TJ09

2011-10-27 - Haunted House Event

Is it possible to get the chicken after completing it? I missed it on the first go round. I'm also missing two items in my inventory when I go back. Because I used them? Am I right in thinking this?

Edited by SnowWhite

Is it possible to get the chicken after completing it? I missed it on the first go round. I'm also missing two items in my inventory when I go back. Because I used them? Am I right in thinking this?

You can still get the items and they stay with you, you don't lose them.

I gotta say, I enjoyed this event much better than the Trick or Treating last year. (I think that was the only other big Halloween event we've had, right? Because I've been playing for nearly three years now and I don't remember another one besides the Trick or Treating and this year's haunted house)

I think my favorite 'items' were the little pygmy dragon (I want one in real life) the little owl, and the ghost. (Did those last two serve any real purpose? I can't recall if they did.)

These are my favorite items too. Oh, and the moon. Cx I'm pretty sure this is the only other Halloween event like Trick or Treat.

SnowWhite, there's no first runs or any obligation to finish the game on your first time through, you can go back and pick up anything you've missed.

Is it possible to get the chicken after completing it? I missed it on the first go round.

Snow, [highlight] Unless, I'm wrong, you can only get the chicken after completion. All you have to do is return to the room where the spirit dragon is and then leave the mansion and go down the main path WITHOUT going back to your scroll.

You don't loose items when you use them, so you're probably missing some of the items that aren't needed to complete the story.

Also, the chicken can only be obtained after you've completed it.

I really enjoyed playing it! I probably went through it a whole lot faster than was planned but I enjoyed it that much. smile.gif

Found them all, including the chicken smile.gif

The things I like most are the comet in a jar and the tiny cheese from the kitchen (I wish we had been able to catch it <3

Thank you TJ and all the spriters!

Edited by AlexisV

Thank you so much for the haunted house! I am quite enjoying it! Would tell you my favorite bits, but don't want to post spoilers!

I just found everything, I like this little event, can we do more of these in the future?

Completed the entire thing! Thank-you very much for helping, and thanks TJ for creating such a brilliant activity.

You don't loose items when you use them, so you're probably missing some of the items that aren't needed to complete the story.

One of the items that just disappeared is the Lethe Grasses. It just disappeared after I completed it. It was there before. I had 39/40. Now I have 37/40 and holes in my inventory. Glitch? I also can't go back and recollect it.

Edited by SnowWhite

One of the items that just disappeared is the Lethe Grasses. It just disappeared after I completed it. It was there before. I had 39/40. Now I have 37/40 and holes in my inventory. Glitch? I also can't go back and recollect it.

Have you tried going to your scroll and then going back to the haunted house?

Have you tried going to your scroll and then going back to the haunted house?

Yes. They still stay gone. One is the grass, but I can't figure out what the other missing item is.

Click link to see what I see under Inventory. Anyone else having this problem? After you're done some items disappear.

Well, I finally got that darned chicken, but I'm not completely sure how. Thanks for everybody's help!

Yes. They still stay gone. One is the grass, but I can't figure out what the other missing item is.

Click link to see what I see under Inventory. Anyone else having this problem? After you're done some items disappear.

The fact that it's showing a gap in the inventory means that your computer isn't showing them, but the game probably still believes you have it.

Try a hard refresh? Either by hitting the refresh button on your browser, or even better, by holding down Ctrl and hitting F5. See if that helps?

I don't think they have truly disappeared because there is still a space for them. Try refreshing the page or logging out of DC and back in. When I first started, I had to log in and out a couple of times before I saw anything past four items.

If they still don't show up after what SolarCat and Classycal suggested, just try going back and getting them again. The game should let you re-enter the mansion.

And aside from the grass, you're missing the rubber ducky.

Edited by Stealthypugs

I am missing the last two, any help?

you got the mouse?so go to the Living room “investigate the flash”,then “show the mouse”,you can get the scales

the chicken is on the main trail

Is this everything or am I missing something?

[got them all now, link removed]

-please post a link so we don't spoil the surprise for others -

Sorry.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

Is this everything or am I missing something?

You miss the scales,in the Living room

Edited by rubyshoes

Yes, found all fourty items and what a hoot it was going through and finding the stuff. Thanks a lot TJ and to all others who have worked on this. Fantastic!

Thank you, SolarCat, Classycal, and Stealthypugs! A hard refresh worked! And I got the chicken. If only I hadn't been so adventurous in the first place tongue.gif

Best of luck to everyone in completing it! This is an awesome holiday event!!!

Remember to post spoilers in white so that people who don't want them won't accidentally run across them. Even when asking questions, this is a good policy. ^^

For everyone doing so already - thank you! <3

[color=white]spoiler text here[/color]

Please also use links to rather than posting direct pictures of items or the inventory so that we don't spoil anything for others.