TJ09

2011-10-27 - Haunted House Event

Is anybody able to help me: My Items so far

I've got 39/40 (including the chicken) and can't find the 40th item. Is it still possible for me to get it (I think it's the little green pygmy on a scroll).

missing the chicken and the odd big item heap full of colors, looks like one of those deco sea algae things or whatever too put color in an aquarium...

i tried several descriptions in here given for the disco but cant seem to find it, quest been finished once as well

I think you need all the other items before the rainbow wonder will show itself... try taking another look around the garden/greenhouse areas. smile.gif

Saw some request for a walk-through but I don't think that's allowed - it would ruin the fun for some.

I can say it is supposed to be a haunted house, so visualize it as such. There is more than one story so map it out if you need to.

there's an outside, first floor, second floor, attic, basement and green house (part of outside I guess). There's over 20 Areas/Room to travel through and if you don't find your items the first time through, go back and do it again making sure to check out each option you have.

I actually mapped out the rooms - so I knew how to get around if I needed to return to an area. There are basically two rooms that allow you to move between 1st and 2nd floors. Of course the "2nd" floor isn't the top most... wink.gif

I'm not even seeing that these places are available. Let me log out and try logging back in. The only paths I have available are the courtyard and woods. I can't get into the house at all.

missing the chicken and the odd big item heap full of colors, looks like one of those deco sea algae things or whatever too put color in an aquarium...

i tried several descriptions in here given for the disco but cant seem to find it, quest been finished once as well

Ok, here comes a description: Ballroom -> Balcony -> Laboratory -> Library -> the Garden -> the Greenhouse -> Enter Greenhouse -> Greenhouse Workroom -> Investigate Shelves. I hope this can help you. smile.gif

Don't mind me. Just fixing your color tag. :3

EDIT: Thanks wink.gif I just noticed it myself...whoops.

Edited by Nyastara

I can't find the scroll with the green dragon on the top or the chicken. Can anybody help me? I think I've looked everywhere!

What do we need to appease the little green dragon?

First, you need the bold pygmy dragon -- then you need to take it through the spell-locked door and downstairs -- and it will get you what you need. wink.gif

This is AWESOME! I love text adventures. :3 So exciting! Hugs to everyone who helped make it, the art is gorgeous.

WTF?!?! i went through the ENTIRE haunted house at 8AM this morning *and that was BEFORE going to bed!* and after i got all 39, minus the disco chicken, i took me like 10 minutes to find the chicken, i just couldn't get the dang thing!! but about half way through i realized i was on my KID'S scroll! wah! oh well, they are so young, 4 & 7 i knew i would have to do the haunted scavenger hunt twice anyways, they are WAY too young to read the story, get the hints & follow clues.

so i get up this afternoon, well rested, knowing i have to do the whole thing one more time, feeling a little bit better though, knowing where to get all the items this time around. i've made it through the entire house, and guess what i can't get!!! THE BLASTED DISCO CHICKEN!!! dry.gif i KNOW where to get it, i keep going there & the chicken refuses to show up!!!

why you so shy disco chicken?!?!?! can someone tell me- what is the trick to this little guy?!?!?

<3 misfit

well, after doing the same thing for the 50th time, i finally got the stinking disco chicken!!

TO THOSE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE CHICKEN: i think the problem with those who can't get it is that you have to go through the end story line in a very precise manner *like, you have to click everything & go to the certain places in the right order* SO if you're having the same problem as me: my only solution for yall is to keep going through the end as many times as it takes to get the crazy dancin disco chicken!

and i know i've done mucho complaining, and even though i've already said it, after all the BAD things i've said, i feel i need to say it again:

i've been on DC for a few years, and therefore MANY holiday events. this has been my FAVORITE event by far EVAR!!! the story was amazing, i loved reading it! the art was great, the collectibles are awesomely done, as always!! happy.gif and it was FUN, except for the times when you would get stuck, but this being the FIRST time an event like this was done on DC, hiccups are to be expected! it was great fun, and if it was MY choice, which i know it's NOT!! biggrin.gif i would have most events on DC follow this structure!!

<3 misfit

I think this is the best event ever!! I don't even play games like this so I just fumbled around and around until I was everywhere at least 3 times wink.gif and then I couldn't find the darn chicken and finally gave up and there it was!!!

Thank you very much TJ and everyone who contributed to this event.

Wooo I finally finished.

All 40 objects received.

So this is my first holiday event on here, all we get from doing this is the little badge on our scroll correct?

I can't find the scroll with the green dragon on the top or the chicken. Can anybody help me? I think I've looked everywhere!

Take another look around the living room.

Woot! Found the last one. Now have 40/40.

^ person above, you probably still need the chicken (supposedly can only be gotten when you finish the quest

Edited by rox_squirrel

got 31 items so far biggrin.gif i think i'll take a break and go for the rest later ninja.gif cheers to all involved in making this happen! i can't even imagine how much work went into it all wub.gif

*does a happy dance* Found that chicken biggrin.gifxd.png

DONE!

Very cool.

ok, show of hands .. who made themselves a little map or flowchart?

*TD raises hand* lol

TD.x.

Edited by Twilightdreamer1979

Is anybody able to help me: My Items so far

I've got 39/40 (including the chicken) and can't find the 40th item. Is it still possible for me to get it (I think it's the little green pygmy on a scroll).

Yup you need the small parchment the pygmy is sitting on. You show him the dead rat.

I have 39/40 and completed the quest. O.o

The 40th item is the rainbow chicken, which you can only get after you finished collecting the other 39 items and calming the spirit. smile.gif

Very awesome Haunted House!! Finally finished it, needing only 2 spoilers. awesome little sprites, and a very confusing maze of a mansion. Definatly a good idea to make a map, either drawing it or listing out where each room as an outline. Can't wait to see the halloween dragon's release!!! THANKS GUYS!!!

edit: Forgot, I kept wondering when the game was gonna kill me!! and I have to start all over again! smile.gif

Edited by Kara Wolf

38 and got the badge! Have to go back and find the chicken! Edited by Erob13

Reminder to post spoilers in white text so that people who don't want them don't accidentally run across them. ^^

[color=white]spoiler here[/color]

Reminder