Pintar5

Great Lineages Found in AP

This guy was an AP misclick. I looked at his lineage in the last minute before tossing him back. xd.png

The question that must be asked is... WHERE IS SASUKE??? His relatives sure get around. xd.png

The question that must be asked is... WHERE IS SASUKE??? His relatives sure get around. XD

LOL! Here is Sasuke. Although... hmm, from the looks of it, she must be adopted. XD

Is this Tinselfail not pretty? :D

Now I'm wondering just how prevalent the offspring of Dawn's Silver Medal are, though... because I don't remember having seen eggs from his line in trade before. Of the Silvers, I know ones from "boo" are insanely rare, and ones from Penk and Erno tend to be particularly frequently seen, but no real idea where the others fall between there. Anyone have a general idea of where the various Tinsel lines stand at this point?

The colour combination is very. :3

Ums, I may be wrong but I think in terms of 'trading rarity', it's the pairings that matter more than the progenitors - for a fair portion of people, anyway. Naturally, for those who set out to collect at least one offspring from each CB prize dragon, progenitors will carry equal weight. Then you have the random people like me who want specific tinsel lines because you love the name of the CB prize dragon. =P

In terms of pairing, the most common seem to be gold x vines, gold x terrae, gold x black, gold x sunsong, silver x pink, silver x nebula, silver x white silver x black, bronze x ember, bronze x vine, bronze x hellfire, bronze x white. That's why the occasional unique pairing gets so much notice - those enjoy a temporary status of being pretty rare and thus have high demand. Until they get the life mass-produced out of them. XD

The CB tinsel rarities appear to be determined by the pairings, also. So like, Gold Epica who used to be "pretty common" because of all the gold x vines flooding the trades could be seen as a valuable line if she produces say, a tinsel from a moonstone mate. You're more likely to find someone wanting a 'gold from moonstones' rather than 'gold from X'. If that makes sense? :P

Oh yeah, and obviously tinsels with fewer 2G offspring are rarer. But that's just common sense. x3

Just my opinion though. ^^'

Edit: Killed smilies. :B

Edited by Varekis

I got this one in the AP and I think it's so pretty! I'm assuming they were trying for a Black instead of a White. I'm working on a mate for it for sure. smile.gif

I seriously can't believe this lineage. I was laughing for a good minute solid. xd.png

That is hilarious!! What an awesome snag laugh.gif

That is hilarious!!  What an awesome snag laugh.gif

Managed to leverage it into a hatchling! But I think I'm regretting the trade now...

Edited by sakana

Just snagged a lovely 6th gen twister Thuwed Vine! Thanks to the breeder who dropped it, I'll take good care of this duder! ^^

user posted image

Edited by panthera1

I picked this up as a hatchling last week, but assume the previous owner forgot to influence itand got rid of it when it turned out a boy(it gendered almost immediately for me), as it gendered wrong for the stairstep. Still, got a gold tinsel. smile.gif Now I need a CB vine to mate to him. http://dragcave.net/lineage/8N0NY

Edited by Wavelength

I got this one that I thought was UBBER cool

Just scroll down and check it out. Am I the only one who thinks this is totally cool?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/gh1e7

That is really cool. smile.gif So many lineages got cooler when Commandant Lassard's parents were killed off. He used to have a messy(but not inbred) line. I think he was actually 6th or 7th gen.

That always happens to me. D: I always try check the scroll of the new owner (if their name is showing) to see whether my egg has a chance of being named or not. xP Alas, they mostly don't. So I get really excited when one of my dragons maintain a list of fully named progeny. tongue.gif

Most irksome was when I was 99% certain the owner would name my egg because they had named all their other dragons... and they didn't. >_>

Edit:

@ above: That is a beautiful lineage!

I tend top go on naming sprees when I have time. Now with incubate and 7 eggs allowed, my dragons grow up faster than my name ideas. sad.gif I'm too greedy for my own good.

That is really cool. smile.gif So many lineages got cooler when Commandant Lassard's parents were killed off. He used to have a messy(but not inbred) line. I think he was actually 6th or 7th gen.

Actually I think Commodant was one of the glitch Alts and was originally a CB. Back in the day when blacks were common as mud there was a short period of time (of about a 3-4 days) when a glitch occurred involving black eggs - they were all hatching as alts (even CB Blacks picked up from the cave). For the bred eggs nothing really needed to be done. But to fix the fact that CB blacks were hatching as alts they eventually were given deceased parents and therefore made them no longer CBs.

Edited by WraithZephyr

I've never seen a lineage as strange as this one.

I'm very confused, is this an actual Thuwed? I don't exactly like how the name just appears randomly.

Still, I love him already, my very first tinsel, found as a hatchling wub.gif Still can't believe I actually got him...

Yes, it is an actual Thuwed, it's actually probably a 12-lined Thuwed. I've never seen the nebula/thunder pair or the mint/shield pair, but the black/red stripe pair, the silver/purple pair, the white stripe/green stripe pair, are TJ's. 7 out of the 8 thuwed pairs in a row are definitely TJ's. With Cayvyn, some of Thuban's dragons(the Toby ones), the elemental vines, Gold Epica, several Yules, and all three colors of Tinsels, all without inbreeding, you have a pretty awe-inspiring lineage there, at least to me.

I picked up this gorgeous Hellfire way back - I'm working on getting a right mate for it (a kind peron gave me a 2nd gen Hellfire, still have to get a 2nd gen Silver :3).

Actually I think Commodant was one of the glitch Alts and was originally a CB.  Back in the day when blacks were common as mud there was a short period of time (of about a 3-4 days) when a glitch occurred involving black eggs - they were all hatching as alts (even CB Blacks picked up from the cave).  For the bred eggs nothing really needed to be done. But to fix the fact that CB blacks were hatching as alts they eventually were given deceased parents and therefore made them no longer CBs.

I'm not so sure, I've had some of his descendants for a while now, and I'm pretty sure he used to have parents. He and his descendants are very prolific. I'd have to ask shric debar, if I ever see him again. We used to be in the Star Trek lineage together before it petered out.

Edited by Wavelength

Great Lineages Found in AP, Why would anybody abandon these?!

Thought I'd answer the question: "why would anybody abandon these?!"....

My answer is: I often toss pretties into the AP for newbies to grab. I've been thanked in PM for one pretty.

Many newbies often wonder how to start trading when they have nothing to trade with, so this is part of my solution. I do other things, not just toss 'em in the AP.

The other reason is: not everybody uses the forums, so I try to give these people a chance at a pretty lineage. smile.gif

Yes, it is an actual Thuwed, it's actually probably a 12-lined Thuwed. I've never seen the nebula/thunder pair or the mint/shield pair, but the black/red stripe pair, the silver/purple pair, the white stripe/green stripe pair, are TJ's. 7 out of the 8 thuwed pairs in a row are definitely TJ's. With Cayvyn, some of Thuban's dragons(the Toby ones), the elemental vines, Gold Epica, several Yules, and all three colors of Tinsels, all without inbreeding, you have a pretty awe-inspiring lineage there, at least to me.

There are 12 bona-fide pairs of thuweds in the lineage.

Thought I'd answer the question: "why would anybody abandon these?!"....

My answer is: I often toss pretties into the AP for newbies to grab. I've been thanked in PM for one pretty.

Many newbies often wonder how to start trading when they have nothing to trade with, so this is part of my solution. I do other things, not just toss 'em in the AP.

The other reason is: not everybody uses the forums, so I try to give these people a chance at a pretty lineage. smile.gif

I do something similar from time to time. On Thanksgiving I tossed a bunch of 2nd gens from eggs that weren't really rare, but they don't show up in the caves in great numbers any more and not often on the AP either. I'm hoping they got picked up by people who didn't already have them on their scroll.

Actually I think Commodant was one of the glitch Alts and was originally a CB. Back in the day when blacks were common as mud there was a short period of time (of about a 3-4 days) when a glitch occurred involving black eggs - they were all hatching as alts (even CB Blacks picked up from the cave). For the bred eggs nothing really needed to be done. But to fix the fact that CB blacks were hatching as alts they eventually were given deceased parents and therefore made them no longer CBs.

That's exactly the info I got. I've had an even gen offspring for almost 2 years and it definitely did not have any parents in the beginning. I'm not sure, when the gravestones did appear, I only noticed them a few months ago...

And about Thuweds:

If you want to be sure if these are really TJ's dragons, just check their views and unique views. If these are tens of thousands, then they're real. Everybody else's dragons would have died, but TJ's will get revived.

I got a purty tinselfail stairstep :3 Stairsteps are my absolute favorite pretty lineage, even though I don't have many.