TJ09

2011-10-25 - Halloween 2011 Schedule.

there doesn't seem to be a limit on Halloween dragons?

Besides Marrow and Harvest, were there others?

Whatt is carrot cave? I saw it on someone's scroll

Carrot cave was when the word dragon was replaced with carrot. Ie, my username was CarrotRider5624. What a fun time! There where Cheese Carrots, Gold Carrots, Silver Carrots, Paper Carrots, Canopy Carrots, etc. It was hilarious.

OK let's put on our Hunting Socks and get in the spirit!

*To the tune of "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor*

First I was afraid

I was petrified

Kept thinking I could never live

without a cavebred stripe

But I spent so many nights

Missing rares that came along

I grew strong

I learned how to carry on

and so they're back

from outer space

I just walked in to find them here

And I joined the great Egg Race

I should have remembered my egg lock

I should have left those commons be

If I had known for just one second

There'd be Halloween eggs for me

Go on now walk out the door

Go to the AP now

'cause I don't have room anymore

weren't you the one who tried to tempt me with an Ice?

you think I'd crumble

you think I'd lay down and die

Oh no, not I!

I will F5!

as long as i know how to click

I know I'll stay alive

I'm a dragon cave captive

And I've got all my time to give

and I'll F5

I will F5!

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Hahaha, clever! I totally lost it and burst out laughing at "I will F5!"

I'm looking forward to catching the new eggs tonight, good thing I have plenty of space. biggrin.gif

Wait a sec...

Will the new dragon be dropping TONIGHT at 0:00, effectively being midnight on the 31st, or TOMORROW night at 0:00, effectively making it midnight November 1st.

Just something that was confusing me. I'm hoping TONGIHT (or really tomorrow, but I consider any time before 2 AM 'tonight' even if it is actually 'tomorrow'.)

I'm just really confused. xd.png

if i recall thats only for limited holidays like x-mas and v-day, but halloween is all about 'the more, the better' so i can't see next-generation breeding being disabled

We tried with the Pumpkins last year and it didn't work, but it would be fun if it did this year. wink.gif

Stupid Newbee question, I think, but in what time zone is DC time? That would be so helpful to find out in relation to my own.

Okay, figured it out. *cringes* But I am not going to stay up until 5 in the morning to wait for your midnight.

Edited by Amarra

@Nureyev

I love your I will F5 -song so much! I can feel now the spirit for tomorrows special Halloween event! *dance*

I can't wait to see the event eggs! This is so exciting! Such an awesome Halloween!

Yay, i can't wait for tomorrow ;D

All my eggs will be hatched tomorrow, so i can grab 7 eggs.

And i already grabbed 5 pumpkins and 5 marrows, that gives me 7 pumpkins and 8 marrows in total. I consider myself happy no matter what i'll get tomorrow but with only 3 hours school i can manage to get some, i think xd.png

I guess i'm lucky this year 8D

So I've got no power at home >< Hopefully it will be back on by tomorrow, because that would completely suck as to have to miss the release of the wonderful Halloween dragons.

Edit; Though to make this more... Halloween event oriented xd.png I did manage to get a hold of both a pumpkin and a Marrow!

Edited by AndrewMav

Can't stop catching off the AP have 3 more pumpkin eggs that need to be traded, and a 4th PB a friend gave me that is going to block me from getting 6 new halloween eggs ah...what to do what to do?

EDIT: have offers to trade an incubate for one of the other pumpkins YAY! Now just 2 more that need to be given away/traded

Edited by Bloodyrose13

Nureyev, you've inspired me to write my own dragon cave spoof of a song.

*To the tune of "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz*

I came to bite-bite-bite-bite.

I hit the cave to get some sprites-sprites-sprites-sprites.

I'm getting all my favorite thangs-thangs-thangs-thangs.

Give me some space for all my eggs-eggs-eggs-eggs.

Yeah, yeah

Cause it goes on and on and on.

And it goes on and on and on.

Ye-ah.

I throw my hands up around Halloween time

Saying, "Ay-oh! Got a Marrow!"

I wanna celebrate and zombify

Saying, "Ay-oh! Chicken disco!"

Cause we gon' rock this club

We gon' click all night

We gon' light it up

For new dragon sprites!

Cause I PMed you once

Now I PMed you twice

We gon' light it up

For new dragon sprites!

I'm gonna take them all, like,

I'm gonna be the last one breeding.

I'm in biomes and all, I,

I'm gonna be the one succeeding

Cause my-my-my dragons will breed.

And I-I-I, I just want them all, I just want them all.

Gon' put my eggs in the incubator

Put my eggs in the 'bator

Put your eggs in the ba-ba-ba-ba-babababator.

I throw my hands up around Halloween time

Saying, "Ay-oh! Got a Marrow!"

I wanna celebrate and zombify

Saying, "Ay-oh! Chicken disco!"

Cause we gon' rock this club

We gon' click all night

We gon' light it up

For new dragon sprites!

Cause I PMed you once

Now I PMed you twice

We gon' light it up

For new dragon sprites!

Thanks for the inspiration, Nureyev! biggrin.gif

So, this year, we've got things happening every day of this mid-week, and then you've got some time to catch up before the "grand finale" release on Halloween.

Tuesday, October 25 - Leetle Trees

As you have probably already seen, Leetle Trees are joining in the festivities with a special design.

Wednesday, October 26 - Holiday Breeding

Past halloween dragons will be breedable beginning at 0:00 and ending at 0:00 on November 1 (a full six days). They will produce multiclutches. Remember that there are no limits on Holiday dragons, but "held egg" rules still apply.

Thursday, October 27 - Halloween Event

There will be a special event beginning at 0:00 on October 27 and running until 0:00 on November 1 (five days). It will not interfere with your egg raising in any way, so don't worry about keeping egg spots free. (HALLOWEEN EVENT ANNOUNCED AND BEING DISCUSSED HERE)

Halloween - October 31

A special event dragon will be available for 24 hours only starting at 0:00 on October 31 and ending at 0:00 on November 1. Grab as many eggs as you can within that time period; as with past years, there will be no Holiday limits.

Topic reminder:

All my Hatchies grow up between 11pm-1am tonight. I cant wait for the new dragons!!!!!!! Is anyone else counting down the hours?

So, I was in the middle of the haunted house, and the site went into downtime. Can I pick up where I left off, or will I have to start all over again?

So, I was in the middle of the haunted house, and the site went into downtime. Can I pick up where I left off, or will I have to start all over again?

You should be able to pick up where you left off. smile.gif That has been the case with most people. However, there have been a couple that have reported glitches where the haunted house reset and they had to start over again.

But most people have been fine, so I think you probably should be too. smile.gif

You should be able to pick up where you left off. smile.gif That has been the case with most people. However, there have been a couple that have reported glitches where the haunted house reset and they had to start over again.

But most people have been fine, so I think you probably should be too. smile.gif

Awesome, thanks for the help! ^ ^

Probably a silly question but as I'm new I'll ask... rolleyes.gif

I have already 4 eggs (and 3 cracked shells that, alas, died.. sniff sniff). As it's halloween, am I allowed to exceed to allowance of eggs at one time? Or can I still only have 4?

Sorry for being annoying.. xd.png

Thanks.

I have already 4 eggs (and 3 cracked shells that, alas, died.. sniff sniff). As it's halloween, am I allowed to exceed to allowance of eggs at one time? Or can I still only have 4?

Thanks.

You can only have 4 eggs at a time if that's your limit.

That's why a lot of people clear out their scrolls for halloween, because it's a "grab as many as you can" day.

Thanks.

You don't have a trophy so you can still only have four eggs at a time.

If I were you, I would get rid of those commons (you can get them anytime) and use all four of your slots to grab the halloweens.

Scroll limits stay the same for holidays. Part of holidays is working out freeing spots you want so you can grab what you want. So no, you will be locked come Halloween. :3