TJ09

2011-10-27 - Haunted House Event

I finally found the chicken. tongue.gif Yay!

I had to map it out to finish it. The only thing that I ended up searching for was how to get that stupid chicken.

Pretty cool! And the first holiday event that I completed 100%!

From GuessWho:

Yes, I'm trying, but I don't see anything different. My mouse does not change to allow me to pick anything up.

From Kelkelen:

I've been on the path, the main trail, the courtyard, the woods, etc. I haven't seen anything to pick up besides the mushroom, the mask, the bones, and the moss. I've hovered everywhere in the picture, and I can't figure out any way to pick the stuff up. I haven't even seen the sitting room though.

Getting ready to try IE.

No, seriously, where have you been besides the main trail, courtyard, woods, and path? There are about 20 rooms to go through!

Don't hover your mouse over the pictures. The objects aren't "clickable" in the images. It's all in the written descriptions. Try all the options. If you've been in the ballroom and danced to get the mask, try the other five or six options that are listed, there.

So the items are:

Rainbow chicken, mushroom, moss, claws, mask, moon, measuring scale, candle, jewel, spellbook, pile of sugar(?), globe, globe, quill, dragon key, eyeballs, old food, wing bones, tail bones, ring key, sparkly book, comet, owl, creepy shadow, scroll, vial of acid, snake, 2-headed pygmy, dragonsbane, book with purple bookmark, dead leaves, random bits, ribs, sword, gravestone, crystal ball, dead rat, parchment, rubber duck, green dragon puppy and skull.

Edited by rubyshoes

Unlike past trick-or-treat/Easter hunting events, you do not have to click on the images to receive them. You receive them by exploring and finding them. Just explore all the paths and the options. No need to scrutinize the page or the images to try and find things to pick up from them. :3

I've done all that. It isn't working. My inventory hasn't changed. I've gone through the whole story numerous times as I see it. Nothing is happening. So are you saying I don't have to click within the pictures at all? Arggghhhh.....

Edited by Classycal

I want to give a hint about the rainbow chicken to people (at least in spoiler tags) and use a reference at the same time but I can't remember the exact quote, which is weird, because I just watched it recently...

The only thing I got really stuck on was the skull. >3<

Edited by aquamarine__

I only have 28 items so far. *Pursues journey into the creepy mansion* Pause *Plays scary music*

I did it!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is a great event project!!! I just love it!!!

I am so happy now!!! I collect all 39 items by not looking at this thread~~happy.gif

but i did see how to get the chicken so... I only cheat on the last one.

I find that if you drawing a map on a paper while you are clicking away, this will be more helpful!

Thanks so much for this great event.

And Big THANKS to all the hard work that had done on the event, For TJ and also other people who are involved!!!

I know this has been asked 18 billion times, yet I can't find the exact posts... but all I need now is the rainbow chicken. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I'm having a small problem. I have 39 items, but didn't get the badge yet. Do I have to do something to get the badge so I can get the chicken?

EDIT: Silly me, I didn't calm the spirit. And now I have my disco hen! happy.gif

EDIT 2: Thank you to everyone who made this possible! I just love the item sprites, especially the owlet, and I had a fun time with this. smile.gif

Edited by xeyla

and I'll play it through several times more just to read the words. <3

... the storyline on many of the pages change depending on what you have done/completed or have not done/completed yet.

Are we sure there are only 40 items? I've completed the quest and gotten 40 items, but on my scroll I still get the message:

You have calmed the dragon's ghost and quieted the disturbance, but there may still be more to find in the mansion. Do you wish to return?

Spoiler alert! To get the chicken... you have to go all the way back through the mansion to wear you calmed the spirit, and then you go back to your 'dragons' page, click to go back, and then click 'stay on the main trail' it worked for me when I didn't see the chicken right away.

Thanks, that worked!

I only cheated for the skull, and half-cheated on the rainbow chicken. I say half, because I knew where to go to get it, but I didn't know I had to go back to the hidden room first, so I figured that out myself.

Edited by aquamarine__

I've done all that. It isn't working. My inventory hasn't changed. I've gone through the whole story numerous times as I see it. Nothing is happening. So are you saying I don't have to click within the pictures at all? Arggghhhh.....

I suggest starting over and writing down of the options you've tried. Maybe you're skipping over stuff thinking you've already tried it. :3

If the story really seems to be stuck, do the usual clearing of cache and cookies, logging out and in, restarting the browser, computer, and router or modem. :3

I have 39/40, still missing something. Now I'm off to bowling so will have to try later.

I suggest starting over and writing down of the options you've tried. Maybe you're skipping over stuff thinking you've already tried it. :3

If the story really seems to be stuck, do the usual clearing of cache and cookies, logging out and in, restarting the browser, computer, and router or modem. :3

Oh, I've tried every option for sure. It is apparently really stuck. If you are saying I don't actually have to click anywhere within the picture, then it's stuck.

What item do I need to find in order to open the doors that need some sort of magic spell? I think that is where I am stuck...

What a great surprise it was this game! I really didn't expect that on DC. TJ,you've really impressed me biggrin.gif and a big thanks to all the artists behind this Haunted House game.I can't imagine how many weeks of work were needed to make it.

The only think I didn't liked much were the draws of the places,I think they could be more worked out.Anyway,congratulations! smile.gif

I ended the game soon and got my crazy rainbow chicken ^^

Well, this was interesting. Went through it in 10 minutes. But this event is pretty awesome to have. decided to go through it again and read the story.

Some fun facts about the spells:

Urhusuturhu, efod jojumo! - Abracadabra, open sesame!

Ro vhoo, thuwed jfahak.. - Be free, dragon spirit..

Edited by BirdSpirit