TJ09

2011-10-25 - Halloween 2011 Schedule.

Gosh, it's so hard to find anyone who will willingly breed their Halloweens on the 28th. >_>

why the 28th? smile.gif

Gosh, it's so hard to find anyone who will willingly breed their Halloweens on the 28th. >_>

I'm breeding mine then, unless I get an offer I can't refuse in the meantime. tongue.gif

Why is that? Are they afraid of being locked up on the 31st? All my eggs hatch in 2 days, so I am breeding 2 marrows and 2 pumpkins on the 28th.

It's really hard to catch a holiday egg (past) when 400 others at least are there.

I'll try and get one as a gift, I hope. dry.gif

Just seems like the rich get richer. rolleyes.gif

why the 28th? smile.gif

Because I figured out that if I catch eggs today by 11:29 PM, then incubate them, they'll hatch on the 28th and I can catch new ones then. Incubate those, and they hatch on the 30th. I'd get double the batches of eggs. x3

I'm just trying to trade for IOU breedings to make sure I get 7 eggs on the 28th so I don't have to strain myself catching things, but oh well. xd.png

Edited by Mustangs44

Just a reminder to everyone that Holidays always bring increased fan site traffic. Your eggs will get views faster than normal and are more likely to get sick if you post them right away.

Keep an eye on your eggs and hatchies.

I think this bears repeating for newer members.

Well, it took 3 1/2 hours or frustration and eyestrain - but I am officially marrowlocked (greatest word ever? probably).

If you guys think it's bad with 300 plus users, try catching them at 0:01 EST with over 580 users online. I swear I stopped blinking for 15 minute intervals.

So, it sucked but it was totally worth it - one heck of a good start to my first holiday event on DC. To anyone who didn't get a holiday yet - they're still randomly dropping in the AP and people are trading them left and right in the forums.

Also, instead of refreshing the AP (I did and got hit with the lag monster this morning) - go back to the entrance of the cave or to one of the biomes and go into the AP that way, it loads faster and improves your chances of catching an egg.

Well, it took 3 1/2 hours or frustration and eyestrain - but I am officially marrowlocked (greatest word ever? probably).

If you guys think it's bad with 300 plus users, try catching them at 0:01 EST with over 580 users online. I swear I stopped blinking for 15 minute intervals.

So, it sucked but it was totally worth it - one heck of a good start to my first holiday event on DC. To anyone who didn't get a holiday yet - they're still randomly dropping in the AP and people are trading them left and right in the forums.

Also, instead of refreshing the AP (I did and got hit with the lag monster this morning) - go back to the entrance of the cave or to one of the biomes and go into the AP that way, it loads faster and improves your chances of catching an egg.

Going to give this a try, hope I get something wink.gif

UPDATE...Got my first Marrow xd.png

Edited by bigbite100

yes for halloween!

I hope I could get 2 Pumpkins and 2 Marrows since I have got none

Hah, I'm happy with my two marrows and one Pumpkin dragon. xd.png (Besides, I should be unlock by the time the new Halloween dragons show up.)

Caught me some marrows so now a happy bunny and awaiting to see what this event will be (sure will be exciting) Thanks TJ for spoiling us.

Wow, this was actually my first holiday here (or first day of a holiday). I never expected it to be that exiting and successful! I managed to get everything I ever wanted and even more and now I'm done for today and completely locked until they all start hatching. Yeah! Bravo for Halloween! biggrin.gif *so happy* *dance around*

WOW they are moving fast on the AP... I didn't plan any trades for marrows or pumpkins because I was quite confident I could grab them from the AP, as I didn't have any trouble getting valentines and christmas dragons, but I don't know how many times I've read 'try as you may...' already today. Confidence is dropping quite heavily.

Anyone willing to send me a trade link would be very much appreciated by now biggrin.gif

Pfew. It took me a while but I managed to fill my slots with 2 marrows and 4 pumpkins...

Now just wait for them to hatch and go at it again smile.gif

I think it's because people have been planning to max out their scrolls with halloween dragons, and to have them all hatch so they're not locked for the new holiday release dragons.

I'll also try to find 4 marrows and 3 pumpkins on the 28th. If anyone is willing to trade IOU, no problem!

Remember that there are no limits on Holiday dragons, but "held egg" rules still apply.

I don't understand what this means? I am unable to grab any more Holiday eggs...

I think it's because people have been planning to max out their scrolls with halloween dragons, and to have them all hatch so they're not locked for the new holiday release dragons.

I've already done it. ;D

Thanks to a couple friends and my younger sister, along with one of my own Marrows, I'm now Marrow-locked. smile.gif

I'm surprised they're breeding with Christmas and Valentines... I thought they weren't able to. :-\ Unless they don't count as true holidays, since you can get an infinite amount...?

I've already done it. ;D

Thanks to a couple friends and my younger sister, along with one of my own Marrows, I'm now Marrow-locked. smile.gif

I'm surprised they're breeding with Christmas and Valentines... I thought they weren't able to. :-\ Unless they don't count as true holidays, since you can get an infinite amount...?

Now that rare x rare works, they can breed with holidays as well. :3

Can anyone explain to me why the eggs I release to the AP after they were held eggs on my scroll for a short while, often not show up on the AP? This happens to me every time when there are special events (like Xmas, Valentine, Halloween). I decide to keep one of the eggs, the others are automatically released, and then - nothing. When I view the eggs (via the parents) they all have zero clicks or views. And the AP isn't full right now, and surely there are still quite a lot of people who want pumpkins or marrows. So are the eggs just stuck in limbo? In the past I gave away the codes on the forum after a while so that people could get the eggs before they died. Or does it simply take really long sometimes until held and then released eggs show up on the AP?

Edited by Arlessiar

Now that rare x rare works, they can breed with holidays as well. :3

I meant that holiday X holiday isn't supposed to be possible, so I was wondering if Marrows counted as holidays and it was a glitch, or if they counted as simply rares since there aren't any limits for the amount you can get.

Sorry, I should've been more clear. :-\

I don't understand what this means? I am unable to grab any more Holiday eggs...

There are no limits on how many you can have on your scroll at one time, unlike Christmas/Valentines/etc where you can only have 2, EVER.

There are STILL egg/hatchling limits, and you cannot exceed those.

(EDIT: This Page should help.)

Also, as for breeding on the 28th, if you incubate it is still possible to be completely clear of eggs on the 31st, since your eggs will hatch on the 30th. smile.gif

I have one male pumpkin, one female pumpkin, and one male marrow (x balloon) that I intend to breed then. (I haven't chosen mates for my pumpkins yet, although I'll confess I've been leaning towards the original pygmies again).

Edited by SolarCat

I meant that holiday X holiday isn't supposed to be possible, so I was wondering if Marrows counted as holidays and it was a glitch, or if they counted as simply rares since there aren't any limits for the amount you can get.

Sorry, I should've been more clear. :-\

Holiday x holiday is the same as rare x rare. Holidays are considered rares. xd.png

I've already done it. ;D

Well, none of the holiday dragons can breed to produce one of their own species... except on their respective holidays right?

So the christmas dragons will then be able to breed the same pairing with marrows and produce christmas pairings a week before the Christmas event/release as I understand it.

But if they're bred anytime besides their respective holidays they will produce nothing. Makes sense, gives a sense of awesomeness to the holidays.

As to the quote not understanding egg limits from the post above this one... it means you can catch as many holiday eggs as your scroll will hold. It looks like TJ said this so people wouldn't think there was a 2/4/whatever limit to how many of the marrows/pumpkins you can have on your scroll.

In other words - if you have a silver trophy, and one non-holiday egg on your scroll... you can catch any 5 of the holiday dragon eggs (if you're fast enough) - but that puts you at the 6 egg limit the silver trophy bestows upon your scroll. Hope that clears up confusion instead of causing more.