Felicityluff

Harvest Moon!

I haven't found a thread to discuss the game about, so.

user posted image

Who's played this seemingly never-ending farm simulation and can't get enough of it? With so many paths to chose from, this game quickly became one of my favorites. <3

I own these versions;

-HM: FoMT (Friends of Mineral Town)

-HM: AWL (A Wonderful Life)

-HM: DS

-HM: IoH (Island of Happiness)

-HM: SI (Sunshine Island)

I have yet to buy the Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade versions since I don't own a Wii. TT.TT But if you'ved played them, I'd like to know what you've experienced and what your thoughts are about them. c:

Also, out of all the possible couples from all the versions, which are your favorites?

My favorites would have to be ClairexGray, ClairexSkye and ChelseaxVaughn. Those couples are way too popular, but I can't help it. Reading one too many fanfics about them does that to you. @.@

ahh HM. love it.

i currently own:

friends of mineral town & more friends of mineral town

a wonderful life

DS

island of happiness

my favorite one to play is AWL, next would be the mineral town versions. i think island of happiness was too complicated/hard since i was used to the simple gameplay of my two favorites.

my friend owns all of the HM games except the old school n64/gameboy ones...she originally got me into it. smile.gif

I only play AWL and AnWL. I hate how all the new ones areeway too cartoonissh and look like 5 year olds, I havent even tried them and I dont want to. When Harvest Moon starts to look more mature again, Ill try it.

I love Harvest Moon! My first game was Save The Homeland but I have since sold it back to Gamestop, maybe to buy one of the new games? I dunno. My favorite would be...hm... AWL just for the graphics. I can say that I only bought the Gamecube for that and Animal Crossing.

I have/had:

Save The Homeland

A Wonderful Life

Friends of Mineral Town

More Friends of Mineral Town

Magic Melody....

Rune Factory

Innocent Life

In my opinion, MM is the most horrible out of the series. It still infuriates me that I spent $40 and was oh so excited until I popped it into the system and out popped that mess. But I guess you win some and you lose some...

I'm still looking for Rune Factory 2&3 in stores. They are sold out everywhere all the time. I don't have a Wii so I can't play those games. Hmmm. I see there's an online game for it now but it's only in Japan. sad.gif They need to come out for an USA version (Same with .hack and sims.)

Ah, the hours I've spent playing these games. I love them so much.

I currently own:

-More Friends of Mineral Town

-DS (Boyfriend has it right now.)

-DS Cute

-Island of Happiness

-Sunshine Islands

-Grand Bazaar

-Tale of Two Towns (3DS Version)

-Animal Parade

-Magical Melody

-Rune Factory

-Rune Factory 2

-Rune Factory 3

Aside from these, I have played:

-Boy & Girl

-Harvest Moon 64

-Save The Homeland

-A Wonderful Life

-Puzzle De Harvest Moon (Owned, Didn't like, sold it.)

In my opinion, MM is the most horrible out of the series. It still infuriates me that I spent $40 and was oh so excited until I popped it into the system and out popped that mess. But I guess you win some and you lose some...

I didn't like MM either. I could only stand to play it for about an hour, and that was it. It was a huge disappointment for me also. I'd LOVE to play the online version as well.

About my favourite couples? I couldn't say. I have played too many versions, and in each version there are at least 3 bachelors/bachelorettes that I adore. xd.png

I've played these games since I was little :3

Harvest moon back to nature (Has no one else listed this one? blink.gif )

Harvest moon save the homeland

One for the GB color that I lost

Harvest moon a wonderful life

Harvest moon magic melody

Harvest moon tree of tranquility (didn't get far in this one but....ostriches >:D)

Rune Factory frontier

Rune Factory tides of destiny (haven't beat it yet, though not much farming goes on)

Each one had something I liked

Back to nature: Multiple use hot spring, digging with a hoe, most of how things are laid out

Save the homeland: Different colored horses, but mostly whistle training my dog

Wonderful life: The different grades of cows, and for some reason I love that duck pond you can get :3

Magic melody: ...actually the things I like about this one tree of tranquility did better

Tree of tranquility: Ostriches >:D, you can befriend any of the animals wandering around the island (I'm going for 3 cats two ferrets :L)

Rune Factory Frontier: Monsters for pets, dungeons, and a story line that occasionally caught my interest

Rune Factory Tides of destiny: Combat is more fun and there's more to it than in frontier, there's a skill for EVERYTHING. Not kidding. Walking, jumping, greeting, friendly neighbor, the fact that you can jump it adds a new dimension to everything, the map tells you where everyone is. Monsters have more of a use (though you can no longer use them as mounts and they seemed to have gotten dumber in combat)

Edited by Dragon393

i love harvest moon happy.gif i own:

animal parade

magical melody

a wonderful life

i used to have:

tree of traquility and sunshine islands

i remember the first time i played the game xd.png the battery ran dry, so i got HM cute and the GB version ^^ (also grayXclaire is the cutest couple! X) )

Personally I will always prefer the SNES version, it was really the ultimate version of Harvest Moon for me. I enjoyed all aspects of it. Though I hated summer tornados.

Oo Harvest Moon!

I have...

Harvest Moon (original DS)

Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands (DS)

Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns (DS)

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility (Wii)

Harvest Moon: Animal Parade (Wii)

I just need a tuna to finish ToT for Wii.

Ive played pretty much all of them except for two of the game boy ones, 64, the psp ones and any of the runescape ones.

My top favorites, in no order

Back to nature

grand bazaar

tree of tranquility

Tale of two towns

If anyone wants to try out the multiplayer of bazaar or two towns that would be cool.

I've played so many of them, I can't remember most of them. I've been in love with the games forever.

I never got to play the SNES version though. I'll have to see if I can find it.

I've played so many of them, I can't remember most of them. I've been in love with the games forever.

I never got to play the SNES version though. I'll have to see if I can find it.

wii shop channel wink.gif

I have played various ones, but my all-time favorite is still Harvest Moon 64.

hmmmm i think my favorite ATM is Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar. I love the graphics in Harvest Moon! everything is so cute looking! especially the cows, i think they drew them so cute looking!!

i own:

a wonderful life (played another but not own it)

island of happiness

tree of tranquility

tale of two cities 3ds

rune factory

uhhh i feel like i'm missing one

i'm working on tree of tranquility right now I have 2 rainbows done and my wedding for jin is scheduled for winter 1st

I got the original, but I hated that I could never increase the quality of the animals. I just kept losing money. So I was happy when I found the mines, because then I could make money off of the stuff I found. But I haven't found any cursed tools, and I don't know about how I get to that island and stuff...

These are some of my all-time favourite games. I love how relaxing they are. Sometimes I can get so lost in those games I don't realize how long I've been playing tongue.gif

I currently only have the Wii games Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade. I've played all of the Harvest Moon games though and I want to try the Rune Factory and others but haven't gotten around to them. In general I've found I prefer the Wii games over the DS versions and even the early Gamecube and Playstation versions, just because I find them to be so much more in-depth. It's more enjoyable to continue throughout the years when there is still so much to accomplish.

Tree of tranquility is definitely in my top 5, I love the grand bazaar and the new beginning for the 3ds. The challenge of actually building things is really cool.

love harvest moon! i have more friends of mineral town, magical melody, a wonderful life, rune factory, and tale of two towns. Although I never played tale of two towns very extensively and also i lost magical melody and wonderful life. :I

my favorite's wonderful life.

It gets dull and repetitive at times, but I still love it.

My favourite is Island of Hapiness, though it happens to be the only one I've ever played...

I love Harvest moon soo much! For my Birthday I finally got a PS1 memory card, and the first thing I did with it was make a save on Harvest Moon Back to Nature. <3

Good for you Mia smile.gif That game was my first Harvest moon, so that's why it will always be in my top favorite game. I love the "ending" I think it's really sweet.