Lady-Morgana

Why are Tinsels so desirable?

Why are tinsel dragons so desirable?  

326 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They used to be incredibly rare, but now they are mostly collected because they are shiny and many have beautiful lineages.

They are so desirable because they are always released on days when I am inactive on DC! tongue.gif

They are shiny and soooooo cute as hatchies tongue.gif

Well, I have three Bronzes, Two Silvers and one Gold. I'd like to have one more Silver from the Inextrica x Nebula lineage and a Gold from another CB than Gold Epica.

I'm totally happy with my Bronze Tinsels, especially the F-Bomb one xd.png

I soon will have two Tinsel breeding pairs, so I can start gifting like crazy.

Tinsels are great gifts for newbies!

When I first saw the different types of Tinsels, they were not my favorite sprites.

I wasn't really out to collect them and didn't think I would ever have one on my scroll.

Now that I have a few of them, though, I'm happy to have something to breed that's valueable for trades. smile.gif

I can say that they do have very pretty sprites. As a person who doesn't have one, I can say I really would like one. I think it just comes from the desire to have what I don't have. Once I had at least one Male and one Female of each color(and some frozen hatchlings) I would not really care to have any more and would give away bred tinsel eggs on request.

Tinsels do look good in lineages so I can see stair step (and other pretty lineage styles) Tinsels being in demand.

Edited by Zucni

they used to be extremely rare. I remember I payed 8 ER hatchlings for my first one . but it was worth it. it was such a fun to gift the offspring to a friend biggrin.gif now I try to collect some really low gens to get somthing valuable for trades (otherwise I would have never got these CB Black and Stripes). I'm gifting higher gens to people, mostly with no Tinsels. it's cool when you can make someone's day biggrin.gif also I'm fond of lineages they make. some combos are just stunning!

PRETTY SHINY TINSEL OMNOMNOM.

I just like the sprite. And the fact that there are only so many CB Tinsels.

I've wanted one since last year when they came out! Working one completing my set as we speak. *pets her halloween dragons*

I'm one of those collectors that wants 1 male/1 female/frozen of each type on my scroll, although if I really like a sprite I'll have more than one. tongue.gif

So I'm collecting the little buggers to complete my scroll.

By the way does anyone know the names of all the original prize dragons?

First I didn't think I wanted one, or rather I didn't think I could ever get one anyway since they were traded for multiple CB metallics and such. But I always looked at the pretty lineages of the Tinsels I saw in hatcheries, and of course there came a day when I noticed that - surprise! - I really wanted to make/continue a pretty Tinsel lineage, too.

Generally I think everybody wants one because they are rare, but for me it's mainly because of the lineages you can create. They also made me appreciate stairsteps, because for my taste, even gen Tinsels usually have too many different breeds in their family.

Meanwhile I got a Bronze from the AP (which I kept because it was my first one although the lineage isn't something to continue), traded for a pretty lineaged Bronze, and then a wonderful person and their "nutcase" dragon gave me a Gold and a Silver with awesome lineages and made me a very happy Tinsel owner. ^^

i want them cos

a) my friends have them

cool.gif gold/bronze/silver = omg i want

c) i want as many dragon types on my scroll as poss (not caring about lineages or inbreeding or anything xd.png)

I managed to obtain a silver tinsel egg not too long ago. I always found them quite pretty, and hard to get. Their design is pretty cute, and it's probably the only metallic I'll ever get as I can never seem to grab golds or silvers. xd.png

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Tinsels are also very picky when they breed. I've been fortunate to have all 3 of my Tinsels give me tinsels, but there were several tinsel fails added in.

A vote for the prettyness, but I'm stuck between them being pretty, rare, or in fashion, because it really is somewhat of a mix...

Anyway, I only own one tinsel just for the sake of having all of the dragons. I'm not much of a fan of them, but I do find them pretty and it's kinda difficult to get one, so if I saw one in the AP, I'd rush to take it...

But other than that, they're not that special to me, unless they're low gen.

Well, for one, some people like me have a desire to complete their collection, and tinsels are a part of that. xd.png I also love the tinsels for their design...they are quite beautiful. And actually, they are rare, but some people only consider fourth-gens to be rare.

And that's a lie.

I do like the sprites, I think they are very pretty, and the hatchies are adorable.

I just have enough of them for my own. I have other plans going on right now,

and the tinsels don't seem to be as rare right now, and Merewen is probably right,

they will probably die back in breeding in the near future like the regular

metals, blacks and stripes.

There's a few people saying how they hope there's a new release of Tinsels this Christmas. Personally, I'm hoping that if there's a new event that we see new Prize dragons given out.

As to the popularity: Perceived scarcity creates demand.

I don't have a Tinsel myself, but I have seen them in the AP from time to time and they're really hard to catch. They're desirable because Tinsels are very picky when it comes to breeding and they're rare.

I just came back after a break and I want them for scroll completion, but I try not to have any very messy lineages on my scroll, so I'm having a bit of a hard time.

soory for my question, in which area can i find the tinsel dragons ? on the coast, alpine etc. ? or can i find them everywhere? or they only breedable ?

thanks.

Tinsel dragons were prize dragons given away to the best tree-decoraters last year. Therefore, no more caveborns can be obtained. The tinsels can still breed, though. smile.gif

Because (to me) they are still rare-not as rare as when they first started, but still pretty rare!

Because they are pretty, and have beautiful lineages most of the Time

And also because shiny, that's why.

Their scales could probably be used as mirrors, they are so shiny and spotless <3

The Silvers are definitely my favourite though. I want a bajillion, but I am happy with my one.

Because my one will be come ten, and then a hundred........in ten years xd.png

Hmmm, I guiess I like them for three reasons:

--I like that there are three "flavors" of them, though I think it would be much more fun if the females looked different than the males.

--Since there will be "no more" CBs, everyone concentrates on the lineages. That means there are some really neat ones. (I'm actually surprised that hasn't happened with other dragons.)

--They just look pretty on my scroll.

Edited by Gladtobemom

For me, the main reason I wanted them was because I'm a collector or all breeds, so I wanted an unrelated pair of each color for my collection. But I'm also a lineage junkie, so messy lineages just are sad to me. And I want to breed dragons that people will like to have, so I made a point of only aquiring halfway clean-lined tinsels. (They're not all perfect stairs or spirals, but close enough that i feel comfortable that the offspring is going to be wanted when I no longer need eggs myself.)

I have used some of my self-bred tinsels to trade for CB uncommons I cannot catch myself (like cb nebulas) to finish off my CB collection. But other than that, I'm happy to gift or trade for BSA hatchlings. smile.gif