Lady-Morgana

Why are Tinsels so desirable?

Why are tinsel dragons so desirable?  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just think that they are Pretty and they don't drop in the Cave, and so they are desirable.

It's like with Vampires. Once they were only available to those who caught them Halloween '08 - then the Bite action was added and they were really rare. People just had to have them. Then hit the limit and became widely available, and people went on to covet some other dragon.

It happens for short times after a release too. People will trade anything to get them, and then they are easy to get. (Except with the Trios who are still uncommon.)

I'm actually surprised that hasn't happened with other dragons.

It does happen, all the time. You were just too busy looking at Tinsels. *wink*

Edited by WatersMoon110

I think there's also a sense of, get one while you can. We don't know when they'll be overbred to death the same way golds and silvers are. So for me, I'm trying to get some nice looking lineages of each type and some frozen hatchies before they get hard to breed.

So far I just need a nice silver and I'm on a list for that. And I've 4 hatchies froze and 5 to go.

Well i dont want any of them but a lowish gen gold so id say they where jsut rare and they are shiny.

They used to be extremely rare because there's a limited collection of CBs. The 'newness' faded off months after and now you see it as a fad. It's rare as blacks, which are also uncommonly found in the AP... minus seemingly unable to produce eggs.

They're also very shiny, which is the reason why I like their sprites. That, and I'm trying to collect all of the species in DC.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Tinsels are also very picky when they breed. I've been fortunate to have all 3 of my Tinsels give me tinsels, but there were several tinsel fails added in.

My tinsels aren't picky at all... Just like any other uncommon dragon, they sometimes breed, they sometimes don't. I get more tinsel eggs than pink or black eggs. >.>

I think they are very pretty. I only have one, a messy yet colorful lineaged silver tinsel and it is probably my favorite of all my dragons. I probably won't bother getting gold or bronze since the silver one is my favorite.

They are rare because they were prize dragons, only just got my first silver tinsel & Im so happy. biggrin.gif One day I wish to collect them all to complete my scroll. poptartFINALTINY.gif

Well personally I'm so-so about tinsels. I don't go out of my way to collect them but I do have a few to add their sprites to my scroll.

Well personally I'm so-so about tinsels. I don't go out of my way to collect them but I do have a few to add their sprites to my scroll.

This.

The sprites are nice but I didn't go too far out of my way to find them.

Currently I've got five different Tinsels (2x gold, 2x silver, 1x bronze). I won't mind if I find or breed more of them, because, huh, just why not? They're one of the prettiest dragons here, that's the reason why I collect them. I don't plan to make a Tinsel army, though, I don't need them THAT many. p:

Ditto.

Tinsels are pretty! They just aren't quite to my personal taste. I wouldn't mind having a few (don't really care about the gen, it would mostly be just to have them), but I don't go out of my way to get them.

The reason I collect them (going for lowest gen possible) is to give their offspring to everyone and anyone that wants one. There are members on fan-sites that don't know about the DC boards (even with the link on DC) that don't have tinsels. They are my reason for collecting.

Reason why they want them: they are shiny.

ps: any help with this task would be loved.

Whilst the originals are rare, the bred ones are certainly not. They breed almost like the proverbial rabbits lol.

They are another pretty draggie to collect and do projects with your friends and that's about it as far as I am can see. But then, I'm a catch-my-own fanatic.