TJ09

2011-10-25 - Halloween 2011 Schedule.

But it isn't correct.

I had the same hour as London and the real difference from New York is 5 hours, not 4.

It is 00:37 now.

From what I understand, GMT has changed back to standerd from summer/daylight time. The US is still on daylight time.

I looked at the time set on your profile and was Oct 30 12:50 am. I am on Pacific Daylight time and it is Oct 29 5:50 pm, I am 3 hours behind Eastern Daylight time so they are Oct 29 8:50pm. That is 4 hours behind your time of Oct 30 12:50 am. It will go back to the normal 5 hour difference when both are on standard time.

With the egg grabbing from the AP, I much prefer Valentine's and Christmas, since they have breed limits, and get easier to catch.

which was why when i grabbed an egg with a parent combo i wasn't interested in i donated it to the Holiday gifting thread before it got overwhelmed. then i just posted them as free in #dctrades. figure i give people with slower connections/reflexes a shot. biggrin.gif

From what I understand, GMT has changed back to standerd from summer/daylight time.  The US is still on daylight time.

I looked at the time set on your profile and was Oct 30 12:50 am.  I am on Pacific Daylight time and it is Oct 29 5:50 pm, I am 3 hours behind Eastern Daylight time so they are Oct 29 8:50pm.  That is 4 hours behind your time of Oct 30 12:50 am.  It will go back to the normal 5 hour difference when both are on standard time.

Maybe, but it appears to be an error on Forum time. On the last months theres a difference between forum hour and real hour on my case.

e.g., if the forum says "my hour" is 4:00 pm it means its 5:00 pm.

Anyway, at this exactly momment, I can´t check it, the hour have just changed 5 minutes ago. I'm now on "Winter time" and you still on "Summer time".

I don't know if I'm explaining myself properly, my english is not very good. sad.gif

Edited by Undomiel

so uhm...

what timezone is the server in??

it's 2.07 am here so just wondering xd.png

omg

that dragon must have been bred literally right before the glitch happened that cause people to have eggs they grabbed from the AP vanish from their scroll. I had one of my dragons breed.. gave me 4 eggs.. 3 went to the AP and the 4th I traded immediately.. the glitch happened a short while later. I assume one of my eggs got caught up in the glitch because now my dragon has 5 eggs .. the 5th being a replacement to one lost from a scroll.

omg

Yes, wasn't it brilliant of TJ?

The people who lost eggs the other day had 'siblings' created of the eggs they lost, so now many progeny pages now show impossible numbers of eggs, lol.

And people have the same lineages as before.

Maybe, but it appears to be an error on Forum time. On the last months theres a difference between forum hour and real hour on my case.

e.g., if the forum says "my hour" is 4:00 pm it means its 5:00 pm.

Anyway, at this exactly momment, I can´t check it, the hour have just changed 5 minutes ago. I'm now on "Winter time" and you still on "Summer time".

I don't know if I'm explaining myself properly, my english is not very good.  sad.gif

If you are saying the time your profile list is off by an hour then you can correct that. Go to My Controls -> Board Settings, find the right listing in the drop down box for your time zone then check or uncheck the box for "Is daylight savings time in effect?". Then hit the button at the bottom "Change my account settings." to apply the changes you made.

But if that makes it 5 hours difference between you and New York, then are you sure you are on London time and not a zone further over? Otherwise I am scratching my head.

so uhm...

what timezone is the server in??

it's 2.07 am here so just wondering 

Cave time = Eastern Daylight Time if that is what you mean.

Allure of Neglected Dragons shows a clock set to cave time. Upper right hand corner, give it a minute to load.

If you are saying the time your profile list is off by an hour then you can correct that.  Go to My Controls -> Board Settings, find the right listing in the drop down box for your time zone then check or uncheck the box for "Is daylight savings time in effect?".  Then hit the button at the bottom "Change my account settings." to apply the changes you made.

But if that makes it 5 hours difference between you and New York, then are you sure you are on London time and not a zone further over?  Otherwise I am scratching my head.

I'm sure I'm on London time zone and there was 1 hour difference between forum London time and real London time. Anyway the hour is changing tonight, so I'll wait to see how it is tomorrow.

I'm sure I'm on London time zone and there was 1 hour difference between forum London time and real London time. Anyway the hour is changing tonight, so I'll wait to see how it is tomorrow.

But see, there IS no specific "forum time". You can set the forum clock to be anything you wish. There is specific *Cave* time, which is Eastern time (GMT -5 during standard time, probably -4 during Daylight Savings? I get that backwards sometimes). But forum time is anything you want it to be.

Yay 24 hrs to go until the new release event.

can't wait.

I just hope i am able to catch one xd.png

But see, there IS no specific "forum time".  You can set the forum clock to be anything you wish.  There is specific *Cave* time, which is Eastern time (GMT -5 during standard time, probably -4 during Daylight Savings? I get that backwards sometimes).  But forum time is anything you want it to be.

I don't know how it will be today after de hour change everywhere, but I'll try to explain what was hapenning during the last months.

If I go to the the board settings and change forum hour to be according with London time wich is my time zone I will have a difference of 1 hour between my hour on forum and real hour in London.

e.g. if I post someting on forum at 5 PM, forum will give me the indication I'd post it at 4 PM.

The difference between cave hour and London is 5 hours, for sure. Everytime theres a new release it's on midnight (cave hour), it's 5 AM for me, so 5 AM in London.

I'm getting confused with this, I have the felling I'm not explaining very well. sad.gif

EDIT

As I was real confused, I' ve made a litle research.

Aparently the hour will change in New York only on sunday November 6th. So between today and then there will be only 4 hours difference. During the rest of the year it's allways 5 hours.

Edited by Undomiel

Ah yes I think it will be 4am then. Sleep is for the weak! (and small-child-less) tongue.gif

Thanks all! ^^

I can't wait to see what the new eggs...etc look like for this year.

OK let's put on our Hunting Socks and get in the spirit!

*To the tune of "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor*

First I was afraid

I was petrified

Kept thinking I could never live

without a cavebred stripe

But I spent so many nights

Missing rares that came along

I grew strong

I learned how to carry on

and so they're back

from outer space

I just walked in to find them here

And I joined the great Egg Race

I should have remembered my egg lock

I should have left those commons be

If I had known for just one second

There'd be Halloween eggs for me

Go on now walk out the door

Go to the AP now

'cause I don't have room anymore

weren't you the one who tried to tempt me with an Ice?

you think I'd crumble

you think I'd lay down and die

Oh no, not I!

I will F5!

as long as i know how to click

I know I'll stay alive

I'm a dragon cave captive

And I've got all my time to give

and I'll F5

I will F5!

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

totally had the music playing in my head, and heard that in her voice. laugh.gif

Edited by WestWindReborn

WestWindReborn, same! XD

This cracked me up...and of course the F5 part is win (pretty accurate too). x3

Edited by MissK.

OMG. Those lyrics cracked me up!!

My scroll is starting to clear to get ready, and I really don't think too many people are still breeding the old Halloween dragons at this point, with the new ones coming out tomorrow. I haven't seen hardly any of them in the AP lately. I just stalk to check it out. laugh.gif

I really can't wait... this is my first holiday with Dragon Cave. I'm excited to see what the new dragon will be!

I am a little worried, though... it seems like I can hardly ever get into the biomes anymore because the AP is so often stuffed, and I don't think many people will be taking things from the AP knowing that limited edition dragons are ready to be caught, unless there's some sort of strategy people enact that I don't know about. I'm crossing my fingers! ohmy.gif

It definitely will be hourly, and at 5 min intervals. Last year we had such a lag problem, that TJ fixed it with having continuous drops without the AP being involved with it at all, and one holiday (can't really remember which, I think it was Halloween) he provided 3 rows of new eggs, with the biomes, I don't know if he'd still do that.

First I was afraid

I was petrified

Kept thinking I could never live

without a cavebred stripe

But I spent so many nights

Missing rares that came along

I grew strong

I learned how to carry on

and so they're back

from outer space

I just walked in to find them here

And I joined the great Egg Race

I should have remembered my egg lock

I should have left those commons be

If I had known for just one second

There'd be Halloween eggs for me

Go on now walk out the door

Go to the AP now

'cause I don't have room anymore

you think I'd crumble

you think I'd lay down and die

Oh no, not I!

I will F5!

as long as i know how to click

I know I'll stay alive

I'm a dragon cave captive

And I've got all my time to give

and I'll F5

I will F5!

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

You have just won ten ounces of win.