Pintar5

Great Lineages Found in AP

What has this all got to do with cool lineages, well, this. smile.gif

I bred this, I'm glad you like it! smile.gif

I would like to thank the mostest awesomest person who let this egg go to the AP: http://dragcave.net/lineage/goDgd . Its a lovely line and My Hubby mostly got involved here because I would make a big deal about my daily splashing ritual and its pretty much the only dragon he wants.

The fact that it has GOD in the code is going to make him laugh. So thanks for shipping us a GoldGodFish!

Edited by natayah

I saw a winter egg in the AP, so I picked it up in case it was a CB I could use for trade fodder. Instead, I got this.

Yeah, it's a keeper.

I'm actually pretty new to this... So this question is going to make me sound quite ignorant, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

What makes for a good lineage?

It depends. tongue.gif That sounds so wishy-washy, but it's true.

Some people like large lineages with no order to them that have almost every breed in them. I think these people are a minority, at least on the forum.

I, like most people I know, like lineages where the colors go well together and where the breeds are organized in some way. Most lineages I like are even-gens or stairsteps, but I also like lineages with fun shapes. Other lineages that stand out are code lineages (CBs have word codes) or quote lineages, and along that thread, lineages where the names are funny.

I hope that helped. If it didn't or you want me to go into more detail (aka provide examples), you can PM me. ^^

EDIT: These are descriptions of types of lineages, which may help you decide what kinds you like:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=124902

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Lineages

Edited by Saloiq

I'm actually pretty new to this... So this question is going to make me sound quite ignorant, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

What makes for a good lineage?

It depends a lot on personal opinion. For example, lots of people hate inbreds without exception, but someone on the previous page posted one of mine that they absolutely loved.

As a general rule, though, people like lineages with specific patterns, like an even gen or a stairstep. There are also certain breed combinations that people tend to like, such as winter x ice or white x snow angel.

People usually do not like inbreds, though there are exceptions as I mentioned before. Messy lineages are also looked down on.

Caught these two today: One and Two - the last which reminds me of the Mogwai in The Gremlins. biggrin.gif Thank you to the people that dropped these.

Also caught another of these. Just taunting me now as I really need a 2nd Gen Silver to create a checker with my 2nd Gen Thuwed purple!

EDIT: Spelling. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Fandom Addict

Two - the last which reminds me of the Mogwai in The Gremlins. biggrin.gif Thank you to the people that dropped these.

Yay! It's been a while since I've seen one of my pretties pop up in here. <3

I've never seen The Gremlins, but I'm glad you like the code. When I saw it, I thought of the German word, "Moglich", which means "possible". smile.gif

Adding onto what Umbee was talking about for inbreds, most people don't like them. However, there are some who will intentionally breed them to produce a certain kind of lineage pattern. There's a thread for Inbred Even Gens you can look around in.

I've produced some inbreds myself on purpose and it can be fun.

Two - the last which reminds me of the Mogwai in The Gremlins.

Heeey, Thunderthighs x Ruya Nehri are mine. Good to see they helped build an awesome lineage. =o

~

Totally forgot I had picked her up a while ago. Made a nice mate for something I recently found that gendered correct because it loves me. x3

I'm glad it was picked up by someone who will appreciate it! smile.gif

I definitely do! Thanks again!

@TVTD Congratulations!

HOLY censorkip.gif. I am amazingly lucky. <- best case scenario when you impulse click the first egg in the AP.

Holy smoke, what a wonderful catch! Congraulations! I'm so in love with the sunsong x nebula combo... as you can tell from my sig. xP Any chance I could persuade you for a baby in the future? o3o

Holy smoke, what a wonderful catch! Congraulations! I'm so in love with the sunsong x nebula combo... as you can tell from my sig. xP Any chance I could persuade you for a baby in the future? o3o

Of course! All I have to do is find a suitable mate. Or you could choose one from my scroll. I actually doubt I would keep any of the offspring, as I love seeing my dragons' children have children (Some of you are interpreting that wrong, you know who you are. :| ).

Of course! All I have to do is find a suitable mate. Or you could choose one from my scroll. I actually doubt I would keep any of the offspring, as I love seeing my dragons' children have children (Some of you are interpreting that wrong, you know who you are. :|  ).

You mean you? :P I didn't think of it until you mentioned it. Anyway, congrats! ^^

Edited by Saloiq