Lady-Morgana

Why are Tinsels so desirable?

Why are tinsel dragons so desirable?  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It would, and it would also take the strain off breeding requests pver existing prize winners.

I get that they are rare but I myself dont much care for them. They have been 'over bred' and to me the linages are too long and some are just too messy. dry.gif

Edited by Saori_Nightstar

What's usually considered low-gen? o_O

That depends on the user, but for me personally I'm haaving a hard time trading for anything lower than 5th gen.

It is like any of the new eggs that come out .there are still people after the low gen tensils

I like them because I like to collect. So, I want all the lines.

Cheers!

C4.

For one thing, up until recently, I didn't have all of the tinsel colors. Now, I am trying to build up my breeding stock and to reach scroll goals. One I have a good breeding stock, I can start gifting/trading their eggs, though the value has gone down considerably.

Another reason I want them, is because I don't know if they will ever have something happen to them like the vampires, they were common as dirt for a while, and you could hardly give them away, and now with their high kill rate they are desirable again. I don't want to wait and have their value go through the roof again.l

I voted other reason and here it is

just like gold and silver, they are shiney ...... a metallic is a metallic

even though I can't get rid of them because of nasty lineage look

I still want them, eventually they will do just like regular gold and silver and be hard to get, so I am collecting while I can!

now for me, it's a personal goal

I would really like a nice line from each of the original 31

(30 were given as prizes and the alt spite which is a silver tinsel that is pink instead of silver)

I have only 8 to go

but have nothing nice to offer to get those final ones

although I did square away one from AobO and waffle

(thank you 2, you know who you are)

so will be able to take them off my list and only need these 6 wub.gif

♥ Bronze Tinsel

-Cielatal (code-aBv6)

-Bronze Herz 'Anzu' Zephyr (code-Anzu)

♥ Silver Tinsel

-Belyse (code-booo)

-CHA0S(code-k1ss)

-Arboriel Morchaint (code-TREE)

♥ Gold Tinsel

-AGYI (<code)

I think they're just "the thing" right now. They're shiny too. I like them for the shiny and the color, not so much the sprite. My favorites are the bronzes. I've developed a love for them and I breed some of mine to trade...if I can't trade them, then I just keep them. I gave up trying to get rid of related dragons and just let the bronzes breed everywhere. I can't find much of anyone to gift to since I own only the most common lines and people have them already.

I am running out of CB vines though.

I collect gold tinsels because I love their color; it's so much shinier than the regular gold dragons. I collect bronzes for the color, too. Not fond of the silvers, though, which is why I have fewer of them.

I got over the tinsels now, I'm not looking to add to them, although I have 3 IOU's coming to me after Halloween. But I'm not breeding mine anymore right now, they aren't all that easy to trade anymore. I have more luck trading the CB stuff I come up with over the tinsels. I like them, but I guess I'm "tinsel'd out" xd.png

I am about over them too, just gotta get those last few *must complete.....*

I started freezing my stairsteps, can't seem to get rid of the common ones anymore. Or I dump them into AP if I need egg space.

I want to eventually have them all set up by spiral, stairstep, even gen and messy...and according to thier gens, so later will need a lot of frozen ones to use for my dividers. Right now I have 8, 7 named after the day of the week with tinsel that I breed that day under it, the last my first to be named for the new sorting wink.gif

I started getting them because they're pretty and shiny :3 why yes, yes I am being a stereotypical girl =P

I like them b/c of their coloring, very bright and shiny. Personally I like the Silver one the best out of all three colors. Oddly though I have more bronze than I do Silver or gold tongue.gif

WB

I used to dislike Tinsels as well, but after I got Prized, my Bronzie yes I do seriously call them Bronzies what of it who breeds like a bloody rabbit, I started to absolutely love the little buggers. (I mean, who wouldn't love this? <3)

I'm not really sure why I like them so much now. I just do. ;3; They're pretty and shiny and I want an army. <3

They were certainly worth a lot more when they first came out, and they don't seem to be as much now.

Which I have no problems with. It makes hoarding them easier. >:D /shot

I do like gifting them to other people, too, of course. :'D I'm not greedy, I swear.

Edited by Switch

It's definitely a combination of things. First off they were rare because they were gifted through the Christmas Tree competition last year -- so only a few players had them. Of course everyone wanted one of their own. Then there was the factor that they were indeed a very beautiful sprite (I'm sorry I don't know who the spriter was but they did a *fantastic* job!) so when you see something that unique and beautiful you'll go to great lengths to have it on your scroll. Also the third factor is as with the "summoned" egg or any new dragon egg virtually very player will not rest until they have a good sample of them on their scrolls. smile.gif

Edited by Misha

For me, probably because pretty much any tinsel you can find has an awesome lineage. That's usually a good enough reason for me to keep any dragon.

I got mine in a backwards order though. Gold, then silver, then bronze O_o I think I traded a gold for that last one.

I think I might be a bit greedy though. ;3; But the more tinsels I get, the more I can give away~

Edited by aquamarine__

Well, I guess they're shiny. And they (at least used to be) are very rare. Ok, you guys might yell at me for this, but I think that they are a bit boring- my favorite part of the dragons is the description, and tinsels have none of their own.

I never really had a desire to have a tinsel, until I got one. Strange. I know. I got gifted a okay-lineaged bronze, and then I got bit my the fever and just had to have a better lineaged one. It was also kinda a point of pride when I was talking to a friend (IRL) who also plays DC and she didn't have any tinsels; me who only played for a month for two at that time had a tinsel when she, the veteran, had been trying for months to get one. Selfish, I know, but it made me proud that I had one and she didn't. tongue.gif

The sprites are beautiful, and they are on the rare side; but I think what I like most about my tinsels is the lineages. My only one with a sub-par lineage only has one flaw.

I like Tinsels because most of them have wonderful lineages. I want one of every lineage. xd.png

And, yeah, because they are shiny. <3

I used to dislike Tinsels as well, but after I got Prized, my Bronzie yes I do seriously call them Bronzies what of it who breeds like a bloody rabbit, I started to absolutely love the little buggers. (I mean, who wouldn't love this? <3)

Jeez, he's given you more Tinsels than his momma has given me. xd.png

I personally don't like the way they look. However, they are rare, so I can use them to get other eggs I want.

I used to want them for rarity, but not so much anymore; they're not rare to me. I voted for "they're pretty." I just love seeing the shiny, shiny gold and silver eggs and hatchlings on my scroll. :3 The gold adults rock, the silver adults are alright, but the bronzes don't interest me much unless they have a cool lineage.

I wish we could freeze eggs so I could have a bajillion of those gorgeous silver and gold tinsel eggs on my scroll, forever and ever. <3