by vhenkels

Are the Ghost eggs still dropping? I couldn't get on yesterday unfortunately, so I'll be pretty bummed if I have to wait til next year. :c

Are the Ghost eggs still dropping? I couldn't get on yesterday unfortunately, so I'll be pretty bummed if I have to wait til next year. :c

They should not be dropping. However, I would check the gifting threads and keep an eye on the AP, you may see one go through on there.

So people's eggs are cracking/getting soft shell and mine which were caught in the first hour and are in seven different different fan sites are just sitting there?

WTF?

So people's eggs are cracking/getting soft shell and mine which were caught in the first hour and are in seven different different fan sites are just sitting there?

WTF?

no clue dude but mine are fine xd.png

All my boyfriends got sick,had to be fogged, (all seven),but only ONE of my seven got sick(fogged it,& its fine).

I DID fog mine overnight though...just to be safe...dont understand the reasons(??)

Rockin' On

I have to say my favorite part of Halloween this year was the haunted house. :-) I really enjoyed that! And not only that, but I think the little badge we got from it is really awesome looking.

I went a little crazy with the black marrows. I ended up with 17 new 2nd-gen marrows. Whoof! I feel like I ate a whole bag of Milky Ways. But it was worth it, LOL!

No new pumpkins for me (I was stuffed with marrows the whole time), but I helped my son get a 3rd-gen PB pumpkin to breed with his next year.

No new zombies. I already have one adult and one hatchling, and their refusal to let me place them where I want on my scroll irks me sufficiently to not make me feel the need for more. :-D

Can't wait to see what the new dragons will look like. The winged hatchling is beautiful, but I probably won't freeze one till next year unless an easy trade for another one comes my way.

A good holiday overall!

Question? how many people are actually FREEZING the new eggs/hatchies rather?? Im kind of shocked that if you only have THREE..you would actually FREEZE one..but then,i never freeze,so maybe its me..?

Rockin' On

Yes, especially since they'll be able to snag a Ghost from the AP net year to freeze and keep CB's to produce offspring. Makes little sense to me. Diff'rent strokes I guess.

Wow, I finally have two of this year´s new eggs. And I have to say a big THANK YOU to all those really generous people around here who PMed me and offered to gift or trade me one or more of their new eggies. YOU ARE ALL AWESOME! Thanks again!

Edited by AlexiaLea

Yes, especially since they'll be able to snag a Ghost from the AP net year to freeze and keep CB's to produce offspring. Makes little sense to me. Diff'rent strokes I guess.

We don't know for sure that these dragons will be breedable, though, do we?

Anyway, I'm one of the oddballs who does freeze holiday hatchlings. They're just so stinking cute, I want them on my scroll. Every year I strongly think about releasing my Valentine and Christmas hatchlings so I can get a good 2nd-gen one for lineages, but they're so cute I just can't do it. :-) I wish the limit on holiday dragons was 3 instead of 2. I know it would cut my chances of ever getting a holly even further, but it would still be worth it to me to be able to make a ribbondancer checkerboard without having to release the little one!

Can eggs get soft shell more than one time?

Yes. When I first joined, I got my eggs sick all the time, and I actually liked pushing them to that limit if I could. I learned how long it took generally to get them well, and how long to keep them fogged so that they didn't get sick again immediately.

Edited by Nectaris

Can eggs get soft shell more than one time?

Yes, they can... I just looked at your scroll and it looks like one of your eggs is soft again, so you probably ought to keep them fogged for a little while longer. That may just be me being paranoid though-- the older eggs get, the more resistant they are to sickness, and it seems like a lot of people just leave their eggs sick for hours with no ill effects. :-)