StarSea

Story Thread (And a story on the data monster!)

If I where to add a book shelf with links to the OP so people can find where they left off last, what would you say to that?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Modern Dragon

-Part 3-

Elise reached for the dragon but it backed away. "Come on, you got to hide." Rik's mom kept knocking on the door. "Open the door, Rik." He nervously scanned around the bedroom. "One second, mom." The dragon's scales startes to match its enviroment. Soon, it was invisable...except for its tail. The dragon is still learning, Elise thought. Swiftly, she sat in front of the dragon.

Rik opened the door a crack. "What is it?" But his mother flung the door wide open. She walked around the room like a health inspector. "Elise's parents are home. They want her back soon. Just what are you two doing anyways?" Rik tried to look cool and layed back, but there was still some worry in his chocolate-brown eyes. "Oh we were just chillin' out. I have not had the chance to hang out with Elise in a while." The mother looked at Elise. "Well, you better be heading home soon. I'll leave you two alone for a few more minutes." Rik's mom picked up some if his dirty laundry in the corner, then left. Rik sighed.

"You said you seen that dragon type before. Maybe you can identify it better by bringing it home?" Rik's question was more like a command. "Besides, my parents are already thinking something fishy is going on."

Elise shrugged her shoulders "Fine, but I need something to carry it in."

Rik dug under his bed, found a backpack, and dumped all the books out. It was a little bit of a struggle because he wasn't very strong, being more on the lean side. What he lacked in strength he made up in height. Rik was at least a head taller than Elise, even thought they were both 16. "Here. You can give this back next time we meet at school." Elise scooped up the half-invisable dragon and placed it inside.

As soon as she got home she saw both of her parents at the table with dinner made. "Come sit down." Elise's father beckoned her over. "Alright. Just let me put my backpack away." Going into her bedroom Elise made sure to lock her bedroom door. Opening the backpack, the dragon jumped out with joy. It loved the breath of fresh air.

She picked the hatchling up and set it on the bed. "Stay there, okay?" Amazed that it understood, it sat on the bed. Digging through her books was a very difficult task, considering she had so many. An old leather book on dragons caught her eyes. "There you are." Elise sat dowb on a chair in the corner, facing the dragon. She bought this book on ebay because she liked how old and authentic it looked. Elise had no idea exactly how old the book was. Flipping through the yellowed pages, rivers of illustrations of different dragon types filled her eyes.

Upon finding the dragon type she wanted, Elise read the blurb about it.

Thank you all so much! Yay stories!!! I'm going to put up the dragon adventure part three soon... laugh.gif

Modern Dragon

-Part 4-

The print was a bit faded, but Elise managed to read it. "Svigkion dragons are more of the rarer breeds. Males are larger with dark maroon scales and silver stripes. Females are smaller and a light maroon with gold stripes. All hatchlings start of with speckles that later turn into stripes with age."

Elise peeked at the dragon again. "So your a boy." The hatchling chirped in response. Elise continued reading. "The range in size of a bike to a small car." Elise's eyes widened. "How the heck are we going to hide you?"The hatchling did nothing but flick it's tail.

"Like all dragons, this one gets its magic from a certain area. This breed gets it magic from the stone on it's chest. The stone can come in any color and grows larger as it gains better control over its magic. If the stone is removed the dragon will die, but it will give great power to a human holder of such a stone. Parents of this breed don't raise their young but instead leave them in the hands of a worthy human. This breed tends to trust humans better. It is also not unusual for these dragon to be capitable for human speech. This dragon type unlike others is rather weak when it comes to telepathy." That was all it said.

Elise looked again at the dragon. "Well, I'm no very creative with names, but you need one. Rex?" The dragon shook it's head. "Sven? Flame? Sharptooth?" The hatchling still shook it's head. "How about Kion?" The dragon slowly nodded. "Alright! Kion you shall be. Now stay here, I'll get you something to eat." Downstairs, Elise grabbed her cold dinner. Her parents finished eating and were talking while washing plates. She snuck upstairs with the meal. "Okay, I don't know what you like to eat. There is ham, mashed potatos and greenbeans."

She set the plate on the ground and Kion rushed over. He gobbled the ham first, then ate some of the mashed potatos. Kion didn't even touch the greenbeans. Elise meanwhile texted Rik the new information she learned. Rik told her to keep the book in a safe place because something is special about it.

Elise found a great hiding spot under her matress for the book. "More!" Elise spun her head around. Once again a high pitched "More!" Was heard. It was Kion. He spoke his first word. She smiled and gave him a pat on the head. "Okay, I'll get you some leftovers from the fridge."

And so the day continued with Kion from time to time asking for more food. Elise hoped her parents wouldn't notice some food missing. At the end of the day Elise set a little pillow next to her bed. Kion snuggled up to it and gently closed his eyes. Elise fell quickly asleep....once again having the same nightmare as last time. She woke up once again in a puddle of her own sweat screaming for life.

(Okay part 5 will be up soon. I would love for anybody to comment or make suggestions for my story. It motivates me and so far I don't know if anybody likes my story.)

Myth

~Chapter 1~

Draith quietly walked down a narrow streetway, ignoring the disapproving looks of the few who were outside at a time like this. It was dark, though the woman didn't care. She didn't need to stay inside a house all night or carry a weapon to be ignored. Though she did carry two weapons, it was just a force of habit. Keeping unwelcomed guests away was made even easier that way.

"Draith... c'mon, stop a second!" A young voice called behind her even though she ignored it. The younger boy had been following her for a while even though she didn't want anything to do with him.

Ren ran faster to catch up to the shade, slowing down when he neared her. "You're still new here... don't you think you should have someone around?" He asked, glancing at her for a second before looking forward again. A simple, but stern no was the only answer he'd gotten from her even after the five more times he suggested it.

The taller red-head sighed, very annoyed with the kid that was following her around. "Stop. Alright?" Draith stopped and looked at him as he stared back at her, some worry in his eyes. "Go home... it's too late for you to be out anyway. Almost midnight. No child should be out at this time. Especially not here." She added before walking away. "Hey! Who you calling a kid?"

Ren didn't know how old the odd woman was, nor where she originally came from. He only knew that she'd brought along two others who weren't with her now. Three days spent walking around together to suddenly not be around? That didn't make much sense to Ren.

They both stopped in front of an old Inn, hardly used by anyone now as most everyone had some place to live. Draith had tried to get the boy to leave to no success. She'd resisted setting him aflame, knowing such a thing would cause more trouble than she personally needed now.

"I can get you a room if you want..." The sudden response only further the shade's reason to leave him where he was. Though she knew from experience that it wouldn't have worked. "I don't need one... and you should be going home." She simply stated before opening the door.

The Inn only had four people in it excluding herself and the boy. Two younger men sat at the farthest table to her left while what looked to be the owner and the barkeeper sat and talked. Both paid no mind to Draith or Ren as they walked in. The pair of men to her left nodded to her as she walked toward them.

"Make a new friend?" The younger of the two men asked as a joke. The other shook his head disapprovingly. "Ren, how's about you get going? You seem to have made her very annoyed at this time..." Ren frowned at the man who spoke, his light blue eyes seeming to glow amongst his dark silver hair. "She doesn't seem annoyed." He defended, glancing at the taller red-haired woman beside him. The sword at her side was most of what worried him though. "Well trust me, having her not annoyed is a good thing. I'd get going." The other man commented with a bit of a chuckle.

"Zailik." Draith growled, glaring at the younger man. He put his hands up in defense, mostly to show he wasn't trying to cause more trouble. "Alright you two... Ren, if you must, come sit." Jayes spoke first sternly but quickly switched to a kinder tone. He made room for the boy at his side, asking the shade to sit after. "Did you hear about Seval's return yet?" He asked Draith, mostly to stop the shade from actually getting mad enough to kill the young kid.

"Of course. I nearly ran into the blasted dragon and his human when they landed. Someone needs to teach the dragon how to look before he tries to land..." She answered as Zailik took a sip of some ale. "I thought I told you not to have anymore?" The soldier sighed and put it down. "That's when we actually had a reason not too... we don't even know what's going on anymore Draith. What's a few gonna hurt?" But he didn't receive an answer as Layel walked through the door. If this Inn was anything, it was often a meeting place whether or not anyone knew it. "I don't think she knows either..." All three others heard Zailik comment before he finished his drink.

"I know one thing..." Layel started as she walked toward the owner of the Inn. She didn't even notice that Jayes, Ren, Zailik and Draith were there at all. "This new change is causing more trouble than it had been before. If we don't get a handle on this, we're all in trouble." The small group exchanged looks, least of all worried was almost always Draith. She knew more about the situation than she let on, having run into a few of the newcomers on her way to the Inn. "So you figured out the threat?" The barkeeper asked eagerly. The young girl nodded slowly. "Seval found a few on his way back. They're coming in small groups so far... they seemed shocked from seeing a dragon and were all too eager to attack him with their weapons..." The conversation continued but it was drowned out by the small talk of the table where the shade sat.

"The myth-seekers?" Jayes half asked everyone. "The humans... yes." Draith answered simply, looking at Ren as he sighed. "Dad said this was going to happen one day.." "Wait what?" Zailik interrupted, having not paid much attention to anything that was being said. "The threat Layel speaks of are of the humans long lost to our world... the ones who deem every single one of us here as myths. Much like our friend Ren here before he came to live in Lyndrich." Jayes answered, stopping for a brief moment over Layel's name as memories started to flood his mind. He pushed them away, hoping no one noticed his pause.

(comments, crit, anything- lemme know smile.gif and Drakelina, I do like your story)

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Wow! You two are rolling! I'm currently sick, but when I get better, I'll be back with part three and four.

I think I'll make both of your's as one of my larger options because they are longer than most of the other posts.

Edited by StarSea

heh yeah.... sorry about that, I write a lot when I get going rolleyes.gif

Hope you feel better though smile.gif

I might just have the next chapter up today sometime... I feel like writing but we'll see.

Get well soon StarSea! smile.gif And thanks Dragonhatchling for the compliment. I like your story too and I'm kind of curious what you have in store for the next chapter.

Myth

~Chapter 2~

"Oh yes!" A voice yelled from inside the old Inn. It had no clear source despite the best attempts to find it from everyone inside the building. "Clever things those are too young man..." It mentioned a little softer as a glass moved on a shelf. A few more moved slightly before everything was still. "Alright... what's going on?" The barkeeper asked, slightly worried even though he didn't show it.

Draith sighed, standing from her seat and giving a quick but high-pitched whistle, causing a few more glasses to shake before one completely fell off, a flash of green showing quickly before disappearing. "Come on... enough games." The shade directed to the sight of green.

"Clever they are..." The voice said again before a small dragon fluttered up to Layel's shoulder, startling the young girl. "Young child... you said you've seen them?" The dragon asked, jumping back into the air as the girl struggled to get a better look at the wing-lizard on her shoulder. She nodded, glancing warily at the owner of the Inn and the barkeeper. Neither knew what to make of the creature though everyone could tell it was obviously a dragon.

"Who's that?" Ren whispered to both Zailik and Jayes, watching the dragon with interest. "Someone Draith also nearly ran into on her travels here... though this one purposely tried to get run over by her horse." Zailik answered with the same soft whisper as he glared at the dragon. It had tried to coerce him into buying a few herbs he very-well knew were poisonous, claiming them to have healing powers. The dragon perked her head in their direction as she listened to them talk, a small smile working its way onto her snout. "You two don't leave her alone do you? Though you should sometime... she does like being left alone for a bit."

Draith had sat back down after the dragon had made herself known, shaking her head when the barkeeper had went for a knife. Killing the creature wasn't going to help. "Venril... back on topic. You had something to say obviously." She mentioned after the dragon had mentioned her. If she wanted to be left alone, she could take care of that herself with the help of the small dragon.

"Ah yes..." Venril started, hovering near Layel's face for a moment in a distant stare. "The ones your fellow called 'myth-seekers' isn't really what they're called... that's more of a general term recently surfaced." The dragon moved toward the counter, quickly landing and resuming her sitting position. The bag around her body clanked on the surface but she didn't seem to notice. "They were originally just called humans... though from a distant time- once banished to a different world mind you- they are now back though even I am not entirely sure the reason..."

Venril eyed the shade for a moment as she took in who all was around. She seemed to laugh a little but continued with her speech. "Now what you, Jayes, call myth-seekers are less commonly known as fythrel." She stopped as the owner of the Inn coughed. Moving to her left slightly, the dragon waited for the questions she expected.

"They're probably here for the city then..." Ren pipped up, startled when the small dragon quickly flew over to him. "Yes they probably are... Ren... right?" Venril asked as her head tilted to the side. Her yellow eyes holding their famous innocent look. "How do you know both Jayes' name and Ren's?" Zailik added as he started at the dragon. He knew some dragons, though he never figured they could be so small.

"She pays more attention to things than you'd think Zailik." Draith answered for her, the dragon turning her attention on the shade. "I know your past too... not a nice one but obviously you've left that behind for now, haven't you?" The small creature more accused than asked as she examined the young woman. She chuckled a little before walking back to her spot on the main counter. "I'm done in case you all were waiting for me to speak again." She mentioned, wishing more questions were being asked.

Layel didn't quite know what to ask, though she did have a question and the dragon seemed to want at least one more. "If the... fythrel are really here for the city, then the rumors that have been going around are really true?" She didn't like the narrow-eyed look the small dragon gave her just then, as if her question had just ruined everything she just got done telling. "Perhaps. It would depend on what they consist of of-course. Certainly what you and your large dragonny-friend were sent out to investigate might be more true than you think."

Layel did not like the sound of that at all. Seval had come to her to investigate a request from a few of his older contacts throughout the city. A small rock had been found and once touched, it seemed to have disappeared. Magic wasn't unfamiliar around Lyndrich, nor the surrounding area, but the stone didn't seem right. It didn't seem magic at all, or from around any of the forests or lakes. One resident had suggested to investigate Fenmrik Ridge up in the mountains after reading a few reoccurrences had been reported there long ago. Perhaps it could have happened again and that was reason enough to send them both. They had found nothing though and shortly after the rumors of different humans showing up were starting. Now that she and Seval had saw a few and Venril had confirmed the suspicions, things were looking bright for what Layel was thinking. She knew from a few readings that those humans had been banished, though no record of why had been found. The young girl could only hope that it wasn't something too terrible, though from what Venril had given in knowledge, she could tell the dragon wasn't telling everything she knew.

Modern Dragon

-Part 5-

Kion opened his eyes to Elise's screaming. He had no idea why she was upset, but he curled up right next to her and rested his head on her shoulder. Elise flinched but said nothing. After countless minutes she finally was able to fall asleep again.

The smell of pancakes filled the air with a sweet aroma. Elise's mother was probably making them since her mom always made breakfast on weekends. "Kion, I'm going to be gone for a while. Make sure to stay hidden. If you do I might have Rik over for a while tomorrow." Kion nodded at Elise, then chirped happily.

Downstairs, Elise poked at her meal. "Mom, can I go to the library today? I'll take my bike." Her mother washed some dishes. "I'm fine with it. Just eat up those pancakes first." Elise smiled and ate all but one more. She folded it in half and sneeked upstairs. She placed the pancake on the ground for Kion to gobble up. She grabbed the book under her matress. Maybe I could find another book by....Sir Hedrick Burton.

Before going to the library, Elise went to Rik's to explain what she knew so far. "Kion? That's an interesting name." Rik commented. Elise shrugged. "He didn't like the other ones I came up with." Elise then looked at her watch. "I have to go to the library...See you later." All Rik said was. "I'll be around."

The trip to the library was a two mile bike ride, making Elise grateful she had a bike. At the library, Elise looked at books on some shelves. The author's name stood out like a sore thumb on only one book, and it wasn't even by Burton himself. The title read. "The Madness of Sir Hedrick Burton". Just the title made Elise upset. He was not crazy. Who was she to think she could find another old book at a public library?

She sat down on a table to read. The print was rather small so Elise dug through her purse for her reading glasses. The first few pages just talked about how Burton seemed so mad in thinking dragons were real. One page caught her eye. He also thought another race of humans existed. The Yuj'jia, also called magic cravers. They hunted and killed dragons to gain magic and power from them. They were constantly craving new magic, hence the name. They have silver hair and eyes, but if they are weak in magic their eyes and parts of hair turn black. If they are strong, parts of their hair turn gold. They hide by transforming into normal humans. The only way to tell if they are true Yuj'jia is they always have their name tattooed on their shoulder in their own language. The rest of the book went on with Hedrick's childhood and what may have cause him to become insane.

Elise looked up to register all this in her mind. That was when she saw Quinn looking down on her. Surprised her crush was looking at her, she took off her glasses. She was afraid she looked like a nerd. He gave a playful wink. "What book are you reading?" Elise never really talked to Quinn at school, mainly because she didn't have the guts. "Oh,

umm..just a book for a boring report." Quinn tipped his head to the side. Elise admired his features. Strong muscles, blond shaggy hair, bright green eyes, all complete with a light tan. His only flaw was a scar on his left eye. He gave a pearly white smile. "Looks interesting, may I have a look?" Before Elise had the chance to respond, Quinn sat right next to her and looked at the book. Elise meanwhile was blushing like no tomorrow. Her wavy hair was all frizzy now and she tried to straighten it the best she could. The one time Quinn talks to me I look like hell. Go figure.

Quinn chuckled inwardly. "This guy is looney. All this is B.S." Elise chuckled with him "I know, right? Too bad I have to do a report on this nutjob." Elise spoke a little too loudly so a nearby librarian shushed her. Elise's blush turned even redder. "Well, I got to check out this book." She stood up. Quinn followed. "Your name is Elise, right? I think we have the same math class." Elise tried to hold back a smile. "Yup, and what's your name?" She acted as if she didn't know." Quinn gave another warm smile. "Quinn. Nice to meet you too. Hey, maybe we could hang out tomorrow?" Without thinking she nodded her head. She got a pen from her purse and written her number down on his arm. "You can text me anytime." Elise grinned.

She checked out her book then waved goodbye as they parted ways.

A guilty thought crept into her head. I promised Kion that he would see Rik tomorrow....what should I tell them both?

She started her bike ride home, deep in thought.

Edited by Drakelina

Myth

~Chapter 3~

"I don't see why we have to bring that along with us..." Zailik complained again as he walked Ren back down the narrow streets. "How many times do you have to say that? I can hear you quite clearly..." The small dragon mentioned again, fluttering up to the former soldier's shoulder before dodging the hand that was swatted at her. "Here Venril... you can sit on my shoulder if you want." Ren offered kindly. The dragon gratefully perched herself on the young boy's right shoulder, glaring at Zailik for a moment before nuzzling her head into the boy's hair. 'Great... the beast that tries to kill us now made a friend.' Zailik thought as they walked.

Eventually the small group arrived at their destination. It was a half frozen plot of land fenced in with small iceblocks. Or at least they looked like iceblocks from what any of them could see. Inside the fencing seemed to be a blizzard that was contained to the area. "She's at it again..." Venril muttered, jumping off Ren and pushing at a few of the sections of ice. "She froze the gate too!"

Ren and Zailik exchanged a puzzled series of looks as the small dragon continued to try and push at a few blocks. Even with their help and some fire, nothing moved.

"What are you three doing?" A voice asked from the other side after a few more tries. Ren squinted to get a better look at the figure behind the ice. Venril meanwhile growled slightly, fire puffing out of her mouth for a moment as she directed it at the ice again. It didn't even start to melt. "That's useless for right now... but what do you want?" The voice asked again as the storm stopped inside the enclosure. "Can we come in at all? We're here to ask a few questions if that's alright..." Zailik asked after picking Venril up, figuring it would stop her from trying to melt the ice. She didn't protest and shortly worked her way up to his shoulders, draping herself around his neck to free up his hands. "I won't try anything. I know that's why you hate me." She whispered just as some of the ice disappeared. "Come in if you must. No fire." The voice mentioned, the figure disappearing as the group walked inside.

The land was covered with fresh snow and looked much larger than it had presented on the outside. A blue/white dragon was sitting in the middle of the yard, watching their every step. "You wanted to speak to me?" She asked a little kinder than before. "Have you noticed anything unusual lately?" Ren went right out and asked as he marveled at the frozen land that had been created. "No... not aside from a few oddities running around claiming they're going to help us all. That and one of them froze in here the other day... dug in and well, dug in at the wrong time. Blizzard came through and I happened to be out otherwise he might have lived." The dragon answered as she stood up, walking the short distance over to Ren. "You enjoying what you see?" She asked, lowering her head to his level. "What kind of dragon are you anyway?

"A Frost! Or Ice... whichever she prefers, she'd got both in her." Venril answered before anyone else could get the chance. "Yes... er... well you can call me Adrian. I can't promise that storm won't show up again, but if it does you're all welcome to stay in my cave... which should be a bit warmer than out here in a storm." Adrian answered as she raised her head again.

"What do you mean by 'oddities running around'? Were they humans?" Zailik asked as he took Venril off his shoulders. She scratched at him this time, jumping into the thick snow. For a moment you couldn't see the small green dragon as the plume of snow that had risen covered her. Venril's head poked up out of the mound moments later, shaking snow and ice off her face. "Yes they were... though the three that were here I can't say I saw them before. Then again, I don't get out much around here either so they could've been traders." Adrian answered the man as she watched Ren walk around a little. "She can be a bit shy and prefers to stay in the colder areas... though I hoped you would have known that Zailik. You seem smart enough to..." Venril grumbled as she pulled herself out of the snowmound.

The group ended up leaving Adrian's 'area' with the new dragon right behind them. She had offered to come along in hopes of possibly helping this new search Zailik had said they were sent on. She didn't have a clue who Layel or Draith were, though she assumed she would find out sometime.

~~~

"Seval and I didn't find anything new... I told you that already." "We didn't either." Jayes added. He wasn't really sure how this argument had started, though he wasn't about to let it continue. "So stop barking at Layel... she's done all you asked anyway. More if you add in what Refthar had suggested."

Draith came back down the stair of the Inn, surprised to see Seval's head jammed in the doorway. She wouldn't have guessed his head could fit even after spending more of her time with dragons. "Here... see if you two can be useful and find anything in this..." She threw a large leather book down on the bar-counter, volunteering the owner and bar-keeper to look through the book. "I'll go see if I can find anything else upstairs again. Kes, you're running out of books... thought you'd like to know that."

'Is she crazy?' Seval asked Layel mentally, his deep purple eyes staring at the book. 'There's no way those two will finish reading through that before she gets back down...' 'Then lets help... you go find Shadow. Maybe she'll have more information. She seems to always be out causing trouble for hunters anyway...' Layel offered, walking over to the counter and helping the pair skim the pages.

Seval, meanwhile, had already flown off in search of Shadow. He knew right were to look.

Myth

~Chapter 4~

Seval flew long and hard in search of his older kin Layel wanted found. He knew where Shadow was likely to be and didn't seem bothered by it at all. Shadow dragons usually like dark, lonely, mysterious places and the odd Eastern Forest was just the place.

This forest had a knack for being called the Cursed Forest though the young shadow dragon never could get an answer as to why from anyone. He knew Venril probably knew as she seemed to know everything, often getting many in trouble for that very reason. All Seval could do right now was find Shadow though and find Shadow he would.

Landing lightly before the large mass of darkened trees, the younger dragon looked around for a moment. No sign of any life was around yet like the forest's western sibling. Nearly any animal could be found roaming around near the forest, even more inside its thick walls of protective trees. Perhaps the supposed curse was the reason, though he knew now that the mythic curse didn't stop Shadow. She'd been clearly alive before all this craziness had occurred in Lyndrich.

"Shadow, you about?" Seval called as he carefully wandered into the mass of dark trees. This went on for a while as he walked further, the dense plants too thick for flying. He stopped in occasional clearings, looking for any sign of a dragon or other type of life. "Shadow! Come out... we need you..." The young shadow dragon called again after stopping in a larger clearing.

"You don't need me. There's no we to be found either... you are one and only one around. No two, or seven. No we." A voice echoed throughout the area. It couldn't be pinpointed to any one spot but continued to repeat the sentence as Seval spouted out similar responses. "Layel needs you back at Lyndrich.... so do a few others." The dragon added after listening to the same sentence for a while. He hoped it would have stopped sooner as he ran out of different ways to produce the same meaning.

"They all wanted me out of there after I apparently caused more trouble than that rock." The voice mentioned angrily which caused Seval to turn fully around. The older shadow dragon sat a little ways away from him, wings folded in gently at her sides. The crystal around her neck seemed to collect the shadows that swelled around her. "No... Refthar asked you to leave in search of this rock that happened to show up. He knew you frequented this forest and figured you might be able to find something here- if anything." Seval responded kindly as he sat down. They soon ended up walking back toward the beginning of the forest furthering their conversation in a similar manner before making their way back to Lyndrich after some more convincing from Seval.

-----

"Where do you keep finding these things?" Draith stopped, halfway up the stairs again for the sixth time. "Your so-called library up there in the room no one was supposed to be able to get into. Where else?" She answered before walking up the stairs again.

The shade had brought five more books down after Layel had started to help skim. So far they had found hardly anything mentioning odd magical rocks or anything similar. Adrian had offered her services to help after arriving and hadn't had much luck herself. Even Venril did not know much of the rock she'd personally made a point to see before it disappeared. Zailik and Jayes busied themselves with skimming more of the books Draith had brought down, having been through this a few times before.

"Does she even read these or just pull them off the shelves?" The barkeeper asked after shutting another book. "Question should be, do you read those before closing them?" Zailik asked back after setting another open book aside. Two others were in the same pile and seemed to have a few words of interest.

WOW! I haven't been on here in forever! I'm so sorry you two... Lost of upsetting stuff has been happening in RL, and I couldn't be on for a while. I'll get the shelvs done as soon as I can. Sorry about that.

Haven't written in a while... sorry...

Myth

~Chapter 5~

As the two shadow dragons neared Lyndrich, the pair took notice that the few humans who were about were increasingly getting more worried. Seval knew why and knew Shadow obviously would know. She wasn't welcomed. Hadn't been for a while.

"Horrible idea... why did I agree to this again?" Shadow commented bitterly, angling off her course to land a little ways from the city and started to walk as Seval continued to fly. "You agreed so you could help us... and, I'll guess, redeem yourself for what Refthar spread about you and our kind." "Lotta good that did you... you're still fine. Not displaced or run out of your home... not living in some rundown cursed forest that constantly tries to kill you." The younger dragon seemed to sigh, adverting his course so he could walk with his older kin. "No... but you told me last time we saw you that you liked it there." Shadow snorted angrily, stopping abruptly as he finished the sentence. "Yes... when it wasn't trying to kill me! You miss that part that I mentioned before?" She responded, starting her brisk pace up again. Seval didn't even get to respond as Shadow took off, changing her flight-path to get away from the city.

--------

It took a little while longer for Seval to actually make it to the Inn his companion was at after spending a few hours trying to find Shadow. When he opened one of the doors, Venril nearly ran into him. "Well well... look who's back. Get attacked by a sand serpent?" She asked somewhat mockingly, stepping aside to let him in as best he could.

Adrian couldn't help but laugh a little as she continued to pass semi-interesting books through an open window that came off her large pile outside. "She's been flitting around skimming books the barkeeper and the owner won't read through... which is a lot for two people who said they'd help." She added after calming down a little.

"You have to be kidding..." "Hey! Watch where you swat your hand... that was my head you almost hit." Seval could tell from the voices that Venril had been bothering Zailik again before he even stuck his head inside. It was true though, the small dragon was dodging Zailik's hand and toying with him now by using that tactic. A few books had been scattered about from the small scene before Venril stopped her flying, landing forcefully on Zailik's head before jumping off with a shrill laugh.

"Someone go get that thing's cage... or find one for it..." The young soldier muttered angrily, realizing the dragon's claws had drawn some blood. "Come now... it wasn't that bad. Sure will teach you to not hit me in the head again. Won't it?" The small green dragon taunted, tilting her head to the side playfully before returning to skimming books. Zailik mocked her under his breath as he went back to reading. "She'll do it again if you keep doing that..." Jayes mentioned quietly as he passed another book over to his friend.

"Seval... where's-" The young shadow dragon shook his head lightly, being careful to not break the doorframe he had his head stuck through. "Left... took off angrily and disappeared. Couldn't find her since." He answered Layel, grabbing the pile of books she held gently with his teeth. He stepped backward, setting them at his side out in the fresh air. "She didn't want to come back... did she?" Layel asked somewhat sadly, seeming to now that it was going to be harder to get the older dragon back. "She said she would... but then changed her mind after we 'argued' again... she really was the one arguing- I wasn't paying enough attention to her words apparently." "That's too bad... Shadow's resourceful though, she should be fine outside that forest for a good while if she hasn't gone ba- sorry... I interrupted didn't I?" Adrian returned to her book before either dragon or human could say anything.

"Quit yelling!" Venril shouted as her wings flared after dodging another empty bottle. "Get out of here you rat... stealing my wares will not get you anything!" The owner of the Inn yelled angrily as he aimed for another shot. "Kethal..." The sternness of the word cut through the sound of shattering glass. Draith had made her way down the stairs again as a large pile of small books laid to her left. "Killing her won't help you either- I'd know..." She mentioned, lowering the knife she'd taken out. Kethal eyed the blade, scowling at the odd woman. "You and your friends shouldn't be around here anyway... this all happened right before you came. How do we know you didn't cause it? You work with that type of stuff anyway...." He started to ramble a little as both the small dragon and the shade started to close in on him. Both, though, for different reasons.

Draith grabbed the dragon's neck as she jumped at the man, stopping the scaled-beast in mid-flight before she could do anymore harm. "Let go!" She yelled, scratching the arm that held her. "Then don't do it..." Zailik mentioned as he walked over to help. "Using magic isn't uncommon here either Kethal... your son knows that too, doesn't he?" The soldier added as he tied a leather strap around Venril's neck, making a sort of leash for the dragon. "My son's been dead for two years because of those trouble-making ways..." The Inn's owner answered as he backed up when Venril started to growl. Draith said something quietly before the dragon calmed down. "He delved in areas too quickly for his own good... don't blame the gift on that. Besides, magic alone wouldn't create such a thing as this stone we're looking for." She responded to the man as he returned to his place behind the counter while Zailik tied Venril to a support beam.

This conversation went on for a while as the shade tried to calm things down a bit, specifically for the small dragon's sake. She knew more about these subjects than she would willingly let on and for Draith, that was reason enough to keep the troublesome dragon around.

Just a friendly nudge...

If I can find the time again, I'll put up another chapter. Oh and Starsea, your bookshelf kinda pulled a magic trick on everyone wink.gif

I saw this thread, so I decided to teach one of my dragons to write. I have transcribed here. Please enjoy.

Hello. My name is Roy Greenhilt. I am a Royal Blue dragon found and raised by a nice man named Robby. He said he named me after a great fighter who doesn't exist.

I don't really get it.

I like Robby. He taught me how to write. I like writing, so he said that I should write a journal. So, I am. But not now. Now is supper!

~~~

Supper is done.

I keep thinking about the fighter Robby likes to talk about. He must be a great fighter for me to be named after him. I can't really imagine what he looks like, as I don't see too many humans, but he must be nice.

It is getting late. I am going to sleep and write more in the morning.

Farewell.

Edited by thegreenrobby

Humna humna... Thank you for the stories everyone!!! Sorry about the shelves... my pb started laging, so I moved everything and thought I sent and adjusted all the pictures that needed, but it seems I've missed some. I've gots loads to do, so when I find the time, I'll see if I can fix the books and add all the books I'm missing (tons). I have started several new books myself, so we'll just have to see what ones I'll be adding chapters from. happy.gif

...I gotta start writing here more xd.png

*kicks time* give me some free moments please!