TJ09

2011-10-27 - Haunted House Event

I think I screwed up. I can't get the rainbow chicken no matter how much I run through the woods. And I can't get through the hidden door in the basement. Says locked

I liked this! I got all 40 items and my badge. This is a great improvement from the "reload page" style like the easter egg hunt. wink.gif

I don't know HOW I found the basement or found my way out again, I just kept clicking different things and found myself back on the main trail. And there was the chicken!!!

I now have all 40 items... whew!!!

Thanks again, TF and Spiriters. A great task...

This is so frustrating! I can't find the rainbow chicken ANYWHERE. I can't remember how to get back to the basement, either. I need some help. xd.png

Drag's map's been removed blink.gif Thank god I downloaded it before then xd.png Thanks very much Drag for making it!

OMG! DONE!!

Ive had my chicken,(gotmy badge with 37 items) but seemed unfinished wink.gif & so was running back over & over for xd.png THE COMET!!HUGE thx to Zovesta for their patient help in getting last item!!Great event...ROCK ON!! laugh.gif

Rockin' On

This is so frustrating! I can't find the rainbow chicken ANYWHERE. I can't remember how to get back to the basement, either. I need some help. xd.png

Go to the hallway (it connects to the living room, among other places). Open the heavy door.

Do you have to combine items or something? I have 33 items but cant seem to find anymore..

Re-visit the greenhouse. That's what I had to do last, it was frustrating.

Go to the hallway (it connects to the living room, among other places). Open the heavy door.

Thanks! I ended up just going on the main trail, and happend to get the chicken. It wouldn't let me back into the heavy door, anyway.

I wonder if the badge will eventually link back to all the objects we collected? Otherwise, time to take a screen cap!

What a wonderful, wonderful game, Cave! I have friends who create these kind of games and I know it's not easy. I never would have guessed in a million years that the Cavers and TJ would go through so much trouble for us.

Thank you x infinity!

Edited by stardust13

The event was fun. It took a few tries to find the chicken, but I got it. The only thing I could suggest is that in the future the descriptions for each part of the story are a bit shorter. After a while, the reading just became tedious rather than entertaining. Sometimes, less is more. But that's just me. It was a great concept though. smile.gif

Edited by Jazeki

Remember to post spoilers in white so that people who don't want them won't accidentally run across them. Even when asking questions, this is a good policy. ^^

For everyone doing so already - thank you! <3

[color=white]spoiler text here[/color]

Reminder

I'd just approached the house when the site went down for maintenance... when will it be back up?

EDIT: And I'd just posted this when the site went back to normal...

Edited by Shay-la!

39/40... I seem to be missing a "parchment guardian"? The little green creature sitting on parchment. How do I find that?

Sincere thanks to everyone who worked on putting this event together for the fun, frustration, and hilarity I'm experiencing! I have 38 39 40 -- and, success!

For anyone who wants general rather than specific advice: I was stuck at 37 items for a while and finally took a break. When I came back, rather than trying to do things differently, I tried going to places I'd been already, using paths I'd taken already, and got good results that way. (I'm sure the "try different things" method also works, but for some reason it wasn't for me.)

Edited by miaou

39/40... I seem to be missing a "parchment guardian"?  The little green creature sitting on parchment.  How do I find that?

go to the---> living room, investigate flash. make sure you have dead rat first

I have 38/40 items and can't get in the room in the basement. sad.gif(( I'm doing everything, including looking for the silly chicken (he is being difficult!), Any help on what I might be missing?

go to the---> living room, investigate flash. make sure you have dead rat first

Ahhh, I forgot all about that! Thanks! happy.gif