Lady-Morgana

Why are Tinsels so desirable?

Why are tinsel dragons so desirable?  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't see why they are so in demend. I was gifted a hatchling and it grew up today, yes its very pretty but why does everyone want one? They can't possible be rarae, when I go to fansites to help other peoples eggs. I see rows of golden, bronze and silver eggs/hatchlings, so they cannot be rare. Is the only reason they are popular, they are in fashion for some odd reason? Or do they have some amazing power that I, Lady Morgana Penndragon, am unaaware of? Someone fill me in please!

EDIT- fixing the title it said insels. xd.png

Edited by Lady-Morgana

Because only a very small handful were released into the cave. Nobody but the few people who received them for winning the decorating contests have a CB Tinsel. Honestly, Tinsels themselves are falling out of demand (except maybe golds) now it's just hard to get short lineaged ones.

Also, shiny. So very shiny.

Edited by Stromboli

Last Christmas TJ awarded the Tinsels to the winners of the tree decorating conest. There were only 21 cave born tinsels awarded - 5 gold, 10 silver, 15 bronze, and 1 pink alt for the spriter. This makes them not only rare but only obtainable via trade or very good luck on the AP.

Okay, but I see they are being bred like crazy so they are not as rare unless you want a CB or low gen.... right?

Well, CBs are impossible to get. Unless there is someday another occasion for TJ to give some. But low gens are very hard to find.

They're a fad. Everybody wanted one when they were impossible to get. Now everybody has one and they're hard to give away. I know, I'm trying to get rid of one right now. I remember when regular silvers and golds gave multi clutches of shinies back in the days, they were actually hard to get rid of. Now they are very desirable. Basically I see it as: RARE=MUST HAVE!!!

Edited by Sister of the Dragon

It used to be because they were rare. Just a couple of months ago people would trade tons of stuff just to get a messy-lineaged inbred one.

Now, though, it's just because many people have set personal goals to collect descendants of all 31 original tinsels and/or to collect all the breed pairings. So less common pairings are still snapped up, but a really common pairing has become hard to trade away because most of the people trying to collect them all already have it, and most of the people who just want the three tinsel sprites on their scroll already have them.

Eventually, they will probably catch up to their ratios and begin breeding scarcely, and will then become more valuable again as new players keep coming in and wanting some.

...They're desirable to me because they're shiny. c:

===

On the whole though people want them because...they're shiny, probably, or because they want to collect all the pairings out there. There are some really pretty but really rare tinsel x common pairings out there. o3o

I can see what you are all saying about how they aren't as rare as before. I agree a few months ago they were very rare and I would go as far as to say the rarest dragon for a period of time. But I disagree that they are not rare now or that "Everyone has them." But I guess I am a little biased because of my inabilty to get rares. But I also now the truth because I have a VERY beautiful Stairstep Bronze that I was lucky enough to snatch because some crazy guy was dropping every variant of them. So yeah, 2 sides of the coins I guess.

just because they are rare. In my opinion many commons look nicer than 'em xd.png

I have to admit that my 'DC life' change when tinsels and trade tool appear xd.png

because they used to be pretty rare. the only reason why i rejoined the forum was to get the three variations by trading 'cause no one ever dropped them to the AP. though now since they're being bred a lot more and more distributed throughout the players, they aren't so "rare" as they used to be. i see more new player scrolls having one or more tinsels now and not even one trio/metallic silver/gold. there's a lot more gifters than receivers for them now.

anyways, rare or not...they are shiny - which gives most people an incentive to collect them. xd.png

I recently returned, so I'm trying to collect all three.... I have silver and bronze, but not gold.

That aside, I think they look pretty! And it's fascinating to see the different lineages they come from. Tinsel x Vine, Tinsel x Neb, Tinsel x Black, stairsteps, even gens... There's variety because of the lineages.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned it yet - a lot of popularity lies behind the original ones' codes. Like the f-bomb smile.gif

It's completely immature, but I get happy when I see that I've nabbed a descendant of f-bomb. I always end up throwing them back because I'm not up to the task of continuing the stairstep & spiral lineages, but I get a Beavis & Butthead moment when I find one in the AP.

I know right.... D: In dragonlotto that's all there is. I haven't seen anything else in there besides tinsels since I've been back.

BTW they really aren't rare. They're more common than blacks and vines it seems.

Edited by Ninetails

I think they're pretty and that it's wonderful that it seems that virtually everyone can ultimately have one.

And it's so nice to be able to breed and gift something that people are typically happy to get!

Edit: the Typo Queen, having totally solidified her right to the title over the years, expands into the coveted Redundancy Princess category...

Edited by Syphoneira

They're desirable to me because I need them to complete my scroll. ._. (As in I need at least one male and female of each species D: (except for male/female-only breeds, obviously))

And I like the shininess. |D

Well, they're prettier than regular golds, for certain. Plus, they actually throw out Shiny eggs.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned it yet - a lot of popularity lies behind the original ones' codes. Like the f-bomb smile.gif

It's completely immature, but I get happy when I see that I've nabbed a descendant of f-bomb. I always end up throwing them back because I'm not up to the task of continuing the stairstep & spiral lineages, but I get a Beavis & Butthead moment when I find one in the AP.

I am just the opposite. I grab pretty vine eggs in the AP and when I discover the f-bomb in the lineage I drop them back like a hot potato. This from one who really likes vine dragons. But a pretty lineage is what gets my attention, so there is one tinsel so far on my scroll.

To me they are not as shiney and pretty as the original silvers. Those are the ones I really want and have yet to find.

Right on; and also many do have neat lineages so are fun to breed with.

To me they are not as shiney and pretty as the original silvers.  Those are the ones I really want and have yet to find.

THIS^

I love tinsels, yes, but silvers... <3

still, I seem to collect anything that is shiny, so all tinsels, especially pretty lineaged ones, easily get a home on my scroll xd.png (and you can probably already guess that because im locked with almost all tinsels.)

still, I don't keep shiny offsprings of my tinsels. I give them away :3 *goes to glomp someone with the bronze egg*

It's often a collector's urge--for people who have all the dragons on their scroll already, collecting a tinsel from each pairing and from each CB, is a new and exciting scroll completion goal smile.gif

They were given out as a prize so many people want one. I'm trying to collect all lines out there, but since I'm a bit picky about lineages, it's turning out a harder task than I thought. Some lines are hard to come by.

Others are common like pidgeon. F-Bomb descendants, even neat lineaged, are so commo you practically have to pay to get rid of an egg. I stopped breeding them because I simply could not trade them, and I haven't found anyone to gift to.

Some lines are very pretty. Inextrica/blue neb must be one of my favorites, even although I'm more fond of the bronze tinsel.

I wonder if TJ will do the tree contest again this year and gift away more CB tinsels. That would bring a new, awesome dimension to tinsel collecting.