TJ09

2011-10-25 - Halloween 2011 Schedule.

Still, whatever the new holiday dragon is, that dragon will be awesome, too, I'm sure.

We never know the dragon in advance.

Hm... well I think its just a matter of time before we know for sure anyway. By the way I can't seem to find any vampire dragon eggs. I'v looked for ages and I still can't find any.

Ehh...this is my first Halloween on Dragcave, and I don't have time to read through the posts in case my question was already answered or something, but:

Does the egg limit count? I have a silver trophy, if I collect 6 eggs, will I be egglocked during the time of Oct 31-nov 1?

Ehh...this is my first Halloween on Dragcave, and I don't have time to read through the posts in case my question was already answered or something, but:

Does the egg limit count? I have a silver trophy, if I collect 6 eggs, will I be egglocked during the time of Oct 31-nov 1?

Egg lock/scroll lock limits still apply during the event. http://dragcave.net/help/egglimits

I still need two more 2nd gen pumpkin eggs... x_x I'll be trying to catch two tomorrow when three of my eggs hatch, but I think that will be nigh impossible now, ^^;

Now I got everything I wanted some very beautiful 2gen Black marrows and 2 nice Pumpkins, now I have to wait until they hatch and I can`t wait to see the new halloween dragon. I`m glad to have 2 Zombies on my scroll may I want to make an female too but I have to think about that. smile.gif

Question, recently, a dead ungendered zombie fodder hatchling on my scroll gendered, is this normal, or a weird glitch, or what?

The offspring should be breedable though, right? If you incubate they will grow up in 5 days and the window is open for 6?

No. If TJ does what he did with the Vals and Christmas.. he will set the "last bred" breeding date of the offspring to occur after the event is over... that is how he dealt with the incubate issues.. so from the system point of view the offspring were pseudo-bred and therefore do not come off cooldown until the event is over.

Wednesday, October 26 - Holiday Breeding

Past halloween dragons will be breedable beginning at 0:00 and ending at 0:00 on November 1 (a full six days). They will produce multiclutches. Remember that there are no limits on Holiday dragons, but "held egg" rules still apply.

(bolded for emphasis)

I'm confused about this. TJ's post says that Halloween dragons WILL produce multiclutches (not that they "might" or "can", but WILL), and yet a LOT of us have been getting single-clutches. I just bred my only adult marrow and got 1 egg. I was hoping to drop a few on the AP!

Is there any explanation for this? I thought, like in most other DC-holidays, that a multiclutch was a guarantee. Especially considering TJ's wording.

(bolded for emphasis)

I'm confused about this. TJ's post says that Halloween dragons WILL produce multiclutches (not that they "might" or "can", but WILL), and yet a LOT of us have been getting single-clutches. I just bred my only adult marrow and got 1 egg. I was hoping to drop a few on the AP!

Is there any explanation for this? I thought, like in most other DC-holidays, that a multiclutch was a guarantee. Especially considering TJ's wording.

The only thing that is being guaranteed is that the holiday dragons have the ABILITY to produce multi-clutches (during their holiday) whereas other dragons do not have the ability. And just because holiday dragons have the ability to produce multi-clutches it does not guarantee that all of them are going to put out 2 or more eggs. Sometimes a dragon only gives 1 egg.. sometimes NO eggs.

It's so hard to get these Halloween eggs! I just keep refreshing and seeing them and clicking on them, but I never get it!

*goes back to refresh more*

Just got ahold of the elusive Pumpkin Dragon, hope it doesn't disappear on me.

HALLOWEEN TALLY:

1/1 PUMPKINS APPEARIFIED

0/1 MARROWS TRANSPLANTED

0/2? GREEN TORSOS ZOMBIFIED

*i am such a dork*

*i am such a dork*

Green TORSOS?!?!? blink.gif

They sound like they're seriously disembodied! I need a definition here! xd.png

Green TORSOS?!?!? blink.gif

They sound like they're seriously disembodied! I need a definition here! xd.png

It was an obscure reference.

Plus I couldn't think of a way to describe my Green Dragons, which will be dead in time for resurrection. (unless they dodge the blade...)

I think it was just bad wording.

Unless every holiday dragon is indeed supposed to produce multiclutches and this is some bug that's been going on for a while =p Single-egg breedings are a bit anticlimactic.

Aaaannnnddddd I got a Marrow.

HALLOWEEN TALLY:

1/1 PUMPKINS APPEARIFIED

1/1 MARROWS TRANSPLANTED

0/1 ENIGMAS CAPTURED

*bluh bluh huge dork*

EDIT: Turns out it's a Dorkface. As if I don't have enough already, but cool.

Edited by Dragonluver

halloween tally:

pumpkins bred: 2/3

pumpkin eggs: 1/1

marrow eggs: 5/2

pb marrow eggs: 1/2

2011 hal egg: 0/6

hal event/badge: complete

zombies: 0/4

I hope Moonbeam22 is right, and we get a Warewolf or a Bat dragon... or a Ghostie dragon from the haunted house. smile.gif I can't imagine anything more epic than the beautiful Marrow dragons, but after this particularly awesome Hallow'een event, I guess anything is possible? Seriously though- best DC Event ever!

Two of my Marrow eggs, and one of my pumpkins will be hatching tonight, I'm aiming at catching more pumpkins tomorrow morning, if at all possible... I'm pretty sure most people have bred their dragons already, so I'll be lucky if I can catch more, ^^;

I have 7 marrow eggs that should hatch in about an hour and then I'll be breeding 7 pumpkins.

There should be another boom in the AP on the 1st- I'm not sure how big the clutches will be (my Marrow gave me just one egg in the first hour of the season), but I am saving about half of my past Hallow'een dragons for breeding on the last day.

I'm pretty sure that progeny breeding will be possible too- It was last year for Valentine's dragons (I traded for an 09 Valentine, it grew up and I bred it for release to the AP- that's 2 generations within one week), so hopefully we can share the love again with this round.

A few of the eggs in the ER of a couple of hatching sites are getting sick.

Some fogging may be in order.

I always forget how frail some holiday dragons can be.

sad.gif

There should be another boom in the AP on the 1st- I'm not sure how big the clutches will be (my Marrow gave me just one egg in the first hour of the season), but I am saving about half of my past Hallow'een dragons for breeding on the last day.

I'm pretty sure that progeny breeding will be possible too- It was last year for Valentine's dragons (I traded for an 09 Valentine, it grew up and I bred it for release to the AP- that's 2 generations within one week), so hopefully we can share the love again with this round.

Hi, Gyldendrag,

I DO get easily confused, but I did have the impression that Halloween breeding ended as of Nov. 1st - can somebody please correct this if I'm wrong?

I frequently am, lol.

But - *counts on fingers* 26th, 27th, 28, 29th, 30th, 31st - that looks like 6 days to me, that are prior to Nov. 1st and end as it begins, so people might want to check into this before they plan to breed that day, in case they waste an annual chance to breed Holidays, through the general midnight confusion thing so many of us suffer from, especially me, lol.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=125465

Quoting TJ:

"Wednesday, October 26 - Holiday Breeding

Past halloween dragons will be breedable beginning at 0:00 and ending at 0:00 on November 1 (a full six days). They will produce multiclutches. Remember that there are no limits on Holiday dragons, but "held egg" rules still apply."

And also, I rather painfully recall that TJ had been planning things the last few times so that holiday progeny had not, in fact been able to breed, much to my (and other people's) disappointment.