TJ09

2011-10-25 - Halloween 2011 Schedule.

Aww I missed the Leetle Trees! sad.gif

IMHO there wasn't any an increase in their drop rate, it was "just" as hard as before right?

I didn't test it as I already have one, which looks very festive wink.gif

Edited by xareu

I predicted at least one of my Halloween dragons would get soft shell....

BOTH OF THEM DID.

Why does this always happen when I get new eggs? ._.

I really hope the zombie thing is all day. Save me a lot of time on those Green Dragon zombie fodder.

Also: Is it a good idea to kill the dragons for resurrection the day before Halloween, then bring them back the next day? Because I've never done this before.

It's the increased traffic in the click-sites. All of my eggs (save the Marrows, touch wood) have gone softshell in the past week. Hatcheries always get busier around holidays, simply because the Dragon Cave site draws more traffic.

I predicted at least one of my Halloween dragons would get soft shell....

BOTH OF THEM DID.

Why does this always happen when I get new eggs? ._.

I really hope the zombie thing is all day. Save me a lot of time on those Green Dragon zombie fodder.

Also: Is it a good idea to kill the dragons for resurrection the day before Halloween, then bring them back the next day? Because I've never done this before.

This is what I do for all my eggs, never had a problem.

Immediately after catching, I normally incubate.

Now at 6 days.

Wait 5-6 hours, put them in 1 fan site.

Now at 5D 6H

At the 5 day mark, I put them in 1 or 2 more fan sites.

They get enough views to hatch right under 4 days, and hardly ever get sick.

The marrows and pumpkins have been fine with the system also. The only eggs I don't incubate are tinsels, because they are prone to sickness. I just let them do their thing.

Hope this helps. wink.gif

I normally just wait 24 hours before adding them any where. Maybe incubate then if I'm in a hurry.

I normally just wait 24 hours before adding them any where. Maybe incubate then if I'm in a hurry.

Same here. I also fog them for those 24 hours as extra carefulness.

well all of my new eggs got sick last night at 4d23h but they are all better this morning thank goodness. I finally went through and found that almost all the eggs I collected marrow and pumpkin are all 2nd gen (how lucky am I) Very happy with everything so far and the haunted house was amazing.

wub.gif I hope our new halloween dragons are just as awesome!

living in the Netherlands would make it a little difficult because of the time difference but I hope I can at least catch one Halloween egg

Normally, I put my eggs in Egg Drop Soup or Silvi's immediately, because they're usually low-traffic sites and they give them a nice number of views without opening up the bloody water cannon on 'em. But again, holidays tend to throw the usual protocol straight out the window and I've had eggs go softshell even on just those sites — never mind juggernauts like Eggs Around the World and Allure of Neglected Dragons!

Edited by Xocowolf

*crosses fingers for a lag-free Halloween*

Haha I can't wait for the new dragon. Thanks for the other October goodies! xd.png

Our best chance involves lots of people having too many eggs and not realising it until it's too late. Lots of people are still hunting for Pumpkins and Marrows. Too many and they'll miss out on the new eggs.

Yay!

So everybody, breed those pumpkins!

Edited by Harley Quinn hyenaholic

Ok I was wondering does anybody know what biome the New Halloween eggs are gonna be in. Since this is going to be technically the first holiday we have with the new system I was just wondering if anyone knew?

Can. Not. Wait. to see what the new dragons look like! :D

Seriously, Halloween is pretty much my least favorite holiday ever - DC and post-holiday candy sales are pretty much the only thing that make me actually anticipate it. *g* I just really hope that this year's dragon follows the pattern of previous years, especially Marrows: cool, fun, not too creepy. I have a pretty low ability to deal with creepy/super-nasty stuff. (Thus Halloween being my least favorite holiday... >.<)

I just really, really wish I could manage one more Pumpkin and a couple more Marrows... I soooo want to have one more Marrow/Regular Sweetling egg. <3

Edited by Imbecamiel

Ok I was wondering does anybody know what biome the New Halloween eggs are gonna be in. Since this is going to be technically the first holiday we have with the new system I was just wondering if anyone knew?

I would be very surprised if they don't drop in every biome.

I would be very surprised if they don't drop in every biome.

Well Since I have really slow internet I'm hoping they do drop in every biome but I was not gonna get my hopes up lol. ^^

Hatched 4 now. Have to wait 1-3 hours for 3 more to hatch. Caught 2 2nd gen Marrows and 1 2nd gen Pumpkin egg. Trying to trade one marrow for a 7-11 gen marrow hatchie and I am gifting the other marrow and pumpkin to a new person who has none once I am unlocked back to catching and maybe gifting, have to make sure I have no eggs for the 31st. Still have one pumpkin to breed but I have to wait till one of the PB hatchies grow up smile.gif

Have 2 Inbred adults waiting to be revived and a hatchie that just needs to run out of time. Hopefully it works.

Edited by Bloodyrose13

I wonder the same, I hope they either drop everywhere, since they were difficult to catch last year even without biomes, or that someone tells us where to search for them before the drop itself.

Does anyone know what time zone the staffers are talking about with the times for Halloween? I want to make sure I can get some of these halloween eggs!

Also, if they don't drop in every biome, that would suck, because all of us would be going after three (or is it six for the holiday drops? Why do i think I read somewhere that TJ added an extra line for holiday drops?) different eggs in ONE biome.

Does anyone know what time zone the staffers are talking about with the times for Halloween? I want to make sure I can get some of these halloween eggs!

Also, if they don't drop in every biome, that would suck, because all of us would be going after three (or is it six for the holiday drops? Why do i think I read somewhere that TJ added an extra line for holiday drops?) different eggs in ONE biome.

DragCave time is Eastern Standard Time (EST).

Current EST/DragCave time

Static (Javascript Disabled) EST/DragCave time (refresh to update)

EDIT: Fixed misspelling

Edited by SolarCat

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a halloween drake this year, seeing as we have;

-one halloween dragon that doesn't breed

-one halloween dragon that only breeds with the pygmies

-one halloween dragon who breeds with the regular dragons

It seems to be the only one missing (besides a halloween split, how cool would that be?).

I kind of hope it isn't though, I want a new holiday dragon I can breed with my recently acquired caveborn gold - maybe start a new stairstep.